VillaGoMarching

Porro can't play fullback. He's a wing back so no. Technically good though. No positional awareness what so ever. Emery would **** him right off.

Udogie. Eh maybe. Not much in it. 

Maddison is just shit.

Van Der Ven. Decent enough not an upgrade on Torres. Especially with how we play.

Son. Guy has been gone for about 18 months now. Living off the past when he could actually run.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Porro and Udogie yes, Son maybe but legs going Maddison and Van de Ven No chance

Van de Ven is incredibly overrated except his pace

If they have such inferior players to us how did they manage to finish only 2 points behind us? And smack us 4:0? There was not much between us last season. Is their manager getting more out of their players than Emery? Or maybe the players are actually at least as good as ours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

If they have such inferior players to us how did they manage to finish only 2 points behind us? And smack us 4:0? There was not much between us last season. Is their manager getting more out of their players than Emery? Or maybe the players are actually at least as good as ours.

Maybe you forgot the part when we ran out of players and also played 15 more games while travelling around Europe

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

They had bigger injury crisis than we had. At one point they had no defenders left.

Our main back 5 played a similar amount of games as there back 5(i wont include Mings) in the league while playing in Europe

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Thought Ange came across well at the start, straight talker, bit of a lad, hell for leather tactics but that was while they were winning every week.

The wheels have well and truly come off now and he's getting more hostile in his media duties by the day.

Still think they'll have a half decent season but no danger to the top 4 race. His name is mud on the fighting cock.

He's done o.k there but I agree, he's starting to sound like any manager who knows they're under pressure, having barbs at the fanbase and also referencing what he's achieved in the past.

That said there seems to be a weird feeling they should be challenging for league title. Last season they had a brilliant start but everyone knew they'd fall away and so it happened. Players like Maddison and Bissouma are types that look good in first halves of seasons where there's nothing at stake but fade when the heat is on. Ultimately they're key players at Spurs compared to being squad players at other clubs. Son is also declining now, dosen't have the pace to get away from full backs.

They're just a 5th-8th team now and in reality that's where they've generally been last five years bar Conte finishing 4th off a strong finish to the 21/22 season so not sure why Ange should be criticised that much if they're finishing in that part of the table, 5th will also be good enough plenty of seasons to make CL.

45 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Porro, udogie, Madison, vdv, son

Maddison fades when the pressure is on, did nothing end of last season. I'd rather continue with Rogers. Son a few years back but he is on the decline now, think he's only scored 6 goals in prem in 2024. The rest are fair arguments but I don't think there's a huge difference between Porro and Cash personally. Ultimate CB if you give Pau the pace Van De Ven has!

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Regardless of the manager, I just don't think they are good enough. Clearly got recruitment issues. Who in the Spurs team would realistically get in our first 11? 

Their quick CB mabye? Porro?

Tottenham appoint as Johan Lange as their new technical director ...

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

They had bigger injury crisis than we had. At one point they had no defenders left.

Van de Ven missed 9 games with a hamstring injury, Romero missed 3 due to his stupid red card against Chelsea.  Both were available from January onwards and played the majority of games in their poor run in.

I believe Ange is right that he'll win something this season: Spurs are well on course to win both the Final Third Entries Championship and the Field Tilt Cup. Might even clinch the treble this year with the Most Possession Trophy.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Porro can't play fullback. He's a wing back so no. Technically good though. No positional awareness what so ever. Emery would **** him right off.

Udogie. Eh maybe. Not much in it. 

Maddison is just shit.

Van Der Ven. Decent enough not an upgrade on Torres. Especially with how we play.

Son. Guy has been gone for about 18 months now. Living off the past when he could actually run.

Big Flange must be the best manager in the world than if he managed to get this bunch of losers to 5th in the league.

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I find Postecoglou extremely obnoxious and rude like he's better than the journalists asking him the questions. 

That was pretty appalling journalism though, given they removed the mic twice to add addendums, and once after Ange had already started talking.

5 minutes ago, Lunarsea said:

That was pretty appalling journalism though, given they removed the mic twice to add addendums, and once after Ange had already started talking.

Not the first time he been extremely rude though.

• Like 1

Ange making that dismissive remark about "Set Pieces," talk about making a rod for your back. Then he goes and makes another one by saying, "I always win something in my second year." Fwiw, I think he may well. It's so "Spursy" for them to start panicking with only a few games in. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he brought a trophy to Spurs. I remember Celtic being doubtful about Ange, but once he found that groove, they were an absolute joy to watch. 

Crazy how poorly they have recruited.  Time Werner and Brennan Johnson are two sides of the same coin. After they sold Kane they just didn't bring in another striker then this year they overpay for an average one at best. You can just go down the list of head scratchers.

Exclude the Steven period and you can argue that we have had the 2nd best recruitment in the league behind Brighton. Spurs are somewhere in the 11-15 range. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I find Postecoglou extremely obnoxious and rude like he's better than the journalists asking him the questions. Do you don't get from Emery. 

He's been like that since day 1, he's very condescending and arrogant when talking to the press. If you didn't know better you would think he had Guardiola's CV, and not the Temu version. When they were winning, people were lapping it up as "he's a straight shooter, I like him", which seems to be a popular fetish for whatever reason. I personally prefer people who speak thoughtfully and respectfully like our manager.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â