Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

57 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Remember the days when Google returned what you wanted and seemed like it could read your mind?

It's been absolute dogshit for years.

You used to type in Aston Villa FC and the first hit would be the Villa website. 

Now you've got to scroll past all sorts of shite, try to ignore some jumbled shite and eventually get to the website or wiki entry you just used to see immediately. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You used to type in Aston Villa FC and the first hit would be the Villa website. 

Now you've got to scroll past all sorts of shite, try to ignore some jumbled shite and eventually get to the website or wiki entry you just used to see immediately. 

Heck not paying the google optimisation bill!

There's a great little independent bakery about 10 minutes from me that I used to go to quite often, then a couple of times they just **** off home and locked up an hour early. Haven't bothered going back.

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's a great little independent bakery about 10 minutes from me that I used to go to quite often, then a couple of times they just **** off home and locked up an hour early. Haven't bothered going back.

The one by us quite regularly does this but they advertise as closing at 4?or sooner if everything’s gone (and it regularly does on a Saturday)

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I find the whole psychology of parking fascinating. It’s a similar game to choosing a urinal, if there are 6 traps, and I’ve gone for trap 5, etiquette presumes the next person in takes their choice from 1,2, or 3. But not everyone appears to be aware of this rule.

If you have taken trap 5 the next person should always take trap 1, the third person should take trap 3

If someone takes trap 2 they are utterly selfish

If someone takes 4 or 6, they are clearly wrong 'uns

Trap 3 is almost acceptable as a second choice but still leaves lingering doubts

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My next door neighbour has a car in the garage known locally as ‘the bollard’. They are so hung up about being able to park directly outside their house that they have a second car in the garage that is used to park in the space outside the front of the house when they go out. It’s very special behaviour. Literally they sit in their white car until the black car comes around the block, move out of parking space, park black one, jump in white one and out for the day. On return, one of them jumps out of white car jumps in black car and moves that around to the garage for white car to resume position outside their house.

Is that second car actually road taxed?

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is that second car actually road taxed?

Yep, road legal, and genuinely never ever gets used to go further than around the block garage to door to garage. I suspect it can only turn left.

Now, you may ask, if they have a garage, why are they street parking? If they garage parked they’d have no need of the black car and would thus have space in the garage. I’ve lived here 25 years, this arrangement pre dates my newbie arrival on the scene, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Yep, road legal, and genuinely never ever gets used to go further than around the block garage to door to garage. I suspect it can only turn left.

Now, you may ask, if they have a garage, why are they street parking? If they garage parked they’d have no need of the black car and would thus have space in the garage. I’ve lived here 25 years, this arrangement pre dates my newbie arrival on the scene, I have no idea.

How old is the bollard car?

To buy a car, tax it and insure it, get it MOTed etc to just be able to park your main car outside the house is special enough but then to point out that the one car they do use could actually be garaged over night if they didn't have the bollard car really is a tin of glace cherries

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you have taken trap 5 the next person should always take trap 1, the third person should take trap 3

If someone takes trap 2 they are utterly selfish

If someone takes 4 or 6, they are clearly wrong 'uns

Trap 3 is almost acceptable as a second choice but still leaves lingering doubts

What's Giovanni Trapattoni got to do with parking?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

How old is the bollard car?

To buy a car, tax it and insure it, get it MOTed etc to just be able to park your main car outside the house is special enough but then to point out that the one car they do use could actually be garaged over night if they didn't have the bollard car really is a tin of glace cherries

It’s about a 64 plate from memory, it’s not a golf but it’s a hard top convertible VW of about that size, so google is telling me it’s an Eos.

I don’t think money is an issue for them. About a decade ago they built a summerhouse down the end of the garden larger than most people’s houses, wood burner, jacuzzi, roof lights, feature lighting inside and out, full on Essex experience. Around about 2021 I saw one of them in it, but I didn’t get a photo so none of the other neighbours believe me.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s about a 64 plate from memory, it’s not a golf but it’s a hard top convertible VW of about that size, so google is telling me it’s an Eos.

I don’t think money is an issue for them. About a decade ago they built a summerhouse down the end of the garden larger than most people’s houses, wood burner, jacuzzi, roof lights, feature lighting inside and out, full on Essex experience. Around about 2021 I saw one of them in it, but I didn’t get a photo so none of the other neighbours believe me.

I know a few people have cars just to take there dogs down the park, not to get there regular car dirty.

On 18/10/2024 at 17:44, Davkaus said:

Been taking my son to a kids’ hairdressers to get his hair cut. Good place to be fair, he still screams the place down when he gets his hair cut so they cater for that sort of shit. So you don’t feel bad, it’s par for the course. 

Anyway they’re quite hard to get an appointment at. So few weeks ago I got one at 3:30. Finished work early, picked him up early from nursery, got down there nice and early at 3:15 and they were closed. Nothing on their website or social media (which they update constantly). No note on the door. Nothing. Hung around for 20 minutes to make sure they hadn’t just popped out, rang their number a few times. Nothing. 

I messaged them on Instagram and Facebook, not complaining but obviously asking what happened and why they didn’t tell us. 

Got no response for a week and then they finally replied and said “sorry about that. Would you like to rebook?”

no I **** wouldn’t. 

Edited by Stevo985

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â