VillaGoMarching

They have good full backs and a decent attack. 

But there midfielders Pape Saar and Bentancur you wouldn't pick them over Onana, Tielemans or Kamara. 

They don't have a top 4 midfield tbh. 

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

They have good full backs and a decent attack. 

But there midfielders Pape Saar and Bentancur you wouldn't pick them over Onana, Tielemans or Kamara. 

They don't have a top 4 midfield tbh. 

They don’t have the depth we now have. Lange is not an elite Sporting Director..

I look at their side and they have some decent players. Udogie, Porro, Romero, Maddison. But then I look at some of their forward options. Werner, Johnson, Kulusevski. I wouldn’t have any of those 3 starting for us. Then you have Bentancur and Sarr who are pretty average.

I dunno. They’re a good side but we need to start trying to pull away from them as early as possible. 

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I look at their side and they have some decent players. Udogie, Porro, Romero, Maddison. But then I look at some of their forward options. Werner, Johnson, Kulusevski. I wouldn’t have any of those 3 starting for us. Then you have Bentancur and Sarr who are pretty average.

I dunno. They’re a good side but we need to start trying to pull away from them as early as possible. 

Very average overhyped manager too!

On 20/08/2024 at 10:43, StefanAVFC said:

Kulusevski is hugely underrated. Has it all, should be starting. 

Sorry but I think the opposite is true. He wouid be starting if he was more productive. 

On 20/08/2024 at 10:43, StefanAVFC said:

Kulusevski is hugely underrated. Has it all, should be starting. 

When he first came in I thought he was sensational but he seems to have gone massively off the boil since then.

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

When he first came in I thought he was sensational but he seems to have gone massively off the boil since then.

He's not that quick but I always think he has exceptional close control, can get away from players from tight spots like that and get shots away. Bit like a right sided version of Ramsey.

Kulusevski is super creative, I do like him. Sarr is another one, top talent, his outside of the boot assist at VP was sensational. Young and inconsistent though.

Son, fantastic as everyone knows but getting on a bit now.

I think Udogie is a top top player as well, one of the best left backs in the league.

Vicario, good shot stopper but not much else. You need to command your area in this league or you are toast.

Van Der Ven, great but to the point he's becoming overrated. Mistakes in him still, pace is his biggest asset. He can be one of the best though.

Porro can't defend, Romero seems to get away with being shite because he's a supposed hard man.

Maddison soooo overrated, on his day quality though.

Johnson also hasn't kicked on as much as I thought he would.

They're a strange squad in general, a lot of talent but not much consistency there at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ange is a fraud. He won't make the end of the season

I was surprised he did last season. They were just riding off that start when they just blew everyone away, like Bielsaball with good players. Then they got found out defensively. And they're so spursy.

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I was surprised he did last season. They were just riding off that start when they just blew everyone away, like Bielsaball with good players. Then they got found out defensively. And they're so spursy.

I think he's just a Pardew/Sherwood type of manager.

Those kinds of managers always find success when they follow a disciplinarian or someone who sucks the life out of a team. Because the new guy just take the reins off and "let the players go out and play"

Which works really well for a short period. But once the slide starts they can't stop it. They don't have enough about them to understand what's going wrong and to fix it

I can see that exact thing happening with Spurs. Conte had them drilled to within an inch of their lives. And once that goes wrong the players hate it. Ange comes in, breath of fresh air and all that bollocks, and it's great for a few months.

But then the slide starts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Ange is a fraud. He won't make the end of the season

Thought that spat with the fans would have done for him last year. Suspect he is one small slip away from it ending. 

Spurs would have to finish 8th or 9th for Ange to have any danger of the sack imo. I can see them having a very good run in the Europa League so that's an opportunity for CL if the league dosen't work out.

That dig at the fanbase after the Man. City game has been forgotten.

More chance of Howe not lasting the season at Newcastle imo.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs would have to finish 8th or 9th for Ange to have any danger of the sack imo. I can see them having a very good run in the Europa League so that's an opportunity for CL if the league dosen't work out.

That dig at the fanbase after the Man. City game has been forgotten.

More chance of Howe not lasting the season at Newcastle imo.

The difference is Howe is actually a good manager, and I think they'll have a very good season

I think Postecoglu is more than a Sherwood, but not markedly so. He's not pure passion merchant, he's got a bit of a tactical thought, but he's not a great manager at the highest level, you can see it in his fundamental style. He plays every game from whistle to whistle at a million miles an hour and seeks to dominate the opponent entirely. The best teams can beat others in different ways and can change how they play to hurt their opponent specifically - even we do it, we have a style but we approach games differently, there are games were we try to blow teams away there's games where we spoil the game and counter, there's games were we do very negative possession style.

Postecoglu doesn't. It's out fight the opponent, play a numbers game, run more shoot more etc etc. That doesn't work for long though and I suspect when the wheels fall off it'll be a spectacular implosion. It's like a stupider Bielsa, and Bielsa always had teams fall apart.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â