VillaGoMarching

I like that he was sacked for finishing 4th because I can't stand the bloke. But what a mental decision that was.

he was sacked for losing a 10 point lead in 3rd over Arsenal with about a third of season left. MON should have been sacked for same reason

I'm not going to defend Redknapp as I don't like him but you must admit Spurs made a mistake sacking him at that time? 

As for MON - funny how you look at things and wish you had those problems like losing a race for fourth place! 

Yep. He, as with most people, believed he was a shoe-in for the England job and it is no coincedence that the collapse begun straight after Capello resigned. His sacking was completely justified on that basis. I remember popping onto the Spurs forums straight after it was announced and I was surprised just how unanimous the support of the decision was and how disliked he was by their fans. Says it all really.

Edited by Isa

Yep. He, as with most people, believed he was a shoe-in for the England job and it is no coincedence that the collapse begun straight after Capello resigned. His sacking was completely justified on that basis. I remember popping onto the Spurs forums straight after it was announced and I was surprised just how unanimous the support of the decision was and how disliked he was by their fans. Says it all really.

Typical Spuds fans and delusions of grandeur. They probably thought they would get a better manager and challenge for the league. Reality is, they've looked worse since Harry was sacked  :D

He was sacked for trying to back Levy into a corner demanding (through his mates in the media) a new contract as he only had a year left on his current deal.

(as well as how he behaved when the England job came up)

Edited by Genie

Heard on Talksport this morning that there are stories that a big American consortium is interested in buying them now - (no-one interestedin us though evidently!)  are Spurs even up for sale?

He was sacked for trying to back Levy into a corner demanding (through his mates in the media) a new contract as he only had a year left on his current deal.

(as well as how he behaved when the England job came up)

think he also badmouthed Levy in the courtcase he had, something to do with a funeral Levy was at and that really pissed him off

• 2 weeks later...

This seasons Spurs aren't very nice are they?

Happy to stick a foot in, very happy to get around a referee and more than capable of falling over a draught and rolling around like a dying elk.

I demand a return to the traditional Tottenham values of pointless tippy happy passing and nice hair.

Â