VillaGoMarching

AVB moaning at fans didnt help, that was an O Leary tactic backfiring. they have too many cooks in midfield, Chadli and Soldado havent looked great signings.

Also greatest footballer in history of football Andros Townsend really isnt all that compared to Bale

You can't really compare him to bale.
Quality-wise you can't, but that was Zatman's point. Positionally you can. Two wingers who also like to finish their attack with a shot rather than a pass.

I'm just glad a lot of people are starting to realise that Townsend is average and getting sick of his constant shooting. One of the most one footed players I've ever seen.

I think that's harsh. He's not the best or the worst. He burst onto the scene and sides have figured out his 'plan A'. He now needs to go to the next level or risk becoming Aaron Lennon Mark 2. He's still raw and he'll be fine.
He's not the best or the worst. Therefore he's average like I said. I said he'd get figured out quickly and he has. Youre right, he needs to add something different to his game.

I think he's better than average. He can go inside or out, two footed and has pace. So he has a lot going for him.

He is not two footed, watch him when running with the ball, all his ball control is with his left foot.

Maybe but he can shoot and cross with his right, which gives him the option to go either way, with the pace he has as well I think he can be a top player.  Be honest if he played for Villa you would love him!

Edited by PaulC

Just scored after 60 minutes against Tromsø...a team that actually got relegated in the norwegian league. And it was chiriches the defender who did it. Soldado has looked clueless. I don`t know why I even bothered watching for 20 minutes, it`s proper s****

Soldado looks proper garbage at the minute it has to be said....Townsend was actually crossing the ball aswell a few times and Soldado didn't show any inclination to even attempt to move for the crosses, I think his confidence is shot to pieces.

Lamela played aswell.....apparently.

Don't fully understand the hatred towards them. Yes they're the media darlings of the footballing world, and perhaps that's it, but they're one of the better sides who have achieved... wait... they haven't actually achieved anything for a very, very long time have they? As you were chaps.

Because they are a bunch of deluded supporters who year after year always think that they win the title, and yet end up about 20 points from that. That the fact they can charge 80 quid for tickets and they pay for it. That White Hart Lane is a dump and a bloody nightmare to get to. That the fact that they won a couple of cups in the 1980s the media think they are a big club, yet Villa are not whilst they won the title and European cup. That they have a victim mentality that anyone is against them and that beating Arsenal is the highlight of their year. That they subjected us to Alan Sugar and his geography teacher beard to us for ten years. That their best known supporters are loveable cuddly rockney couple, Chas and bloody Dave. A horrible whinning club who just get in the way. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Like 1

The trouble with Spurs is they have so many midfielders

They are almost forced to play 5 in the middle week in week out to keep them all happy

Soldado is not a lone striker he needs a partner

He's a finisher and a poacher not a lone striker I think alongside a big striker like Benteke he would get 15+ goals a season easy just by getting on the end of knock downs alone nearly all his goals come from inside the area

AVB should sell a couple of midfielders like Dembele (to us) and give 4-4-2 a try with another recognised striker to partner Soldado

Edited by AshVilla

People say Soldado can't play up front on his own, yet he played up front in a 4-3-2-1 for Valencia and the same when he was at Getafe...

very much this. difference at Valencia he had service. Except Eriksen and maybe Lamela I dont see anybody at Spurs able to create chances for him

its more annoying his only goal from open play was against Villa :(

Football weekly were saying that the board fully expected a title push this year and there's no signs of that yet so I wouldn't be surprised if after spending all that money, they were expecting an awful lot more from AVB. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him given the old Spanish archer.

Right, now you've crossed the line. Now you're a word removed. With that one gesture I've gone from liking him to wanting him gone. It's that simple. If you can't take a **** slagging from the stands then you need to grow up and take up another profession. 

André Villas-Boas gets Tromso 'sacked in the morning' fan ejected

• Chant by Norwegian hairdresser gets to Tottenham manager

'I know he is under pressure. He was being a bit petulant'

• Friday 29 November 2013 12.53 GMT
Andre-Villas-Boas-011.jpg

The Tottenham manager André Villas-Boas has seen his position come under intense pressure. Photograph: Steven Paston/Action Images

André Villas-Boas asked for a Tromso supporter who chanted that he would be "sacked in the morning" to be removed from his seat behind the dug-out during Tottenham Hotspur's 2-0 Europa League victory in Norway on Thursday evening.

The Tottenham manager said that he was "immune" to all criticism as the pressure on him mounted in the wake of last Sunday's 6-0 defeat at Manchester City.

His position has come under scrutiny at boardroom level, with the City humiliation representing the low point of a difficult period, which has featured home losses to West Ham United and Newcastle United and a worrying struggle for offensive fluency in the Premier League. He sorely needs a positive result and performance against Manchester United at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

But Villas-Boas snapped during the Tromso tie when he heard Reidar Stenersen Jr taunting him over his job prospects. Stenersen, a 29-year-old hairdresser who supports Manchester United, directed the chant at Villas-Boas in the early stages of the game. When he did it again at half-time and Villas-Boas pointed at him, he found himself removed by security.

Stenersen was told that he could return to watch the second half from the stand on the opposite side of the ground but he declined and retired to the pub.

"I first sung after five minutes that he would be 'sacked in the morning' and he looked at me," Stenersen told the Norwegian newspaper Nordlys. "At the half-time whistle, when it was still 0-0 and I started the same song, he pointed at me and suddenly the security came and threw me out.

"I know he is under a lot of pressure so I think my words hit him, even though I am only a little guy in little Tromso. He was being a bit petulant. This is the same thing that can be sung by 60,000 at the Emirates Stadium or other grounds."

Tromso's head of security, Hans-Thore Hanssen, confirmed that a fan had been moved after Villas-Boas made a complaint to the Uefa inspector. "He was asked to move to the other side," Hanssen said. "I was not there when the incident happened so what he may have shouted, I cannot say.

"But I know that he [Villas-Boas] had spoken to the Uefa inspector who, in turn, spoke to our security. The situation was handled correctly. If there is verbal abuse shouted, the supporter should be spoken to and, in some cases, thrown out. In this type of match, there is greater security."

I totally concur with AVB on this one. One thing is 60k singing towards you, it's like listening to banter on a PA, but when one annoying guy gets in your ear it's basically like a wasp around your head. We see that certain people are placed behind the dugout around the Premier League, for example at Old Trafford where fans can actually touch the managers if they want to, thus they have to be cleared on beforehand. These guys are not random and probably have a proven track-record from going to games in order to sit there. You don't see United-fans slagging off Wenger or Mourinho in that stand, because they would be thrown out in a matter of five minutes. What happens in the Holte or in the Kop is another matter, and of course the dugouts aren't placed under these fans.

It doesn't surprise me that someone would defend AVB on this. I still find it utterly baffling though and I strongly disagree with you. It only adds to the ridiculousness that this is a manager who said he was 'immune to criticism' only a few days ago. word removed.

You don't see United-fans slagging off Wenger or Mourinho in that stand, because they would be thrown out in a matter of five minutes

really? 

the abuse Wenger gets at Old Trafford is absolute disgusting

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â