Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yeah, I deleted it a while back, but only because I'm simply not interested in other people's day-to-day existence.

Hmmm.

I'm not interested in other people's day-to-day existence either. Strangegly though, if you use facebook in the manner that suits you, you don't have to see such inane posts/updates.

Like interesting things. Like interesting pages. Get useful and interesting updates on your facebook page all the time, and no drivel.

It really can work in a most useful way, if you block the drivel.

• Like 1

^^^ that

I still get inane posts, but they're either from people who get immediately blocked, or family members who I can put up with.

But, as mentioned on this thread before, it's amazing how many people don't realise how customisable facebook is.

Talking about Facebook, these people that keep sharing this 'illegal immigrants get £29k per year, while pensioner starve' bullshit. Illegal immigrants get **** all - they're illegal. The clue is in the name.

Maybe that should piss me off, so in the spirit of the thread:

People that open crisps upside down. Why why why?!

The group of fat women in my office discussing which foods are the most calorific and hence why they avoid them.

You obviously don't avoid them enough ye fat tarts!

The group of fat women in my office discussing which foods are the most calorific and hence why they avoid them.

You obviously don't avoid them enough ye fat tarts!

Nothing good ever comes from a group of fat women does it?

Possibly the most annoying assemblage of people imaginable.

My office is comprised 80% fat women, and you've never come across a more resentful bunch of people in your life. They actually despise everyone who dares to come into work with a smile on their face.

Men this, men that, blah blah blah.

(Disclaimer: Ofcourse not all fat women are horrible, they just seem to gain some kind of horrible synergy when they're put together)

Edited by Shillzz

Oh, on a more serious, but slightly related, note.

The new Coke advert pisses me off, and SHOULD piss me off, but it's going in here anyway.

It declares that a can of coke is 140 calories, and then shows some ways you can burn those calories off. And it's bullshit. One of the things it suggests burns ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY calories, is a "victory dance" when you go bowling. it shows a guy doing a 3 second jig as he gets a strike.

Then puts a nice little "calories burnt may vary" at the bottom of the screen.

**** off you bastards. Idiots will lap that shit up.

It's definitely on interesting take on the consumption of sugars and calories.

The idea that consuming unhealthy food somehow acts as a currency which can be exchanged for exercise is either genius or completely stupid.

Either way, it's pretty misleading.

Yeah, I deleted it a while back, but only because I'm simply not interested in other people's day-to-day existence.

Hmmm.

I'm not interested in other people's day-to-day existence either. Strangegly though, if you use facebook in the manner that suits you, you don't have to see such inane posts/updates.

Like interesting things. Like interesting pages. Get useful and interesting updates on your facebook page all the time, and no drivel.

very much this 

true I do still get the occasional "like" if a Polish immigrant stole your child's lunch money and used it to feed one of his 4 children  type drivel but by and large Facebook is handy for keeping up interesting people I've meet over the years ,,,,,

I've had many a great night out with my ex- school friends as a result of facebook  .. so I think MZ for that if nothing else

• Like 1

My sister, and I have seen other people do it, will buy a ticket at a car park, stick the ticket to their window but will then just leave it there... for months on end some times! Why?!

Hmmm.

Understandable, but I think Twitter does that better. Follow things that interest you, get plenty of interesting links and none of the trappings of facebook whatsoever.

Of course plenty of people use Twitter socially but I can't be arsed with that either.

The only downside is bloody hashtags #annoying

I use both. I find Twitter much less social (sounds silly when we're talking about social networks) and much more about "interests", if that makes sense.

Like if I want to know what a family member's been upto lately, I'll look at their facebook and their photo albums etc

If I want to know what's going on in the world news wise, I'll look at Twitter.

Twitter's like going down the pub.
Facebook is like going to someone's house for tea.

This morning I had a phone conversation that went something like this

Moron: Hi Ben. Remember that file you sent me?

Me: Yep.

Moron: well, when you sent it over, everything was fine and it all balanced.

Me: Yep

Moron: But now that I've put my own figures and exchange rates into it, it doesn't balance.

[Long pause]
{Longer Pause as I realise that really is all he has to say]

Me: erm..... What the **** are you telling me this for?!

OK, I've simplified the conversation, and my response was much politer, but that's what I was thinking. He was basically saying, "i've taken your file, **** around with it, and now it doesn't make sense."

Idiot.

Facebook is like going to someone's house for tea

...along with every Dick, Harry and Sue you've met over the years.

I refer you to the earlier posts about customisation.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â