VillaGoMarching

AVB moaning at fans didnt help, that was an O Leary tactic backfiring. they have too many cooks in midfield, Chadli and Soldado havent looked great signings.

Also greatest footballer in history of football Andros Townsend really isnt all that compared to Bale

You can't really compare him to bale.

I'm just glad a lot of people are starting to realise that Townsend is average and getting sick of his constant shooting. One of the most one footed players I've ever seen.

AVB moaning at fans didnt help, that was an O Leary tactic backfiring. they have too many cooks in midfield, Chadli and Soldado havent looked great signings.

Also greatest footballer in history of football Andros Townsend really isnt all that compared to Bale

You can't really compare him to bale.

Quality-wise you can't, but that was Zatman's point. Positionally you can. Two wingers who also like to finish their attack with a shot rather than a pass.

I'm just glad a lot of people are starting to realise that Townsend is average and getting sick of his constant shooting. One of the most one footed players I've ever seen.

I think that's harsh. He's not the best or the worst. He burst onto the scene and sides have figured out his 'plan A'. He now needs to go to the next level or risk becoming Aaron Lennon Mark 2. He's still raw and he'll be fine.

We could see a reaction against Man Utd this weekend.

Tottenham don't have the midfield to dominate Yaya Toure and Fernandinho but the likes of Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Erikson are a class above Cleverley and Fellaini.

Also, while Man Utd's form away is good, they can't stop conceding. 

My prediction is Townsend back in the team 4-0 Tottenham.

We could see a reaction against Man Utd this weekend.

Tottenham don't have the midfield to dominate Yaya Toure and Fernandinho but the likes of Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Erikson are a class above Cleverley and Fellaini.

Also, while Man Utd's form away is good, they can't stop conceding. 

My prediction is Townsend back in the team 4-0 Tottenham.

Thats nonsense, they actually did dominate possession but had no cutting edge because of the striker that doesn't move. It made me chuckle as a big thing was made out of Villa when they had less possession than Man City, now a club has more possession than Man City but get spanked 6-0.

Yes, all reports say Soldado is a poacher who nicks in around the 6 yard box and scores plenty if goals.

Spurs have him playing deep with his back to goal whilst playing their wide players on the opposite sides, cutting inside to shoot from distance.

It is little wonder Soldado is struggling to score.

He's also used to playing (read - only ever played...) with a partner up front.  They went through his 'movement' on MNF and he has none, zero, zip, nada.  He does **** all to help his midfielders and is a useless focal point in a single striker team. No surprise his speciality is penalties.

Yeah I watched that as well and it was pretty enlightening.

Surely that problem is more down to the manager than the player?

Soldado has been around a while and has been proven to be a successful striker when played to his strengths yet AVB has him playing a role that is not his style.

They'd be mad to sack him. Yes, he's made mistakes and he's trying to be too clever but they have so much talent they are bound to click at some point. 

When you have the spent the money he has expectations are going to be high. I think a defeat against United could see him go.

Soldado has been around a while and has been proven to be a successful striker when played to his strengths yet AVB has him playing a role that is not his style.

It's definitely AVB's fault. He shouldn't have signed an ill-suited striker in the first place.  But he did so he shouldn't play him in a role unfamiliar to him.  But he did, so you shouldn't persist with him when it is clearly failing.  His next move could decide whether he is employed come January.

It's definitely AVB's fault. He shouldn't have signed an ill-suited striker in the first place.  But he did so he shouldn't play him in a role unfamiliar to him.  But he did, so you shouldn't persist with him when it is clearly failing.  His next move could decide whether he is employed come January.

Was it AVB or the director of football? I did say Soldado wouldn't suit them, they needed a striker who they could feed off and CB was that man, fortunately for us they didn't think he was worth it. Also said Negredo would prove to be a better purchase than RS, think that's being proved right too.

I am sorry but this cannot be the player that was at valencia

Valencia played a quick counter attacking game, like Spurs last season and this season they have changed it up to a more slow build up play. Soldado is suited to a quick counter attacking system.

The Valencia side he was in played a 4-2-3-1.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â