Manchester United

BOF

He will get the hang of it eventually or get fired.

True. I just wonder how long he'll get. He has no track record of winning anything. Yes, he's a decent manager. But whether he's good enough for a club like United, I'm not so sure ...

I'll be feckin amazed if united win the league this season.

I've got them in the group behind the title contenders. Chelsea and Citeh I expect to challenge for the title.

I'd then expect Spurs, Arse, United and maybe scouserpool to be fighting for the next slots. Spurs I'd have possible favourutes for 3rd, given their signings and manager. Arse for 4th, as Ozil will be a boost to them. United 5th, scouser 6th.

and 5th for United can only be seen as failure. They MAY be planning longer term than this season. You'd hope so, given their abysmal transfer window. How long Moyes gets though is anyone's guess. One thing's for sure though - most 'pundits' don't have them down as winning the title this season, and with good reason.

Van Persie will drag them through enough games, but I don't expect them to be in the title race come April, nor City for that matter actually. They'll still turn us over twice though, you can guarantee that much.

And if Moyes doesn't play a fit Kagawa behind RVP then he's a retard.  You don't win POTS twice in the Bundesliga before the age of 23 if you're not a bit special.  A trio of Kagawa-Rooney-Nani behind RVP with Carrick and Fellaini sitting would be noice.

Yeah, good call that Bri. He doesn't seem to rate Kaggy though, for some reason.

I'd have Cleverly in there, at the expense of either Carrick or Big Fellers. I think having them both in together makes the central MF a bit cumbersome. Clevers is a bit sharper. Also, Nani will have to up his game if Utd are to do anyhting this season.

I'd have Cleverly in there, at the expense of either Carrick or Big Fellers.

Say what? Sorry but we're a million miles from agreement there. Remember that in my formation the 'sharpness' comes from the 3 behind RVP and those 2 are pulling the strings and keeping the defence protected. You can't have everyone wanting to join in the attack. Carrick is a master string puller and Fellaini is a beast. For me Cleverley is not a Man Utd player. He'd walk into most other sides in the Premier League outside the elite but he's not at their level.

In fairness, Kagawa wasn't exactly a stalwart of the team last year, and that was with one of History's greatest managers in charge. Perhaps he's struggling to adapt to the league.

He was injured. When he came back towards the end he started to do very well.

You won't get him for £30m in the summer. If you apply the usual 'January formula' for panic buying then that's easily £40m. I'm confident Lambert and Benteke have already thrashed this out though when they had their chat before his turnaround. An agreement was made at that point. Whatever that agreement was, we don't know, but I'd be a bit surprised if it involved Lambert agreeing to flog Benteke 4½ months into the season.

To add to my point above, if United DO come in for him in January, given the total abject failure and embarrassment they experienced this summer, you'd imagine they will go hell for leather not to fail again. Their determination could mean you could absolutely fleece them. So it might be bad if it's true because they probably wouldn't stop until they got him. So we'd end up with a fortune in cash but a big Benteke-sized hole up front. Or Lambert would simply tell them to do one and to call back in the summer.

Either way, as Trent said earlier, I'm not going to worry between now and then what some non-absorbent toilet roll like the Daily Mirror decides to fill their column inches with.

Trouble in paradise?

Shinji Kagawa has stated that David Moyes should be asked why he has not yet played him in a competitive match for Manchester United this season, with the midfielder admitting to being frustrated by his lack of opportunities.

Since Moyes became the United manager in the summer, Kagawa has managed only seven minutes of football, as a late replacement in the 2-0 Community Shield win over Wigan.

Moyes has said that the 24-year-old was initially returning to match fitness and then decided Nani was preferable as a substitute for the 1-0 defeat at Liverpool before the international break. The playmaker then equalised for Japan in Tuesday's 3-1 win over Ghana in Yokohama.

"Please ask David Moyes why I'm not in the side," Kagawa told AFP. "It is frustrating not playing but to score a goal like that gives me confidence. Hopefully I can take that back to my club with me and things will improve. It's hard not playing regularly. Some days the frustration is worse than others – it comes in waves.

"So it's nice to come back to Japan and get to play, and to score felt good. I just have to keep working hard and keep pushing for my chance. When I get back it will be a challenge to get into the team.

"When I get back to my club I have to wait for my chance in the Champions League and the Premier League. I'm sure my chance will come."

On Saturday United host Crystal Palace before Tuesday's Champions League group game with Bayer Leverkusen. Moyes's side then make the trip to Manchester City on 22 September for the derby, where there will be heightened security.

Greater Manchester Police are concerned there will be no repeat of the trouble that blighted the corresponding fixture last December, which United won 3-2. Rio Ferdinand was hit by a coin and one supporter managed to get on to the pitch.

GMP officers are expected to be on the lookout for graffiti – there have previously been messages regarding the Munich air disaster and the death of the former City midfielder Marc-Vivien Foé – and sniffer dogs will be used to locate flares.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â