Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I think people would be shocked with the figure for work carried out on teeth, when there was no need. Personally, unless I am in pain, I have always told them to do one if they said I needed a filling or other work. It's happened a few times, though never hardly had a issue with my teeth

Then there was that women dentist a few years ago claiming 100s of thousands from the NHS for work not even carried out.

22 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Somebody goes into a profession to make money. Shocker.

Obviously every job is done to make money but dentistry stands out in the healthcare related fields in that generally health care professions tend to have a degree of 'calling' to them (it's a field you have to have a 'desire ' to do, because the return on effort and nature of the work is such that if you wanted a better life you could probably do so easier than going into the healthcare professions). But not in dentistry. Dentistry is commoditised, it's a field for making money in, you're in the dentistry field because you made the decision that helping people was much less important than getting paid.

• Like 1

All I know is I once asked my dentist which toothpaste she recommended, and she said it didn't matter as long as it had fluoride in it.

Whole world shattered.

My dentistry is free.

There is a large dental university here in Sofia. Every exam period in their 4th year they offer a list of treatments that are carried out under supervision from a professor.

Guess the nationality of these students.

38 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

My dentistry is free.

There is a large dental university here in Sofia. Every exam period in their 4th year they offer a list of treatments that are carried out under supervision from a professor.

Guess the nationality of these students.

Somalian?

94wnjl.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Obviously every job is done to make money but dentistry stands out in the healthcare related fields in that generally health care professions tend to have a degree of 'calling' to them (it's a field you have to have a 'desire ' to do, because the return on effort and nature of the work is such that if you wanted a better life you could probably do so easier than going into the healthcare professions). But not in dentistry. Dentistry is commoditised, it's a field for making money in, you're in the dentistry field because you made the decision that helping people was much less important than getting paid.

'tis true, even back when I was in Uni, the Dentists were always the complete and utter rocket polishers of the triumvirate of wankerdom. Medics, Dentist and Vets

Counting their money before they'd even qualified and completely sadistic bastards to boot.

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

'tis true, even back when I was in Uni, the Dentists were always the complete and utter rocket polishers of the triumvirate of wankerdom. Medics, Dentist and Vets

Counting their money before they'd even qualified and completely sadistic bastards to boot.

IMG-9884.gif

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

A prior job was heavily involved with various professional types and we used to get introduction training on how to 'understand and approach' different types of professionals - trying to get you to understand generally what kind of person someone in these different jobs was like, what they valued, what costs and challenges they're likely to have. The section on dentists may as well have been called 'money money money'.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â