Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

18 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Halcyon days mate, halcyon days.

Loaded and Front were too 'lad culture', GQ and Esquire were too posh and for James Bond wannabes. FHM and Maxim were the right level. 

I can remember buying a copy of FHM from my local newsagents, getting to the counter to pay and the woman on the till looking through the magazine and occasionally looking back at me with a disapproving look. 

She then asked a colleague if someone had to be 18 in order to buy it - I was more like 16 - while the queue behind (which in my memory was comprised of equally disapproving, middle aged women) murmured on accordingly.

I wanted to die. Safe to say I didn’t buy it from there again.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

39 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I can remember buying a copy of FHM from my local newsagents, getting to the counter to pay and the woman on the till looking through the magazine and occasionally looking back at me with a disapproving look. 

She then asked a colleague if someone had to be 18 in order to buy it - I was more like 16 - while the queue behind (which in my memory was comprised of equally disapproving, middle aged women) murmured on accordingly.

I wanted to die. Safe to say I didn’t buy it from there again.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â