Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Sure. But it doesn't explain why my neighbour has  'DANGER, MENTAL ASYLUM' signs and clowns covered in blood over his front garden. 

Mental asylum is no longer considered inclusive language, call 999 and report a hate crime

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Sure. But it doesn't explain why my neighbour has a 'DANGER, MENTAL ASYLUM' and clowns covered in blood over his front garden. 

I strongly suspect that had your neighbour had access to such things, and disposable income back in the 1400’s or 1800’s they would have done the same.

As it is, they’d have had one spare turnip and some animal bones, and they just made good use of that.

See below museum exhibit, Ireland:

spacer.png

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I strongly suspect that had your neighbour had access to such things, and disposable income back in the 1400’s or 1800’s they would have done the same.

As it is, they’d have had one spare turnip and some animal bones, and they just made good use of that.

See below museum exhibit, Ireland:

spacer.png

I get that, no arguments there. Heck, some cultures dig out their loved ones and wash bodies during the festivities.

But there is a greater overarching story there; not just sweets and shits and giggles. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m sat in the office and suddenly become aware it’s hot, hot to a point I’ve actually got a slight bead of sweat forming on the forehead eyebrow region.

A quick bit of investigation reveals ‘the girls’ have turned the heating up to 27c ‘in case it gets cold later’.

**** me the **** silly season has **** started where people think **** 27c is a normal **** temperature how the merry **** do these people survive when they go outside and it’s a death inducing 16?

**** sake

I was on a plane the other week, as I board I feel insanely hot air blowing out of the vents overhead. I immediately ask what's going on and can you make it stop, it's already too hot. Carries on for a good 20 minutes. They say it will cool down later, I'm continuously fanning myself for the entire flight while they announce "if we can do anything to make your journey more comfortable, please let us know." Yes, I already asked, turn the **** heat down!

Turns out it's been set to 24C, and someone said it's too cold so they can't turn it down below 21.5C which is the standard. It does get a bit cooler but then later I see it's set to 22.5C. Absolutely ridiculous. If someone is cold, they have blankets. Have my **** blanket! What I am supposed to do burning alive, strip down to pants and keep asking for ice?

• Like 2

How are people cold at these temperatures? I’m guessing they have some medical condition that makes them cold and allergic to jumpers and completely self centred and lacking self awareness.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

How are people cold at these temperatures? I’m guessing they have some medical condition that makes them cold and allergic to jumpers and completely self centred and lacking self awareness.

You want cold, I’ll introduce to the missus, she could be cold at sea level on the equator

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Well, yes, but I don't particularly like the unnecessary over the top gore of the current Halloween celebration. That's my only issue with it. I don't think kids running around plastic gravestones with plastic knives is particularly fun. I appreciate it's based on a certain tradition, but currently it's a caricature of it.

A little less tackiness, a little more tradition please. Have fun, celebrate, but kids walking around with decapitated heads is not my sort of a party.

(Again, I am an old man in a relatively young-ish body.) 

I think (grand-dad hat on again!) we could explain why these traditions are here. You know, start of new year, winter solstice, day of remembrance of the dead, end of harvest, etc. Not just 'Let's hang a plastic dead body out of the window and get some sweets kids!' 

Yes, I am detached. But that's my take. 

Anyone for Apple Bobbing? 

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Standing at the tree line, just off poorly lit b roads, dressed as a clown, that’s relatively new.

Nah, I've been doing it for years. And hiding in the storm drains. 

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Mental asylum is no longer considered inclusive language, call 999 and report a hate crime

What nutcase decided that? 

45 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I was going to go with a brick under each hoof, but these are perfectly adequate alternatives 

You could try sawn in half coconuts, then the horse would make a pleasing clippity  clop noise when it walked 👍

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

In my experience they are generally just female (but not menopausal who will be on your side in such circumstances). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was starting to think I was the crazy one for being too hot 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I was on a plane the other week, as I board I feel insanely hot air blowing out of the vents overhead. I immediately ask what's going on and can you make it stop, it's already too hot. Carries on for a good 20 minutes. They say it will cool down later, I'm continuously fanning myself for the entire flight while they announce "if we can do anything to make your journey more comfortable, please let us know." Yes, I already asked, turn the **** heat down!

Turns out it's been set to 24C, and someone said it's too cold so they can't turn it down below 21.5C which is the standard. It does get a bit cooler but then later I see it's set to 22.5C. Absolutely ridiculous. If someone is cold, they have blankets. Have my **** blanket! What I am supposed to do burning alive, strip down to pants and keep asking for ice?

Had a flight back from Tashkent last month and plane didn't have adjustable air vents above your seats, just generally warm air for 6 and a half hours. Really  hot and stuffy and the recycled air is always horrible takes me a day to feel normal again. Yes I know this is blatant first world problems.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â