Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I have family in Poland. It was cheaper for me to drive to Luton (2 hour drive), get parking for 4 nights, fly to Poland, get 2 white fillings in a lovely private dentist office than do anything in England.

Almost all dentist services in Poland are private.

I have no idea what the dentist prices are based on, I was in and out within 30 minutes. A little drilling, a little white filling, job done. It does not seem like a £300/£400/£500 job, especially as they must be doing 10+ of those every day. 

Private dentistry in the UK is legalised racketeering. Hundreds of pounds for minutes of work, the profit margins must be huge.

38 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I have family in Poland. It was cheaper for me to drive to Luton (2 hour drive), get parking for 4 nights, fly to Poland, get 2 white fillings in a lovely private dentist office than do anything in England.

Almost all dentist services in Poland are private.

I have no idea what the dentist prices are based on, I was in and out within 30 minutes. A little drilling, a little white filling, job done. It does not seem like a £300/£400/£500 job, especially as they must be doing 10+ of those every day. 

Whilst they are removing the bad bit of tooth they also need to take the piss too. 

30 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Private dentistry in the UK is legalised racketeering. Hundreds of pounds for minutes of work, the profit margins must be huge.

You can add vets to that too.

£46 for a simple consultation at the local vet. The referral place we went to charged £187 for a consultation. No treatment, no meds, just a look at the dog.

The referral vet fella was saying how uncomfortable he felt with the massive rise in veterinary costs. He said £187 might seem a lot but there is another one nearby that charges £400.

This place do lots of scans a surgery’s and he said they are very quiet as it’s just far too expensive now, including insurance premiums. He said often people bring their animal in, see that it’s £2,000 for a scan, and up to double that again for a fairy straight forward surgery (which might or might not work) and just have their dog or cat put to sleep. 
He said the costs have more than doubled in the last 2 years purely out of greed by the industry.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You can add vets to that too.

£46 for a simple consultation at the local vet. The referral place we went to charged £187 for a consultation. No treatment, no meds, just a look at the dog.

The referral vet fella was saying how uncomfortable he felt with the massive rise in veterinary costs. He said £187 might seem a lot but there is another one nearby that charges £400.

This place do lots of scans a surgery’s and he said they are very quiet as it’s just far too expensive now, including insurance premiums. He said often people bring their animal in, see that it’s £2,000 for a scan, and up to double that again for a fairy straight forward surgery (which might or might not work) and just have their dog or cat put to sleep. 
He said the costs have more than doubled in the last 2 years purely out of greed by the industry.

You could got to a private hospital as a human and get a full body MRI scan for a lot less than £2,000.

Just now, sidcow said:

You could got to a private hospital as a human and get a full body MRI scan for a lot less than £2,000.

Fine in theory, but falls down when they ask the dog to sign something.

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â