VillaGoMarching

Xabi Alonso will be a top manager for sure one day. He's done decently at Leverkusen and has a chance of winning a european trophy.

Does smack a bit of Spurs playing to the gallery though. Fans pointing out what Arsenal have done in last two years of backing young manager and investing in youth so Spurs basically getting an Arteta clone in and perhaps crossing some fingers.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Xabi Alonso will be a top manager for sure one day. He's done decently at Leverkusen and has a chance of winning a european trophy.

Does smack a bit of Spurs playing to the gallery though. Fans pointing out what Arsenal have done in last two years of backing young manager and investing in youth so Spurs basically getting an Arteta clone in and perhaps crossing some fingers.

Could work out like gerrard did for us.

Id rather they got alonso than nagelsmann

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Nagelssman ruled out of the running by Spurs, not interested in him apparently. Good news is they’re considering Mason for the permanent position. 

I dont understand their logic i really dont.

I have a feeling they might go for rodgers

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whatever they do, I hope they get it drastically wrong. Same goes for Chelsea. I have a sneaky feeling that the tide is about to change on the so called ‘big six’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The guy who relegated Leicester. Might as well keep Mason or Stellini 

29 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Potter I reckon.

They have hired some of Chelseas best high profile recent managers with no success

Imagine the reaction to hiring a Chelsea failure

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The guy who got them top half finishes, europe and won a fa cup you mean

And relegated. Leicester won the league 3 years before he took over.

Hardly some miracle job, when he joined is when Leicester transfers got shit 20 million Ayoze Perez for example

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And relegated. Leicester won the league 3 years before he took over.

Hardly some miracle job, when he joined is when Leicester transfers got shit 20 million Ayoze Perez for example

Its Leicester  not liverpool thata major success for them

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

relegation is a major success for them?

No, obviously not, but two top 6 finishes, an 8th place and an FA Cup probably is. 

He did a poor job this season, not helped by the fact they barely signed anyone last summer and the owners visibly cut funding for business reasons. But let's not pretend his time in charge was some kind of unmitigated disaster. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Whatever they do, I hope they get it drastically wrong. Same goes for Chelsea. I have a sneaky feeling that the tide is about to change on the so called ‘big six’.

As bad as it is Newcastle settled themselves into top 4 bumps one of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs down to 6th-7th for foreseeable so whoever is manager of them will be under big pressure (Klopp certainly will be if Liverpool mess around like they have down for 3/4 of this season) so they'll be on brink of crisis with supporter protest commonplace.

Think Arsenal will drop significantly being back in CL but whether we can get close enough to them feels unlikely although you never know given we were above Liverpool until a few weeks ago and 12 months ago they were two games off winning the Quadruple. 

As we all know things can change very quickly in football with specific teams but we really need to take advantage of that in next two seasons.

• Like 1

I wonder if they might go for Ruben Amorim. Remember loads doing their nut on here as he was the first serious link before Emery came onto the radar a few days later.

Clearly a talented manager and you wonder if he'll stay if Sporting clube sell 3-4 of their key players this summer. They were unlucky not to make last 16 and then knocked out Arsenal in europa so think Spurs could hire poorer fits.

Was going to throw in Ange Postacoglu as outsider but Brady was randomly mentioning him in her newspaper column last week so that's a pretty big hint who West Ham are going for post Moyes.

They were properly hopeless weren't they? (For a team that's basically been in the top 6 all season).

Regardless of Kane there's so many issues in that squad back to front. Richarlison offered next to nothing at CF. At Everton he was best at left of front three but that's where Son plays but he's declining now generally.

Midfield and defence very average indeed against any sort of movement.

Regardless of how the last two games play out we really should be comfortably finishing ahead of them next season as they need a really good manager and 3-4 decent transfer windows before they can be as high as they generally have been. More likely to be where Chelsea are this time next year.

I said in match thread for first 70 minutes it was like they were being managed by Steve Bruce. No intensity in or out of possession.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, duke313 said:

I hope they go for Rodgers, would be a disaster.

He’s good for 2 seasons, and then it falls apart. Usually when he starts bringing in his own players.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â