Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 12/10/2024 at 17:10, mjmooney said:

Wouldn't be my priorities, but hey, we're all different. I'm a bit baffled when I see a shitty house with a high status car parked outside. Personally, I would always go for the best house I can afford and a shit car. 

Largely agreed, with a slight tweak to say 'comfortably afford' to allow for financial flexibility if/when something goes wrong.

Part of me does wonder how much the rise in social media and online influencers has led to this desire to project a perfect life and to appear to be wealthy. Not so much as a 'look at me, aren't I great', but more of a trying to fit in thing. My son is only 7 but is already getting worried about not having something that other kids in his school do and that he won't fit in if he doesn't get it too.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Left the car at Yardley Wood instead of Hall Green this morning which was a mistake in itself and made me miss the train 

Did I forget and get off at Hall Green on the way home? Yes.. yes I did 

No vile allowed in hall green or Yardley Wood mate.

Just stay on the train till Lichfield 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Largely agreed, with a slight tweak to say 'comfortably afford' to allow for financial flexibility if/when something goes wrong.

Part of me does wonder how much the rise in social media and online influencers has led to this desire to project a perfect life and to appear to be wealthy. Not so much as a 'look at me, aren't I great', but more of a trying to fit in thing. My son is only 7 but is already getting worried about not having something that other kids in his school do and that he won't fit in if he doesn't get it too.

Keeping up with the Jones's has always been there obviously but it's definitely amplified by social media.  Seems to me everyone is desperately trying to project how amazing their life is on t'interweb.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Keeping up with the Jones's has always been there obviously but it's definitely amplified by social media.  Seems to me everyone is desperately trying to project how amazing their life is on t'interweb.

With the rise of easy access, instant credit, the normalisation of instant gratification and little financial education and awareness. 

Recipe for disaster.

Those "Viking" cruise adverts with that woman's annoying accent saying that their cruises are for "the thinking person".

Having looked at their prices, the only thinking people need to do is to click that little cross on the tab for their website.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

An old friend of mines partner is the absolute worst for this. They have a couple of kids and she is relentless with her amazing, perfect, incredible life where she’s so lucky and everyone loves each other so much. It’s incredible how little self awareness she has. 

You lot sound like a bunch of losers to me.

My life is amazing, my family all love me, we never need to raise our voices and the kids are always doing chores without being asked, and buying us thoughtful presents.

Anyway, I'm off to book our next holiday in a beach hut on The Maldives.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Why keep up with the Jones's when you can smash them out the park ...

Someone I used to work with years ago is on my Facebook friends list , i do occasionally speak to her and randomly bumped into her in Cyprus as we were both on holiday with out families  

But for Mothers day from her kids she received 2 handmade cards , a Gucci bag , 2 VIP tickets to see Beyonce and some make of chocolates that cost an eye watering amount 

all that spontaneous love choreographed with 42 photos on Facebook

• Sad 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Someone I used to work with years ago is on my Facebook friends list , i do occasionally speak to her and randomly bumped into her in Cyprus as we were both on holiday with out families  

But for Mothers day from her kids she received 2 handmade cards , a Gucci bag , 2 VIP tickets to see Beyonce and some make of chocolates that cost an eye watering amount 

How old are her kids 45?

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Is she an MP? Is so she was probably gifted all that from a wealthy friend.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Probably a fake bag :lol:

I'm DELIGHTED my kids aren't that thoughtful as I'd have to disown them if they bought me Beyonce tickets.

Just now, sidcow said:

Probably a fake bag :lol:

I'm DELIGHTED my kids aren't that thoughtful as I'd have to disown them if they bought me Beyonce tickets.

But the Gucci bag?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â