Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

This place gets better and better

Every **** day they get us in a huddle/mini meeting/waste of 15 **** minutes to waffle absolute nonsense about the day ahead.

at the end of every one of them they ask each person how they are feeling on a scale of 1 to 5.

I refuse to participate in this and every day I answer 'not applicable' and now they just skip over and dont ask me.

I know it sounds like a really pissy little thing but I find it quite condescending to think that my 'superiors' demand to know how I am feeling everyday.

Yesterday the big boss of the company sat in on our little 'huddle' and when the question came around again I answered 'not applicable' only this time they pushed as to why I wouldn't give them an answer so I said 'I dont feel as though I need to justify how I am feeling to anyone in this building as long as I come in and my work gets done, also if I come in and say 'I am feeling like a 5 today boss I'm on top of the world' everyday then I and everyone else would know that I am lying and if I came in and said 'I'm pissed off at the fact that I am here so put me down as a 1' everyday then I would be classed as being negative therefore I would prefer to just sit here and not give an answer'

at this the big boss of the company actually started laughing out loud, today my team leader has tried to give me a bollocking for making her look like an indiot in front of him, I kind of just laughed at her and she stormed off

I know I dont make life easy for myself but knowing that I am a pain in the arse for them makes it all worth while

• Like 3

The more I hear about your workplace Leemond, the more I understand why you are so pissed off all the time. "How you are feeling on a scale of 1 to 5"? Really?

I'd tell 'em where to shove it.

Gotta say I'm on your page there Leemond. I'd maybe just change it to a roll of the eyes followed by the least convincing "5" evarrr. Maybe with an exasperated and exaggerated exhale too for good measure.

nope I refuse to do that because they would quite happily accept that and put it on the board (yup your answers actually go on a board so they can check how you are feeling compared to yesterday)

some people seem to thrive on it though and give detailed explanations as to why they have given that number

You're not a great liar, are you, Leemond? I think most people in your position would just play along with the crap, it's not worth pissing off the person who signs your paycheck every month!

Say 'six'

Although, from what you've described they'd probably want a lengthy description of why you've chosen a number off the chart. I completely agree with you.

I guess they do these things to tick a human resources box or something.

If I'm not mistaken, leemond once told the person who signs his pay cheques to "go **** yourself" when he offered to pay leemond out of his own pocket when his wages didn't go through properly.

So I think it's safe to say he's not that bothered about pissing him off!

nope I refuse to do that because they would quite happily accept that and put it on the board (yup your answers actually go on a board so they can check how you are feeling compared to yesterday)

some people seem to thrive on it though and give detailed explanations as to why they have given that number

I think you should put a few 5s then a few 1s then back to 5s again. You could build up a persona as a manic depressive with wild mood swings.

Could be a laugh?

Nah I have been here for 10 years so when I had my interview I was young, enthusiastic and in love with life

10 years on I purposely dont wear my glasses unless I am at home because the world is an ugly place and looks better through blurred eyes

you can see how my attitude may have changed in that time

slow walkers

Conversely; when you're walking around Tescos at a moderate pace and get a constant flow of trolley-wielding women ushering you along as they make a B-line for the shitfood aisle. 

The fact that I just slept through my alarm when I had a Shorthand exam at 11:30am. **** internal clock fails me on one of the only times I really don't need it to.

Needless to say, I'm rather pissed off with myself. The good news is there's another few opportunities in the next two months before my course finishes, but I'm extremely annoyed because I know I would have passed it.

So now I have to spend the rest of the day infuriated with my own idiocy for staying up so late.

Edited by Ginko

The press. I used to want to be a journo. I was young journo of the year in Staffordshire when I was a kid. Now to see how shit the profession that I used to adore for what it really is, is heartbreaking :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â