Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

29 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I like McDonalds for the taste 🖕

I don’t care if it’s not a Heston Blumenthal filet mignon covered in gold flakes, shoved up a duck’s arse and given a French name. I like fast food. And frankly, all those gold flakes would be ruined anyway! 

and you read Playboy for the articles

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Massively late to the party but... I kind of get @Mic09 point as I think the same with Vaping. Often its people who didn't smoke but think vaping is cool and I'm thinking, "if you want nicotine, then go for the real ****!"

But as a non-drinker, I'm often having soft drinks at home or when out for meals and for me, there's a very noticeable difference in taste between the originals, diets and zeros/maxes. Originals are very sweet tasting, the diets are gassy and metallic tasting so personally the Zeros and Maxes taste better on pure taste/feeling and that's ignoring the calorie differences. Only exception is a chilled original coke from a glass bottle on a hot day... it hits differently!

Exactly my point. It's like vaping. It's not good for you, it's not cool, it still smells, so just do the real thing rather than kidding yourself and others. 

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

If you want a coke get a coke. 

What if you prefer the taste of Zero/Max over the full sugar alternatives? 

I drink a lot of Pepsi Max and Cherry Pepsi Max. I'm under no illusions thats its 'better' than full fat, its just that I prefer the taste. Its destroying me in different ways! :)

43 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Its remarkably consistent for taste, wherever you go. 

Just now, Xela said:

What if you prefer the taste of Zero/Max over the full sugar alternatives? 

I drink a lot of Pepsi Max and Cherry Pepsi Max. I'm under no illusions thats its 'better' than full fat, its just that I prefer the taste. Its destroying me in different ways! :)

Yeah that's cool! You got my approval.

It's just pissed me off and it shouldn't. Live vaping rather than smoking, drinking slim line tonics, pretend meat, and other above mentioned practices.

The real thing is better! 

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Been ages since I’ve had a fizzy drink, but they absolutely never used to taste the same.

Pepsi Max used to be nicer than Diet Coke (which is horrific), but tasted very much different to regular Pepsi. Might have changed since they reduced sugar or something?

Max/Zero are meant to taste like the full fat versions, but we all know there is a difference. The diet/light versions are designed to taste a lot different and they do!

I don’t eat meat these days due to the taste. Its **** infuriating. Back in February I had the start of a few issues and one part of them is meat tastes awful. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I watch a lot of videos over half an hour long. Regularly 45-60 mins. I don't think I've ever seen an unskippable 60 second ad. If I have, it's so rare that I can't recall it.

Yep. Regularly get,  well 45 seconds of adds on some videos.  

Says alot about modern life if 45 seconds is agonising mind

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Max/Zero are meant to taste like the full fat versions, but we all know there is a difference. The diet/light versions are designed to taste a lot different and they do!

I can't speak for Coke, but Pepsi and Diet Pepsi taste the same, Pepsi Max tastes different.

Actually I think Coke Zero is the "New Coke" flavour that led to "Classic Coke" re-launching.

Bought a can of fat Pepsi a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was going to be the same as fat Coke, but they'd reduced the sugar and introduced sweeteners.

Poured down the drain.

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

While I am on a roll, people who go to an all inclusive resort in Egypt/Turkey/Greece, sit by the pool all week and drink beers (absolutely nothing wrong with those things) and then they say 'I have seen/experienced Egypt'.

No, you experienced a swimming pool and a buffet in Egypt. You have not seen Egypt. 

Same in the Caribbean, in Jamaica, the D.R., etc.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t care if it’s not a Heston Blumenthal filet mignon covered in gold flakes, shoved up a duck’s arse and given a French name. I like fast food. And frankly, all those gold flakes would be ruined anyway! 

Burger King just way better.

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Same in the Caribbean, in Jamaica, the D.R., etc.

We went to the Dominican Republic in July and said the same. We spent a lot of money to go there but it could have been Spain, Greece, many other closer and cheaper places. 

It’s not really safe enough to go out and about. We went on a boat trip but that was about it.

6 hours ago, Xann said:

Fat Coke from the sizeable plastic bottles is artificially sweetened as well as sugared, so you might as well go diet cos you will still get the taste of bleurgh either way.

Fat Coke from a can is an entirely different creature from the larger bottles. It's still sugared, proper like.

Here you can get Coke from Mexico (insert jokes here) that contains real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup or whatever crap is used here. You can’t find it everywhere but Costco typically has it, along with a few other places. People who really love Coke swear by it. I don’t drink any soft drinks but will buy a case of Mexican Coke in the summer to make Batangas (minus the salt)

https://www.foodandwine.com/batanga-cocktail-recipe-8645454

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

and you read Playboy for the articles

I used to read FHM for the articles on fashion and popular culture. Plus the boobs. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

We went to the Dominican Republic in July and said the same. We spent a lot of money to go there but it could have been Spain, Greece, many other closer and cheaper places. 

It’s not really safe enough to go out and about. We went on a boat trip but that was about it.

My sister-in-law is half Dominican. Her father was born there and his family own a world-famous resort there. When the BIL & SIL go there with their kids they pretty much are told to not leave the resort. And that is even with her family having significant power & influence locally. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Burger King just way better.

I don’t disagree. And yet I don’t think I’ve had a Burger King for about 3 years. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â