VillaGoMarching

AVB moaning at fans didnt help, that was an O Leary tactic backfiring. they have too many cooks in midfield, Chadli and Soldado havent looked great signings.

Also greatest footballer in history of football Andros Townsend really isnt all that compared to Bale

You can't really compare him to bale.
Quality-wise you can't, but that was Zatman's point. Positionally you can. Two wingers who also like to finish their attack with a shot rather than a pass.

I'm just glad a lot of people are starting to realise that Townsend is average and getting sick of his constant shooting. One of the most one footed players I've ever seen.

I think that's harsh. He's not the best or the worst. He burst onto the scene and sides have figured out his 'plan A'. He now needs to go to the next level or risk becoming Aaron Lennon Mark 2. He's still raw and he'll be fine.

He's not the best or the worst. Therefore he's average like I said. I said he'd get figured out quickly and he has. Youre right, he needs to add something different to his game.

AVB moaning at fans didnt help, that was an O Leary tactic backfiring. they have too many cooks in midfield, Chadli and Soldado havent looked great signings.

Also greatest footballer in history of football Andros Townsend really isnt all that compared to Bale

Quality-wise you can't, but that was Zatman's point. Positionally you can. Two wingers who also like to finish their attack with a shot rather than a pass.

I'm just glad a lot of people are starting to realise that Townsend is average and getting sick of his constant shooting. One of the most one footed players I've ever seen.

I think that's harsh. He's not the best or the worst. He burst onto the scene and sides have figured out his 'plan A'. He now needs to go to the next level or risk becoming Aaron Lennon Mark 2. He's still raw and he'll be fine.

He's not the best or the worst. Therefore he's average like I said. I said he'd get figured out quickly and he has. Youre right, he needs to add something different to his game.

I think he's better than average. He can go inside or out, two footed and has pace. So he has a lot going for him.

It would be madness to sack AVB, I really don't see it happening anytime soon as Levy usually gives managers time unless they're a disaster was like Ramos.

Their next three games aren't too bad, apart from being gubbed at Man. City (and everyone loses at Man. City anyway) their next two away games are Fulham and Sunderland, don't see why they can't get at least 4 points there, maybe even with both.

And I agree with Con, bring Dembele back infront of Paulinho and Sandro and I fully expect that to domainate Man. United's midfield so I think they'll get a point at least from that game, just whether they can get another support up to Soldado. Maybe he'll chuck Defoe in?

7 points from the next 3 and the league table will be looking a lot healthier for them.

Soldado is a class act, he's easily a 20 goal man if the team is set up to how he plays, 4-4-2 and with wingers whipping in balls all the time, their wasting what they have in him by playing the way they play, anyone can see that

As someone has probably already said, but I'll say it again: he's a rich man's Darren Bent.

We could see a reaction against Man Utd this weekend.

Tottenham don't have the midfield to dominate Yaya Toure and Fernandinho but the likes of Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Erikson are a class above Cleverley and Fellaini.

Also, while Man Utd's form away is good, they can't stop conceding. 

My prediction is Townsend back in the team 4-0 Tottenham.

Thats nonsense, they actually did dominate possession but had no cutting edge because of the striker that doesn't move. It made me chuckle as a big thing was made out of Villa when they had less possession than Man City, now a club has more possession than Man City but get spanked 6-0.

If the midfield were so dominant, why couldn't they get further up the field and give Soldado chances inside the penalty box? They weren't dominant. 

Just because your team has most possession does not mean your midfield has dominated the game. Most of Spurs' possession was with their defence.

Vertonghen had 85 touches during the game - most of the Spurs team. Walker had 64, third most. Most of the time the Tottenham side were passing it around at the back, not in midfield, which they didn't dominate.

Yaya Toure and Fernandinho had the most touches in the Man City team. They were the dominant midfield pair. They dominated the Man City play and the opposition.

Yaya Toure and Fernandinho are also a stronger defensive unit than Cleverley and Fellaini.

Expect a completely different game against Man Utd. 

Yes as Gary Neville said Spurs play at a much slower tempo than they did under Harry. I don't understand why it would be such madness to sack AVP.  They sacked Harry after finishing 4th. They finished  one place lower last season. They have spent a fortune in the summer and a defeat to United would put them 7 pts outside the top 4 and possibly 11 pts behind their main rivals. 

Edited by PaulC

I think he's better than average. He can go inside or out, two footed and has pace. So he has a lot going for him.

He is not two footed, watch him when running with the ball, all his ball control is with his left foot.

it makes me so happy to see spurs failing, cant stand that club, their owner and their fans.

I don't think I even know what Spurs' owner looks like. What's your issue with him?

You don't know what Daniel levy looks like?

Levy isn't the owner...

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

it makes me so happy to see spurs failing, cant stand that club, their owner and their fans.

I don't think I even know what Spurs' owner looks like. What's your issue with him?

Levy isn't the owner...

Well they're owned by ENIC where Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy are the business partners. Levy is the one involved with the day to day running of the club.

Levy isn't the owner...
Well they're owned by ENIC where Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy are the business partners. Levy is the one involved with the day to day running of the club.
That doesn't make Levy the owner. Joe Lewis owns 70% of ENIC and is therefore the owner of Tottenham.

Levy isn't the owner...
That doesn't make Levy the owner. Joe Lewis owns 70% of ENIC and is therefore the owner of Tottenham.

Id be surprised if the original poster had a problem with Joe lewis. Fair enough if I'm wrong.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â