Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It is, all to easy to play the victim.

I'm no fan of Mr Woods (as an individual) but I don't really think he was 'playing the victim' - it's part of an ongoing spat between the two.

They've both been uncomplimentary at best about each other and it's clear that they have no time for one another.

Whilst you may not have heard about the kerfuffle that Zoeller's remark caused, I would be astonished if Garcia plucked the chicken remark (pardon the pun) out of thin air.

I have no idea whether Garcia is a racist but I doubt very much if his remark was made without, at the least, a small intention to hurt/piss off Woods.

Meh... it's all to easy to play 'that' card. Personally, I'd never heard of the fried chicken thing.

in view of the fact that another golfer had already used the same slur / insult

What other reasoning, besides race, would Garcia have to associate Tiger Woods to fried chicken ?

I don't really follow golf unless it's Ryder Cup time, and had not heard of the other golfer's previous reference until yesterday.

In terms of Garcia's reasoning, who knows? I certainly don't. Reeling off my list of barbecue wares had I been hosting him, I would probably have fallen into the same trap.

But now, I am educated and so my dalliances with fried chicken are no more. Still frustrated as it shouldn't annoy me, but it does. It is, all to easy to play the victim. And he, an alleged role model too.

Woods began to dominate the traditionally white sport of golf and the fried chicken 'jokes' started. 

I'm no fan of Mr Woods (as an individual) but I don't really think he was 'playing the victim' - it's part of an ongoing spat between the two.

They've both been uncomplimentary at best about each other and it's clear that they have no time for one another.

Whilst you may not have heard about the kerfuffle that Zoeller's remark caused, I would be astonished if Garcia plucked the chicken remark (pardon the pun) out of thin air.

I have no idea whether Garcia is a racist but I doubt very much if his remark was made without, at the least, a small intention to hurt/piss off Woods.

He couldn't possible be racist. I can't think of 1 or even 2 instances where Spanish sport found it acceptable to make fun of colour. It's not like it's just bubbling under the surface over there or anything.

I just don't think 'racism' (as we define it) is thought of as that big a deal in Hispanic countries. Look at the Suarez/Evra stuff.

Yeah. Bloody greasy dagoes have no respect.

• Like 2

I just don't think 'racism' (as we define it) is thought of as that big a deal in Hispanic countries. Look at the Suarez/Evra stuff.

Quite possibly. Which makes them look relatively very racist in the countries that do.

Oh another thing that pisses me off. Since I've been to the US, I've noticed the UK is turning into it slowly. In 5 years time, the UK will be the US as it is now. Bookmark this.

Oh another thing that pisses me off. Since I've been to the US, I've noticed the UK is turning into it slowly. In 5 years time, the UK will be the US as it is now. Bookmark this.

obesity levels actually dropped in the US last year ... maybe the US are turning into Canadian's as we turn into Americans ?

obesity levels actually dropped in the US last year ... maybe the US are turning into Canadian's as we turn into Americans ?

On a related note, I think Australia is now the fattest country on earth. So maybe we should be talking about turning in fat Aussies instead.

(sorry, VT Aussies ;) )

So you're saying the UK is doing away with some of its CCTV cameras ;):P  But yeah I get the point.  It's a global thing but you 2 are leading the Western way.

On a related note, I think Australia is now the fattest country on earth. So maybe we should be talking about turning in fat Aussies instead.

(sorry, VT Aussies ;) )

hey they are all convicts you don't need to worry about upsetting them

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â