VillaGoMarching

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

They have had 14 consecutive years in Europe and for a club like Spurs that is punching way above their weight. Traditionally no bigger than us, they are due a few tough years to give their moaning fans a sense of perspective of their natural position in the football hierarchy, high tec cheese room or not.

Their fans are deluded. Yes Levy needs to go as he's mucked this all up a bit, but to get them to this position is an achievement in itself. They were trash in the 90's/early 2000's. Their last league title was in the early 60's I believe. Levy's tenure has them believing they are at the level of Arsenal or something.

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Their fans are deluded. Yes Levy needs to go as he's mucked this all up a bit, but to get them to this position is an achievement in itself. They were trash in the 90's/early 2000's. Their last league title was in the early 60's I believe. Levy's tenure has them believing they are at the level of Arsenal or something.

They and Chelsea have always had a favorable press as they are London clubs. Always have, always will.

I think the stadium costs are a bit overblown to be honest. It costs them about £30-35 million a year, less so with all these 'events' being held there. If they were in relegation trouble it would be very dangerous but being as 8th is being seen as a complete disaster I don't think they're going to go down any time soon sadly 

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Spurs chief problem is still the levels of their fan expectation, and perhaps their board expectation.

It should be perfectly reasonable for the next Spurs manager to be sitting in front of Levy right now in an interview and explaining that over the next three years he can turn Spurs into a side that will be able to qualify for Europa League football - maybe not next season as it needs a rebuild, but certainly in years two and three he'd hope to have them at that level.

Unfortunately their fans seem to have decided that anything short of fourth is failure and that the next manager should be scheming to find ways to push them towards competing for the title they need. Ultimately that means that any manager that comes in is immediately set for failure - they'll be unpopular and lambasted, even if they do a good job, because the Spurs support baseline is unrealistically high.

The board too have set up a financial model that needs Champions league money - perhaps not every year, but regularly enough to pay for the stadium and keep them in a position where they can maintain their brand value - whether they have the patience for a manager whose expectations are more realistic is hard to predict.

Man City and Man Utd are in my opinion locked in for next season's top four, Newcastle will continue to strengthen, Arsenal had a great season with one of the youngest squads in the league - all of those teams will strengthen - then you have Liverpool, halfway through a rebuilding process and with their own issues, but still commercially massive and with a good squad and manager - they'll be looking to be back in the top four too - for me, those five will be the competition for those spots.

Spurs then will compete with Chelsea, perhaps Brighton and us for the last Europa place and Europa Conference football, and, over the next couple of season at least, for Spurs, sixth is success.That's not enough for the Spurs fanbase - they won't have that - they can't live with it - and God help any manager that can actually deliver it.

Spurs are eating themselves and it's the fans who are holding the cutlery.

We can overtake these.

They need a rebuild. You are right though, their fanbase won't give anyone who comes in the space to do it. They could though. They have an asset in Kane that could be sold and if they invest it right, they could spend a couple of years mid table then have a younger, more balanced side knocking on the door again. They won't though. They'll hire 3 managers next season, after each successive one fails to polish an unbalanced turd of a team.  

In that respect, Kane staying is the worst thing they could do. Unless they break the cycle, they will need to be watching out for trouble at the other end of the table.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

They need a rebuild. You are right though, their fanbase won't give anyone who comes in the space to do it. They could though. They have an asset in Kane that could be sold and if they invest it right, they could spend a couple of years mid table then have a younger, more balanced side knocking on the door again. They won't though. They'll hire 3 managers next season, after each successive one fails to polish an unbalanced turd of a team.  

In that respect, Kane staying is the worst thing they could do. Unless they break the cycle, they will need to be watching out for trouble at the other end of the table.   

They failed the last few times they had an asset though. They dont trust Levy to invest it

I think the market for kane is actually really small, maybe only chelsea

And knocking on the door again... Thats part of their problem, bar the Leicester season did they ever seriously knock on the door? Sky have convinced them they're something that they're not

Just now, villa4europe said:

And knocking on the door again... Thats part of their problem, bar the Leicester season did they ever seriously knock on the door? Sky have convinced them they're something that they're not

Chelsea and United thats it

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd have thought the whoring of thr stadium out to nfl and motor racing etc etc plus the extra revenue it generates more than covers the bill

It's not going to make up for the £90m of Champions League money, and I get the feeling they've budgeted that in for every other year.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It's not going to make up for the £90m of Champions League money, and I get the feeling they've budgeted that in for every other year.

I meant more that the stadium repayments are paid for by the increased revenue from said stadium

They're not hamstrung by the stadium, it pays for itself

They will now be hamstrung by no CL

But any notion Levy gives that they can't compete because of the stadium repayments is a bullshit excuse

• Like 3

Published in March. 

The stadium is a cash cow even with the loans.

• Total Revenue up 23% to £444m.
• Profit from Operations (EBITDA) up 16% to £112m.
• Loss after Tax reduced by 40% to £50m.

• Total Revenue for the year increased 22.7% to £444.0m (2021: £361.9m).
o Match receipts of £106.1m (2021: £1.9m) with the resumption of games being played in front of capacity crowds following two seasons of disruption from COVID, representing the first full season in the new stadium at capacity.
o UEFA prize money was £10.2m (2021: £23.6m) reflecting the difference between a COVID-enforced group stage exit from the Europa Conference League as opposed to competing in the Europa League in the prior year.
o TV and Media revenues were £144.2m (2021: £184.4m) due to a number of games and related TV and Media revenues from 2020 being played out and accounted for in 2021.
o Commercial revenues from sponsorship and merchandising grew £31.5m (a 20.7% increase) as a result of new sponsors, stores being open, growth of eCommerce and the start of new major events being hosted at the stadium throughout the year.
• Operating expenses (before football trading) increased 18.7% to £403.4m (2021: £339.8m) due to increased First Team costs and the return to full matchday operations.
• Profit from Operations, before depreciation, amortisation, player trading, interest and taxation increased 15.7% to £112.3m (2021: profit £97.1).
• The loss for the year after depreciation, amortisation, player trading, interest and taxation was £50.1m (2021: loss £83.8m).
• Over 90% of our financial borrowings of £852.6m, are at fixed rates, with an average interest rate of 2.81%. The average maturity of all our borrowings is 20.4 years, some of which stretch until 2051, ensuring limited impact on the Club’s ability to invest in the playing squad.
• During the year the Club agreed a capital increase commitment with its majority shareholder, ENIC, of up to £150m via the issue of convertible A shares of which £100m were subscribed for during the year – and post year end these were converted into Ordinary permanent share capital – taking ENIC’s shareholding from 85.56% to 86.58%.
• As with prior years no dividends have been paid.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/february/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2022/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

United the obvious team. He's 30 next month, they won't want to pay mega money. He really has wasted years at Spurs.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

United the obvious team. He's 30 next month, they won't want to pay mega money. He really has wasted years at Spurs.

It's his own fault. At the age of 24/25 when he was in his prime and should have been looking to kick on he signs a 6 year deal. He could very well have negotiated it as a 3 or a 4. The only reasons he would have done that would have been if he was so in love with the club that he wanted to stay regardless, seduced by the money, or that he had no intention of seeing it out but wanted the money anyway. Either way, I have no sympathy for him now. He wasn't forced to do it.

It was well documented at the time that his agent was his brother. He's been so badly advised in his career and when you look at people like Kane, Chukwuemeka etc you really understand why the best agents are so powerful and command so much money.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Went from supporter to club legend for Spurs. He got to break their club record, play in a CL final and play in both their old and new stadium while getting extremely rich.

I'd say it's time well spent. He's a Spurs supporter, winning titles were never on the table, he knew that.

• Like 2

i think he's the opposite of what utd need tbh

you look at weghorst and can say what you like about his lack of ability but what he's doing there is occupying a space, he's pushing the line and keeping CBs busy in theory giving space to the likes of rashford and fernandes, kane dropping deep doesnt help them, they need a proper striker

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â