VillaGoMarching

Remember when I said I hope the Benteke saga doesn't get nasty, that we or any other prospective buyer don't play games...? Well if you want to see game playing see the Bale saga :) Players, owners, management, agents all briefing friends in the media against Spurs in the cause of engineering a hostile move, a compliant, influential local rag such as doesn't exist in this country outside of Liverpool, and absolutely no offer. Not an official one. Not an unofficial one. Nothing...

Does Bale want to leave? if so, why doesn't he hand in a transfer request?

Remember when I said I hope the Benteke saga doesn't get nasty, that we or any other prospective buyer don't play games...? Well if you want to see game playing see the Bale saga :) Players, owners, management, agents all briefing friends in the media against Spurs in the cause of engineering a hostile move, a compliant, influential local rag such as doesn't exist in this country outside of Liverpool, and absolutely no offer. Not an official one. Not an unofficial one. Nothing...

Does Bale want to leave? if so, why doesn't he hand in a transfer request?

£££££££

I can imagine it's pretty frustrating.

Lucky nothing similar to that has happened to Villa this summer...

Hehe, when the shoe is on the other foot, Spurs trolls are nowhere near VT!

Bale is obviously a very good player but I do think he is over rated and seriously over hyped.

Definitely.

Look at the stats off Ronaldo & Bale.

Ronaldo's last 3 seasons before move to Real at age of 24:

2008/9 - 26 goals all comps. 18 League, 3 Cups, 4 CL, 1 Other.

2007/8 - 42 goals all comps. 31 League, 3 Cups, 8 CL.

2006/7 - 23 goals all comps. 17 League, 3 Cups, 3 CL.

Bale's last 3 seasons.

2012/3 - 26 goals all comps. 21 League, 2 Cups, 3 EL.

2011/2 - 12 goals all comps. 9 League, 2 Cups, 1 EL. 

2010/1 - 11 goals all comps. 7 League, 4 CL.

Yet Bale is worth more?

• Like 1

I know I said I don't like talking about Spurs but I think I need to make a valid point. I agree Bale is not as good as Messi and Ronaldo and not worth as much. But Bale plays in a more deeper role. Messi and Ronaldo play in more attacking positions. Also Messi and Ronaldo have much much better players around them. Without Bale this current Spurs side are an average upper mid table team. He is the reason they are 5th. So those goal statistics should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Voinjama

I'd also argue that Ronaldo was playing in a better Premier League than Bale currently is, allbeit in a much better team. Bale deserves credit for what he's done but at the end of the day it was futile as Spurs did not get Champions League football this year. I hope Spurs don't sell and he has an average year, 15 goals all comps.

While there is no doubting he took a big leap forward this year, there is no way he's on the same planet as Ronaldo was when he left for Real, yet alone worth more than him.

Ronaldo while it has to be said was at United had won 3 PL, 1 FA, 1 LC, 1 CS, 1 CL, 1 CWC. Bale currently has nothing to his name in terms of silverware. Perhaps it's unfair to judge given the difference of teams they have played in but worth noting all the same.

In terms of personal awards:

Ronaldo had been named on the team of the tournament for Euro 2004, Champions League Golden Boot x1, Premier League Golden Boot x1, PFA POTY x2, PFA YPOTY x1, Ballon D'Or x1, Ballon D'Or Runner Up x2, Fifa World Player of the Year x1, PFA Premier League Team of The Year x4, UEFA Team of The Year x4.

Bale has Football League Championship Team of the Year x1, FL YPOTY x1, PFA POTY x2, PFA YPOTY x1, Premier League Team of The Year x3, UEFA Team of the Year x1.

Bales worth about £45-55m in my eyes.

I agree Bale is not as good as Messi and Ronaldo and not worth as much. But Bale plays in a more deeper role. Messi and Ronaldo play in more attacking positions. Also Messi and Ronaldo have much much better players around them. Without Bale this current Spurs side are an average upper mid table team. He is the reason they are 5th.

That Spurs team still has a lot of talent in it, Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Dembele are all very good players that you'd pay £20m to sign. While Bale has them knocking on the door they'd still probably be no worse than 7th without him.

Unfair to judge what he has won in terms of team trophies.  Teams win them,  not players.

What about the fact Ronaldo had won 1 Ballon D'Or and was second twice before he moved to Real for £80m, Bale isn't anywhere near that standard. He's not playing to the level Kaka was in 2007, who won it, Ronaldo in 2008, or Messi since then. Bale is probably in the top 10 players in the world, but he isn't knocking on the door of a Ballon D'Or award yet. I'd argue up until last season he was very inconsistant. The first PFA POTY award he won seemed to have more to do with his 2 performances against Inter in the Champions League than anything he did in The Premier League ( 7 goals, 3 assists), and the year after he managed 10 league goals. Let me put it in persepective for you, despite playing 1297 mins less than Gareth Bale in those 2 seasons, and being played out wide, out of position, in two shite teams Agbonlahor managed 9 goals less. Now that's over 14 games less and one season Gabby was playing in a McLeish managed side not allowed to cross the half way line. Both years he was in a side battling relegation while Bale was in a Spurs team who were challenging for top 4 finishing 5th 62 points & 4th 69 points.

I know I said I don't like talking about Spurs but I think I need to make a valid point. I agree Bale is not as good as Messi and Ronaldo and not worth as much. But Bale plays in a more deeper role. Messi and Ronaldo play in more attacking positions. Also Messi and Ronaldo have much much better players around them. Without Bale this current Spurs side are an average upper mid table team. He is the reason they are 5th. So those goal statistics should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think we're a bit more than that...! :)

Lloris (one of the top keepers in the world. Captain of France.)

Walker (decent young RB would grace any team outside the top five)

Vertonghen (Dutch and Ajax player of the year, Captain of Ajax, great first season for us)

Kaboul (Our best CB. Injured for a long time though)

Rose (Sunderland's outfield player of the season, promosing LB)

Paulinho (Brazil international box to box CM, club record signing when we got him)

Sandro (My favourite Spurs players, Brazil international DM, one of the best tacklers and interceptors in English football)

Dembele (Belgian international CM. great dribbler, but can tackle also, needs to shoot more)

Bale

Soldado (Spanish international striker, just turned 28 so in his prime, Valencia Captain, last three season has scored 25, 27, and 30 goals)

Chadli (Belgian international wing forward. Lots of potential.)

Subs: Townsend, Parker, Defoe, Adebayor, Naughton, Dawson, BAE, Holtby, Siggurdsson, Huddlestone, Lennon, Livermore, Carroll

dont disagree that he is not of the standard of the players you mentioned,  just saying using team trophies as justification for that is a little unfair

Ah fair enough Rich, I did also show how he was behind in personal awards as well, yet is some how valued more than Ronaldo was. It's nuts, and what's more insane is that Spurs havent accepted.

I don't disagree with much you've put there TartarguaJones.... but I would genuinely prefer Matt Lowton to Walker. 

Walker's got an amazing engine and a great heart, but he lacks a bit of intelligence, nouse, and attacking quality. The thing is though, he's only just turned 23, and now under a decent coach so there's time to develop those aspects of his game. Haven't seen or heard enough about Lowton to form an opinion on him. As I understand it Guzman was your best player, Vlaar also had a decent season, and Benteke was a beast. Weimann was also good. So that's almost half the team having very good seasons. Considering the team did very poorly last year over all, there must be at least some players who did shit?

Edited by TartarugaJones

I think we're a bit more than that...! :)

Lloris (one of the top keepers in the world. Captain of France.)

Walker (decent young RB would grace any team outside the top five)

Vertonghen (Dutch and Ajax player of the year, Captain of Ajax, great first season for us)

Kaboul (Our best CB. Injured for a long time though)

Rose (Sunderland's outfield player of the season, promosing LB)

Paulinho (Brazil international box to box CM, club record signing when we got him)

Sandro (My favourite Spurs players, Brazil international DM, one of the best tacklers and interceptors in English football)

Dembele (Belgian international CM. great dribbler, but can tackle also, needs to shoot more)

Bale

Soldado (Spanish international striker, just turned 28 so in his prime, Valencia Captain, last three season has scored 25, 27, and 30 goals)

Chadli (Belgian international wing forward. Lots of potential.)

Subs: Townsend, Parker, Defoe, Adebayor, Naughton, Dawson, BAE, Holtby, Siggurdsson, Huddlestone, Lennon, Livermore, Carroll

It immediately strikes me just how defensive your team is, compared to the free flowing team of a few years back.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â