Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Xela said:

As if having my car break down a fortnight ago and being admitted to hospital, with further tests needed, now my boiler isn't working! :( 

I feel like life is a real challenge at the moment. 

Cheer up mate. German Christmas Market opens in just a couple of weeks. 

It's all gravy then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

As if having my car break down a fortnight ago and being admitted to hospital, with further tests needed, now my boiler isn't working! :( 

It does feel tough sometimes when a few things go wrong at the same time.

Last month we had three things going wrong in the house in the matter of a week! 

You'll get all your problems sorted out soon enough👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

That’s shit mate, life certainly does have its ways of hitting you multiple times in a short space. 

It’ll pass, and you’ll be stronger (and a bit poorer) for it.

• Thanks 1

£8 for watching the football today. But my provider has a facility where I can talk directly to the bench and the manager.

My mid game interview technique usually revolves around “oi, dickhead, how can you be so thick/ ugly with only one head?”

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Street View is different - on there you're facing the point of the blue arrow. 

Street view is F***ING annoying. Search for somewhere, go to street view, absolutely nailed on that the view will be with your back to the place you searched for. Its like its saying the view from that place is this... but what most people want to see is the place they just searched for!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Iphone 16. What's new. "you can access the camera quicker and it's now available in 5 'vibrant colours'

"Gotta have one, that sounds awesome"?????

Apple is bringing nothing to the table for some time. 5G introduced on the 12 and they all look the same from that point too. I have a 13 pro and there’s genuinely no reason at all for me to consider a 14, 15 or 16. 
Their R&D team are stealing a living.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Fortunately for me this will only annoy people who pay for football coverage 🤣

Doesn't affect my viewing at all. I'm more annoyed that Sky/TNT want to directly impact our team during their half time break/debrief. More broadcasting impact on the game. We should send out a coach and the sub keeper and tell them to **** off, and take whatever fine comes our way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apple is bringing nothing to the table for some time. 5G introduced on the 12 and they all look the same from that point too. I have a 13 pro and there’s genuinely no reason at all for me to consider a 14, 15 or 16. 
Their R&D team are stealing a living.

Totally agree. Always been Samsug for me. I don't fall for there bullshit marketing like the millenials and gen z crew. 

There's actually a great video going around, where a girl is stopping people in the street and asking them to try the new Iphone, pretending to transfer all there data on to it. They all say it's much faster and pictures are sharper, etc, etc. When in reality they have just cleaned their phone and give it back to them. 🤣

I used to be enthusiastic about having the latest and greatest phone, back in the first 7 or 8 years or so of the smartphone era they were making massive strides, you got more bang for your buck each generation, and it didn't break the bank.

I think it's a bit of a mug's game these days, what do you get for 6 or 7 hundred quid more than a midrange phone? A screen so big it's uncomfortable to use one-handed, absurd screen resolutions that are completely OTT for a handheld device, and a slightly better camera? My last phone was 300 quid and I happily held onto it for nearly 4 years, the generational upgrades are marginal gains - if not actual downgrades in capability, so I expect I'll also use this phone until I break it.

I still maintain that my Samsung Note 4 from 2014 was the best phone I ever had, and every phone I've had since has had at least one major feature missing that I loved on that phone. We've got better CPU speeds, but give me a headphone jack, swappable battery, expandable storage and an IR blaster and I'd be a happy man.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Totally agree. Always been Samsug for me. I don't fall for there bullshit marketing like the millenials and gen z crew. 

There's actually a great video going around, where a girl is stopping people in the street and asking them to try the new Iphone, pretending to transfer all there data on to it. They all say it's much faster and pictures are sharper, etc, etc. When in reality they have just cleaned their phone and give it back to them. 🤣

Even Samsung have become the Apple of Android from a cost perspective. I've a Xiaomi at a fraction of the cost of its Samsung equivalent and it's a cracking phone (figuratively speaking 😛)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Iphone 16. What's new. "you can access the camera quicker and it's now available in 5 'vibrant colours'

"Gotta have one, that sounds awesome"?????

Yet millions will have to have one. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Millions of muggs 🤣

Sheep, the lot of emm.

Keep supporting the little guys like, *checks notes*, Samsung and Google.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Probably dunks his Krapfen in gravy that guy. 

I did once put gravy on some sort of muffin thing at Wembley as @tonyh29 will no doubt recall. I thought the muffin thing was a mini pie, or maybe it was the other way round and I put chocolate sauce on a pie. Whatever, it wasn’t as delicious as you’d think.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â