Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Facebook just gets worse and worse, it has to bottom out at some point.

Is it a problem with Facebook though, or a problem with human nature, the fact that all of us aren't as rational as we sometimes like to believe?

You don't see that kind of stuff on Google+...

Is it a problem with Facebook though, or a problem with human nature, the fact that all of us aren't as rational as we sometimes like to believe?

Neither do you see it on VT - not to the same extent anyway.

Neither do you see it on VT - not to the same extent anyway.

I've often thought about this before.

Why is it that a group of random football fans can come together on an internet forum; maintain a reasonably high and balanced level of debate about some important (some not so important) issues while the plebs on Facebook resort to mass hysteria and general idiocy. 

I'm not saying that VillaTalk is the intellectual font of the internet, but it does compare very favourably to Facebook.

Why is it that a group of random football fans can come together on an internet forum; maintain a reasonably high and balanced level of debate about some important (some not so important) issues while the plebs on Facebook resort to mass hysteria and general idiocy.

We're not a group of random football fans.

We're a group of [perhaps random] Villa fans.

(I've browsed various other football forums, and none of them maintain a level of debate close to what VT gets, at least in Off-Topic).

Yes, the level of debate is remarkably high for an internet forum, never mind a football forum.

It must be said, however, that in lieu of red cards I believe offenders get shipped off silently in the night to a factory in Romania and turned into lasagne.

This undoubtedly accounts for some notable disappearances and the sinewy texture of a recent dinner.

• Like 4

Yeah, there is that.

If VillaTalk proves one thing, it's that snobbery and grammar nazi-ism isn't always a bad thing.

Shouldn't Nazi-ism be spelt with a capital N?

Isn't it a case of erroneous hyphenation, too? :)

You're right! Shillzz, you should be ashamed of yourself!

How depressing it is that the first page on BBC's yearly budget calculator is devoted to fags and booze.

True, but on the other hand, as I don't smoke of drink, the 0s put into the boxes by default meant the page was already filled out for me.

ive said this before, just a few weeks ago, but ive just deleted someone i know from school on facebook for posting picture after picture of them growing up, with hashtags, i could accept one hashtag, but these are 2 of 12 posts that ive just c+p off facebook

"look at my nanna dunnes hair! #funny #hasntchanged #oldphoto #loveher"

"me and my brother with my dad #memories #lovethis #family #hometown

**** OFF! JUST **** OFF! **** **** **** **** **** **** **** OFF With this inane bullshit.

• Like 1

Yeah, there is that.

If VillaTalk proves one thing, it's that snobbery and grammar nazi-ism isn't always a bad thing.

Shouldn't Nazi-ism be spelt with a capital N?
Isn't it a case of erroneous hyphenation, too? :)
You're right! Shillzz, you should be ashamed of yourself!
Was clearly done intentionally as an ironic joke ! ;) Edited by Shillzz

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â