VillaGoMarching

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he's just a Pardew/Sherwood type of manager.

Those kinds of managers always find success when they follow a disciplinarian or someone who sucks the life out of a team. Because the new guy just take the reins off and "let the players go out and play"

Which works really well for a short period. But once the slide starts they can't stop it. They don't have enough about them to understand what's going wrong and to fix it

I can see that exact thing happening with Spurs. Conte had them drilled to within an inch of their lives. And once that goes wrong the players hate it. Ange comes in, breath of fresh air and all that bollocks, and it's great for a few months.

But then the slide starts

I don't think there's an evidence for what you claiming. If you look at teams he's managed, they got better in their 2nd seasons.

Edited by Czarnikjak

46 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't think there's an evidence for what you claiming. If you look at teams he's managed, they got better in their 2nd seasons.

That's against what type of opposition? The teams he has managed before have been in leagues that are way below Premier league teams and their managers technical abilities.

That's not to say Spurs won't do well, I watched their game against Leicester and they should have been 3 up first half. However......they did fade badly towards the end of the 90 and Leicester had some decent chances to win the game. Have they got a squad that can pull them through the final 30 minutes of games played at such a high tempo? 

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Seems to be some cray posts about Spurs… they really aren’t that bad and play some fairly decent stuff, with a few decent players. 

Agree, but the problem is they have somehow blagged this tag of being a huge club 

They're good, they'll be top 7 this year, they'll have fun in Europe, they'll at some point be labelled title challengers but Muppets in the media, they'll win nothing again 

Not a clue how spurs have become what they are 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree, but the problem is they have somehow blagged this tag of being a huge club 

They're good, they'll be top 7 this year, they'll have fun in Europe, they'll at some point be labelled title challengers but Muppets in the media, they'll win nothing again 

Crouch goal against City in 2010

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the tag comes purely from the money they bring into the club, whether thats taking a commercial advantage with a player like Son, or the stadium being used for NFL to musical artists like Pink & Beyonce.

From a footballing perspective, while they have played in the Champions League a few times, they have won exactly the same amount of trophies as Villa, while finishing below us in the league more times in the past thirty years, & we spent a few years out it, so the "big six" tag even confuses some of my Spurs supporting mates.

2 hours ago, Andy_10 said:

they have won exactly the same amount of trophies as Villa, while finishing below us in the league more times in the past thirty years, & we spent a few years out it,

Have they really finished below us more times than above us in the past 30 years?   I’m surprised by that!

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Have they really finished below us more times than above us in the past 30 years?   I’m surprised by that!

You are right to be surprised because my math is not very good, lol. After rechecking, they have actually finished above us 4 times more than we have above them in the past 30 years.

Im not sure where I got my numbers from. Apologies.

Edited by Andy_10
Spelling

In my opinion, a shocker of a window for Spurs.

Spent ridiculous money on Solanke and gambled on two young midfielders and a winger as their main signings this summer.

33 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

In my opinion, a shocker of a window for Spurs.

Spent ridiculous money on Solanke and gambled on two young midfielders and a winger as their main signings this summer.

Amazed they didn't strengthen the defence. Maybe they have kids coming through?

• 3 weeks later...

Last year they were all Gung-ho and hope for the best, and that got them some results by simply being able to score more. This year, looks like ange had tune that down a bit and them becoming a bit meh

Dare I say it looks today Ange is trying o adopt the way we play, but just without the tactical training 

Edited by HongKongVillan

We have got two better strikers than Solanke. Goalkeeper must be a vampire because he hates crosses. Maddison looks ineffective. They couid just be a mid table team this season. Don't think Arsenal were very good today without their best player plus Rice. But they have a resilience about them now which can win titles 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Looks more and more that last season was carried on a longer than normal new manager bounce. Except for smashing us they struggles at back end of last season

Also looks like lack coaching, back 4 are all individually good players but always play like they just met

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â