Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

39 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Then, after posting about it, finding out that the duplicate second page was some sort of weird bug and it has now completely vanished.

Happened loads to me too. Think it still does occasionally. Also the read-up-to position in a thread that gets moved forum is always reset to the start for me.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Been taking my son to a kids’ hairdressers to get his hair cut. Good place to be fair, he still screams the place down when he gets his hair cut so they cater for that sort of shit. So you don’t feel bad, it’s par for the course. 

Anyway they’re quite hard to get an appointment at. So few weeks ago I got one at 3:30. Finished work early, picked him up early from nursery, got down there nice and early at 3:15 and they were closed. Nothing on their website or social media (which they update constantly). No note on the door. Nothing. Hung around for 20 minutes to make sure they hadn’t just popped out, rang their number a few times. Nothing. 

I messaged them on Instagram and Facebook, not complaining but obviously asking what happened and why they didn’t tell us. 

Got no response for a week and then they finally replied and said “sorry about that. Would you like to rebook?”

no I **** wouldn’t. 

Same with more independent play centres.

"Not enough people booked a session so we decided not to bother opening."

....that's why Scallywags are killing it bro and you're not.

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Tax? 

Yep it’s a phenomena known as drinkflation

Loads of them are cutting the ABV now that alcohol tax is based on well ABV.

I guess that’s the supposed desired effect

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pffft, broken Britain

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

To be fair if it results in less Grolsch being drunk it seems like a sensible policy to me. 

Used to be my go-to lager, but haven't had any for years. Now I just drink Warsteiner. Both seem to be reviled by the VT lager massive. But lager's not really my drink. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I was at The Colmore at the weekend and they had two superb Thornbridge ales on (the dark mild is particularly nice) and both were in the 3-4% range. And I was very grateful for that too!!! As I get older rolling off a percent or two from a beer is no bad thing 🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I was at The Colmore at the weekend and they had two superb Thornbridge ales on (the dark mild is particularly nice) and both were in the 3-4% range. And I was very grateful for that too!!! As I get older rolling off a percent or two from a beer is no bad thing 🙂

Hell yeah. Gimme more of the 3.6% magic please.

On 18/10/2024 at 13:22, Davkaus said:

Remember the days when Google returned what you wanted and seemed like it could read your mind?

It's been absolute dogshit for years.

That reminds me. I remember the days when you could put 2 unrelated words into google and get 0 results back, because they didn't exist together on the same page anywhere on the internet. In fact it was regarded as a game to find those combinations, and as you found them you added them to an online list, thereby removing them from the pool.

EDIT : It was called a Googlewhack, and I mis-remembered. The goal was to find exactly 1 result, not 0 (but you also often found zero as well). But by finding it and adding it, you still removed it from the answer pool (because then the search result became 2).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

That reminds me. I remember the days when you could put 2 unrelated words into google and get 0 results back, because they didn't exist together on the same page anywhere on the internet. In fact it was regarded as a game to find those combinations, and as you found them you added them to an online list, thereby removing them from the pool.

EDIT : It was called a Googlewhack, and I mis-remembered. The goal was to find exactly 1 result, not 0. But by finding it and adding it, you still removed it from the answer pool (because then the search result became 2).

Popularised for a spell by Dave Gorman. I wasted hours of my life to that tedious bollocks :D 

Must be all but impossible with the reams of AI generated garbage filling the internet these days.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Another 1100 criminals released from prison today. Some yet again picked up in Lambos, G wagons Bentleys. Makes you think why they they ever turn to crime if there family, friends can afford £250k cars  🙄

Source please.

56 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just heard on the wireless. But happend last time too.

Cannot compress the Sky news link

So unnamed "wireless" and something incomprehensible about compressing Sky News.

Is this how you get all your information?

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Went to the local Majestik to get my Paleys and noticed there was a note on the door saying something about it. Sort of “The last government…blah blah…tax by ABV…[at that point I lost interest and went in and bought m’Coopers].
They’re ruining everything.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, limpid said:

So unnamed "wireless" and something incomprehensible about compressing Sky News.

Is this how you get all your information?

Just for you.

One prisoner let out today under the government's early release scheme celebrated by saying "big up Keir Starmer".

But Number 10 did not see the funny side of the situation - with the prime minister's spokesperson saying Sir Keir "shares the public's anger" over the matter.

https://news.sky.com/story/prisoner-released-early-thanks-prime-minister-but-no-10-doesnt-see-funny-side-13238779

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â