Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

40 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't get it but cool.

''I am strongly against something but I will pretend I am doing it because it's really good''.

That's a false comparison though.
Vegetarians aren't strongly against the taste of meat. Very few vegetarians are vegetarian because they don't like the taste.

They're strongly against killing an animal to get that taste

A "fake meat" burger isn't pretending they're doing the thing they're against. It's the exact opposite

I tried a Mcplant a while back as I’d won it on some sort of promotion. It wasn’t offensive and not a million miles off beef flavour. It reminded me of a cheap burger van burger. 5/10, WB again if I had to.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I tried a Mcplant a while back as I’d won it on some sort of promotion. It wasn’t offensive and not a million miles off beef flavour. It reminded me of a cheap burger van burger. 5/10, WB again if I had to.

5/10 probably puts it about in line with the standard McDonalds offerings then? :D

Beyond Meat burgers in the shop or independents are considerably better than the McPlant - they're not going to scratch the proper meat itch for someone wanting a steak or something, but in a big greasy burger loaded up with topping, it's more than good enough to scratch the itch for me

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

5/10 probably puts it about in line with the standard McDonalds offerings then? :D

Beyond Meat burgers in the shop or independents are considerably better than the McPlant - they're not going to scratch the proper meat itch for someone wanting a steak or something, but in a big greasy burger loaded up with topping, it's more than good enough to scratch the itch for me

They BBQ well, as well, which is a pretty big plus.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

5/10 is generous, but it's there to serve a specific purpose.

My wife has recently tried her first Mackies breakfast, and said the greasy McMuffin is horrible.

I agreed, but it's not there to taste nice. It's there when you need it. Sometimes you need an egg that might as well be made out of plastic and a flavour-less hash brown. If you want something that tastes nice you don't look for it in McDonalds. 

It's like looking for delicious chicken in KFC. 

No. But, sometimes you end up eating it because the situation requires it. 

On 21/09/2024 at 12:35, bickster said:

Oh there's a subscription service I've never seen the point in

I watch way way waaaaay more youtube every day than I do actual television, yet I've never once had an inkling to pay them for the privilege.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I watch way way waaaaay more youtube every day than I do actual television, yet I've never once had an inkling to pay them for the privilege.

Same. Do you accept the ads or go the adblock route? I used to block but that came to a screeching halt when I wanted to use a AppleTV or a Chromecast TV. No good way of avoiding ads on those so I caved in and paid.

8 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Same. Do you accept the ads or go the adblock route? I used to block but that came to a screeching halt when I wanted to use a AppleTV or a Chromecast TV. No good way of avoiding ads on those so I caved in and paid.

I watch the 5 seconds and then skip. Yes there are a few that make you watch ~17 seconds but if they appear at the start I just quick swipe and restart the video, usually getting a 5 second skippable the second time around. So the bits of ads I do have to avoid don't bother me. Certainly nowhere near enough for that amount of money to get rid.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I have an ad blocker for when I'm on my laptop.

It blows my mind that YouTube haven't yet put their own Ad Blocker Blocker in place

As in, there's loads of sites you can go on that tell you you need to disable your ad blocker before you proceed. So it's obviously possible.
So I'm not sure why one of the biggest websites in the world doesn't do that.

There must be a reason

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â