Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, BOF said:

Oh go and **** off

Hahahaha.  Love to see the interview with the subbed off player who has just ;launched the water bottle into the stands.  You can't pay for that kind of entertainment.........well you can on sky it seems.

I was watching a game on TNT the other night, and they had Joe Cole as a sort of 'third' commentator, but they made a huge thing about the fact he was sat behind the subs bench. Every time - "let's see what Joe thinks, he's sat right behind the benches" - "what's the view from behind the benches, let's ask Joe Cole" - "I bet there's some dispute about that decision on the benches, let's check in with our roving reporter Joe"

I couldn't work out why his location was so important, as everything he reported back was completely irrelevant to his GPS location, I got the impression he was being used as a 'mole' to talk to the players, but offered nothing of the sorts. My housemate tells me it's been quite a regular thing this season on TNT. Well it pissed me off, far too much, like any changes in the game or the way it's broadcast (and ties in nicely with BOFs post above)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

My girlfriend has one of the budget ish Samsung phones, an A3 or something. It's perfectly OK for someone who doesn't use it much. Does the job. Apart from one glaring omission that it took me ages to work out, and it turns out all the reviewers missed too. It doesn't have a compass. How, how can any phone manufacturer think that's a good idea?

Any number of free compass apps in the app store. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've not had a compass on any phone I've ever owned. 

I assume it's an apple thing.  An apple owner shocked that every phone isn't like an apple shock. 

But I have downloaded an compass app.

A compass app isn't going to work well if you don't have the hardware in your device to support it, if you've downloaded an app and it's worked responsively you have the magnetic sensor

There are some apps that will use GPS and work to an extent as long as you're moving

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Yup. But they need the hardware, which the phone doesn't have.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I assume it's an apple thing.  An apple owner shocked that every phone isn't like an apple shock. 

It's the thing in Google maps that shows which way you're facing. That blue cone thing. Takes direction from the built in compass. No compass, no cone showing which way you're facing. If you have the cone, your phone has a compass.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just treat yourself to an iPhone mate, you know it makes sense. 

Mount it to the dashboard of your Tesla ;) 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

It's the thing in Google maps that shows which way you're facing. That blue cone thing. Takes direction from the built in compass. No compass, no cone showing which way you're facing. If you have the cone, your phone has a compass.

I never know which way the cone is pointing.  Am I facing towards the pointy end or the widening end?  Could they not just change it to an arrow to make it more obvious?

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I literally cannot believe that my phone hasn't got one of those attachments for removing stones from horses hooves😡

Just strip the phone down and use the bit inside the charger plug like any other normal  human being. 

This country...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

I never know which way the cone is pointing.  Am I facing towards the pointy end or the widening end?  Could they not just change it to an arrow to make it more obvious?

You're facing the wide 'fan' part. I think it's supposed to suggest your field of vision. 

EDIT: Street View is different - on there you're facing the point of the blue arrow. 

Edited by mjmooney

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

You're the blue dot. The cone is your field of view. It's obvious, but only when someone else points it out.

As if having my car break down a fortnight ago and being admitted to hospital, with further tests needed, now my boiler isn't working! :( 

I feel like life is a real challenge at the moment. 

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh go and **** off

Fortunately for me this will only annoy people who pay for football coverage 🤣

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â