VillaGoMarching

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Soldado signed the season before Poch took over. They still had players like Lloris, Walker, Dembele, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Soldado, Adebayor and a few more

They werent as poor as people made out

Yes, that's my point. He was utter crap, but Levy was insisting he stay (and even nudging Sherwood to pick him over Harry Kane as he'd be "devaluing the player"). 7 goals in 52 appearances. Keinan Davis would wince at those numbers.

You named like 6 guys, 1 of which was dire, and another being Adebayor. The rest of the squad was full of deadwood. The likes of Sandro, Gomes, Chiriches, Kaboul, Dawson, Townsend, Holtby etc. They were awful. Kaboul and Dawson's legs were gone (Kaboul especially, was quite sad to see). Sandro was shot. Paulinho's form fell off a cliff except for when he played Villa naturally. 

Basically the whole defence and midfield needed major surgery, as did the CF position. It took a year of playing Bentaleb and Mason for 30 games and Frederico Fazio in defence before that was properly fixed as well as unearthing young talent like Kane, Dier, and getting form out of the likes of Dembele, Eriksen and Lamela. I think they're in a (slightly) healthier position now. One difference is they don't have many good youth players coming through anymore, that seems to have dried up for whatever reason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fans hate him after how he left

Celtic fans hating a manager who has left them? 

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Tough job that, he's a brave man.

It's a very good opportunity for him.

I had it in my mind he was mid 40s so was a bit shocked he is actually 57 so in managerial terms it was now or never to step up to major league. Spurs squad has loads of issues but they are not in europe so he'll have plenty of free mid weeks to really drill them on training ground.

They'll do very well indeed to make top 6 but he needs to have a proper go at both domestic cups. Incredible to think they actually left Kane on the bench for the Sheffield United FA cup match.

They need to sell Kane this summer. Keep him and they'll get off to a slow start, with no funds to turn it around in January.

Sell him,  and they can start the rebuild this summer, and lower the expectations of the fans...which may give him a chance to last the season. 

Can see all number of scenarios happening for spurs next season, none of them involving a finish in the European places. 

• Like 1

Funny paper talk line in sky sports today spurs want cut price deal on raya. They only want to pay £20 mill not the £40 Brentford have agreed they would let him go for. Classic levy thinking clubs should help them out by dropping what they will accept. Maybe pay what’s asked or decide you can’t afford him and get a keeper you can afford like Frazier forester.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Funny paper talk line in sky sports today spurs want cut price deal on raya. They only want to pay £20 mill not the £40 Brentford have agreed they would let him go for. Classic levy thinking clubs should help them out by dropping what they will accept. Maybe pay what’s asked or decide you can’t afford him and get a keeper you can afford like Frazier forester.

Levy is a GENIUS

56 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Is this Nuno 2.0? Sacked by Christmas.

i think so

the stat for me when a manager is struggling is distance covered, where you can say its tactics to run round less or you can suggest that the players are half arsed, when nuno was sacked spurs were bottom for that stat by a distance, so were we when we sacked deano

i expect that stat to be relevant around november too

33 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Man. United will just come in and pay 40m for Raya so Levy is really really thick if he continues with that approach just lowballing clubs constantly.

Raya is much better than Lloris these days and Spurs aren't in europe so there's actually no motivation for top level players to join them at this point in time. Their agents will also be telling their clients to wait to see how Kane's future plays out so I can't see many major Spurs signings until major shopping spree on August 31st.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Heres how i see it if you offered most cluba in PL chouce emery or poste im certain 99% of clubs would want emery.

Yes, 19.8 clubs would choose Emery.

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Brentford now accepting £40 for transfers

13 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They need to sell Kane this summer.

I imagine this appointment will very much help to make Kane's mind up if he was considering staying

Spuds fans have already made their made up about him; he's on the backfoot already. Mourinho and now Conte gone before him...arguable they were better managers too...

No surprise the fans of the team he used to coach now hate him; they are stupid many of them. Heard one or two of them expressing views as to why he is joining Spuds from a team which is the greatest and more well-known. Yeah in your tiny mind...

He is moving from a league ranked EIGHTEENTH in the World to the best league in the World. The answer is simple, money, fame and well done to him for taking the challenge. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â