Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Popularised for a spell by Dave Gorman. I wasted hours of my life to that tedious bollocks :D 

Same. I read the book and started hunting them. I actually found a few, but unlike Gorman, I didn't contact the owners. 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just for you.

One prisoner let out today under the government's early release scheme celebrated by saying "big up Keir Starmer".

But Number 10 did not see the funny side of the situation - with the prime minister's spokesperson saying Sir Keir "shares the public's anger" over the matter.

https://news.sky.com/story/prisoner-released-early-thanks-prime-minister-but-no-10-doesnt-see-funny-side-13238779

that wasn't the claim you made that a source was asked for though

I didn’t get it the first time and I don’t get it this time, what a relative arrives in to pick up a former prisoner, whats the problem? I don’t even get what the underlying message is. Jeffrey Archer was picked up in a BMW it didn’t matter a jot if he was likely to reoffend. I am just lost on the point being made. 

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I didn’t get it the first time and I don’t get it this time, what a relative arrives in to pick up a former prisoner, whats the problem? I don’t even get what the underlying message is. Jeffrey Archer was picked up in a BMW it didn’t matter a jot if he was likely to reoffend. I am just lost on the point being made. 

You all live a sheltered life. We'll leave it there.

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Another 1100 criminals released from prison today. Some yet again picked up in Lambos, G wagons Bentleys. Makes you think why they they ever turn to crime if there family, friends can afford £250k cars  🙄

15 hours ago, limpid said:

Source please.

Many

A Bentley, Lamborghini and Rolls-Royce were among the rides on show as inmates were let out as part of Labour’s scheme to reduce overcrowding…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just for you.

One prisoner let out today under the government's early release scheme celebrated by saying "big up Keir Starmer".

But Number 10 did not see the funny side of the situation - with the prime minister's spokesperson saying Sir Keir "shares the public's anger" over the matter.

https://news.sky.com/story/prisoner-released-early-thanks-prime-minister-but-no-10-doesnt-see-funny-side-13238779

So one person. In one car.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No that is a report on one guy thanking Starmer. You need to read on.

There's 2 cars in the picture if you want to be pedantic. 

This is VT and you're asking if people want to be pedantic? 😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No that is a report on one guy thanking Starmer. You need to read on.

There's 2 cars in the picture if you want to be pedantic. 

The text says that one person was picked up in one car. It doesn't claim that the picture is of that car rather than just an example of the car.

From Blandy's post, it appears there were others, but I don't see how you got there from your two posts. Which call in wireless show did you take as facts?

Funny how the right wing press didn't all turn up outside  the prisons to garner some rabble rousing content when it happened under the previous government.

Sunak government freed more than 10,000 prisoners up to 70 days early | Prisons and probation | The Guardian

Rishi Sunak’s government released more than 10,000 prisoners up to 70 days early, figures reveal, as the new justice secretary prepares to announce further emergency measures to ease another overcrowding crisis in jails.

There was some discussion on the BBC yesterday on whether they would use the pictures. They were uncomfortable that it was clearly staged for the waiting photographers. That the flash cars were outside the same prisons that the media chose to visit was indeed, quite a stroke of luck.

Having said that, it isn’t uncommon. There are often combinations of stretch limo’s, rival gangs, and the police waiting outside the gates for people. People just like falling for sensational journalism and pictures. Actual critical thinking, or reading beyond the bold print appears to be really really hard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's like the interweb was never invented

For a while “the information superhighway” was all the rage, maybe early 2000s, but the interweb was actually discovered by Tim Barnard Castle some time earlier.  I don’t know what happened to it. Maybe someone’s turned it off?

• Haha 2

Old man yelling at clouds territory, but I can't stand Halloween. 

I think there is nothing fun about fake blood, tombstones, headless skeletons hanging in front of houses. 

I come from a tradition of 1st november, a day of quiet contemplation, visiting the cemeteries with family and lighting candles for ones who passed away. Somehow I do not finding a coffin with a dead hand in front of the neighbours house 'fun'. 

My wife is much more reasonable and takes the little one dressed as woody or a wizard to pick up some sweets, but I just go to the gym or sit at home watching netflix on that day.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Seat68 said:

All released prisoners should be collected in reliant robins.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â