VillaGoMarching

10 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Yeah I find the clips from his press conferences are very irritating. There’s been numerous instances where he’s challenged journalists with this tone of voice as if he’s saying something profound and then you actually listen to what he’s saying and it’s clear that he’s actually quite thick. The “we don’t care that it’s a derby” last week was the latest in a number of examples 

As others have said, his CV is objectively average and yet he’s walking around claiming that he’s aiming to win the premier league. The contrast with Emery who never misses an opportunity to try and moderate expectations and show humility is so stark and yet Emery’s CV is one that ange could only dream of 

He’s just completely imploded. What was initially deemed as refreshing and honest, now just comes across as rude and belligerent. 

He acts like a man under a huge amount of pressure and the promise of silverware this season is probably going to backfire on him massively. It’s all journalists will hone in on now.

I thought I quite liked him, now he’s showing his true colours he just comes across like a lot of other Aussies I’ve met. 

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he brought a trophy to Spurs. I remember Celtic being doubtful about Ange, but once he found that groove, they were an absolute joy to watch. 

An argument that I've seen Angepologists making lately is 'his football would work if he had better players'. But surely that just shows his limitations as a manager? They've given him hundreds of millions to spend the past couple of years - whether it's money well spent remains to be seen - but most teams seem to have figured out how to stop Spurs from being a threat. They just look clueless against a low block, which is something that all teams that dominate possession will face. Once they get close to the opponent's box, there are no passing triangles, no quick switches to create an overload or get a player into space... Maybe in lesser leagues Postecoglou had the resources to just steamroller opponents, but he's up against much better quality players and managers in the PL.

11 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

An argument that I've seen Angepologists making lately is 'his football would work if he had better players'. But surely that just shows his limitations as a manager? They've given him hundreds of millions to spend the past couple of years - whether it's money well spent remains to be seen - but most teams seem to have figured out how to stop Spurs from being a threat. They just look clueless against a low block, which is something that all teams that dominate possession will face. Once they get close to the opponent's box, there are no passing triangles, no quick switches to create an overload or get a player into space... Maybe in lesser leagues Postecoglou had the resources to just steamroller opponents, but he's up against much better quality players and managers in the PL.

But, but he ALWAYS wins in his 2nd season, so that's only the treble for us this year :-0

I liked him at first and genuinely think 5th was a decent season for him and Spurs. 

Problem is, when you start getting snarky and shitty with the press, and you haven't got the reputation of a Klopp or Pep, then they will tear you to pieces. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HallGreenVillan said:

But, but he ALWAYS wins in his 2nd season, so that's only the treble for us this year :-0

TBF he didn’t say what he’ll win. It might be the Bristol Motors trophy or a mid-season break trophy in Australia. 

He's doubling down on it now, saying "should i just lie?"

The question wasn't "Have you previously won a trophy in your second season at a club?", to which his response would've been fine, it was "Do you think you can win in your season at Spurs?", to which the answer is obviously "No, no one can."

That nice guy act he had has soon slipped as soon as the pressure has cranked up on him.

Even going back to last year, their record since they got thumped by Chelsea at home is pretty average to say the least.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2024 at 21:06, JPJCB said:

Yeah I find the clips from his press conferences are very irritating. There’s been numerous instances where he’s challenged journalists with this tone of voice as if he’s saying something profound and then you actually listen to what he’s saying and it’s clear that he’s actually quite thick. The “we don’t care that it’s a derby” last week was the latest in a number of examples 

As others have said, his CV is objectively average and yet he’s walking around claiming that he’s aiming to win the premier league. The contrast with Emery who never misses an opportunity to try and moderate expectations and show humility is so stark and yet Emery’s CV is one that ange could only dream of 

He's Steve Bruce. Top fella. Everyone's mate. But it's just all pretence and doesn't take long to see through the charade when he flips his lid at the first sign of trouble.

I expect the players cottoned on to it a long time ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm surprised it's taking people so long to figure out that Ange is completely out of his depth

Naw, he's going to win a trophy this season, always does mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/09/2024 at 17:09, PaulC said:

I find Postecoglou extremely obnoxious and rude like he's better than the journalists asking him the questions. Do you don't get from Emery. 

It's amazing how arrogant he is. His achievements are at such a low level they barely register. "I always win something in my second season" - Yeah some tinpot cup that's just above amateur level football. 

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's Steve Bruce. Top fella. Everyone's mate. But it's just all pretence and doesn't take long to see through the charade when he flips his lid at the first sign of trouble.

I expect the players cottoned on to it a long time ago.

I expect the players are baffled as to just how bad his coaching is. It's Steve cabbage Bruce level of tactics. Can't coach defence, can't coach set pieces, his idea of attacking coaching is throw as many players forward as possible and tell them to score goals. 

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This guy is delusional 😂

Why does he keep talking about trophies he’s won in a one horse SPL and some u17 Oceania cup 😂

I'm reminder of quite a few old pros on undr the cosh when talking about managers and the lines "will you shut the **** up about this club or that club or this club" they're pub players.

Can’t help but feel some of these comments might come back to bite some folks on the behind.

They’ve played well in what I’ve seen of them so far this season, certainly haven’t amassed the points you’d expect to go with the performances but that can change quickly.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t help but feel some of these comments might come back to bite some folks on the behind.

They’ve played well in what I’ve seen of them so far this season, certainly haven’t amassed the points you’d expect to go with the performances but that can change quickly.

I expect they will be in the top 6. If you play well and don't win isn't that worse than playing badly and winning?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â