Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Pepsi Max tastes the same as Pepsi. Except it doesn't feel like your teeth are wearing a dressing gown after you've drunk it.

And there's far less calories in it

(That diet drinks give you cancer is a myth)

It does not taste the same. 

There are less calories, sure. If you stick a piece of plastic in a blender, add some aspartame and water to it, it will also have less calories. If you are concerned about 200 calories from a sugary drink and counting that as an influential part of your overall diet, maybe your diet isn't that good to begin with.

I am half joking when I say it gives you cancer. There is some evidence aspartame is cancerous, there is evidence against it. I wouldn't be surprised if (just like with cigarettes) if some people paid big money to cover the risks. But it's just full of artificial chemicals. It's not exactly an apple off a tree. 

One thing is clear - both pepsi and pepsi max are really bad for you. But if you want to have one, just have the proper one. Don't pretend it's ''diet''. It isn't. It just replaces sugar with aspartame. 

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I am half joking when I say it gives you cancer. There is some evidence aspartame is cancerous, there is evidence against it. I wouldn't be surprised if (just like with cigarettes) if some people paid big money to cover the risks. But it's just full of artificial chemicals. It's not exactly an apple off a tree.  

It's only a carcinogen when massively overdosed. Chocolate is a poison when massively overdosed.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

But I like Cherry Pepsi Max.

That's fine :) enjoy.

It's just one of those things that piss me off that shouldn't. Like sensible rock stars or fake meat burgers.

If you want a veggie burger, make a veggie burger. Don't make pretend meat.

If you want a coke get a coke. 

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

There are less calories, sure. If you stick a piece of plastic in a blender, add some aspartame and water to it, it will also have less calories. If you are concerned about 200 calories from a sugary drink and counting that as an influential part of your overall diet, maybe your diet isn't that good to begin with.

One thing is clear - both pepsi and pepsi max are really bad for you. But if you want to have one, just have the proper one. Don't pretend it's ''diet''. It isn't. It just replaces sugar with aspartame. 

There’s no evidence it gives you cancer. 

And 200 calories is 200 calories. That’s quite a lot for one small drink. 

If I can have the same taste (and they do taste the same) with less calories why wouldn’t I?

17 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's fine :) enjoy.

It's just one of those things that piss me off that shouldn't. Like sensible rock stars or fake meat burgers.

If you want a veggie burger, make a veggie burger. Don't make pretend meat.

If you want a coke get a coke. 

Your logic on these points makes no sense. 

Im veggie. I like the taste of meat. I don’t like the dead animal part. 

A veggie burger tastes (roughly) the same. But doesn’t have the dead animal part. 

It’s not that hard to understand 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Your logic on these points makes no sense. 

Im veggie. I like the taste of meat. I don’t like the dead animal part. 

A veggie burger tastes (roughly) the same. But doesn’t have the dead animal part. 

It’s not that hard to understand 

Firstly, I'd suggest looking at the thread title before looking for deeper reason.

You misunderstand by burger point. I love meat. I eat mainly meat and animal products.

I also love a good veggie burger and often make them. Good nuts blended with sweet potatoes, chick peas, parsley etc. stick that on a pan/grill and it's lovely.

But making "pretend meat" in some laboratory full of artificial flavourings is exactly like drinking diet coke. Or having a slim line tonic. Or a low calorie wine.

Its an abomination of something good.

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Firstly, I'd suggest looking at the thread title before looking for deeper reason.

You misunderstand by burger point. I love meat. I eat mainly meat and animal products.

I also love a good veggie burger and often make them. Good nuts blended with sweet potatoes, chick peas, parsley etc. stick that on a pan/grill and it's lovely.

But making "pretend meat" in some laboratory full of artificial flavourings is exactly like drinking diet coke. Or having a slim line tonic. Or a low calorie wine.

Its an abomination of something good.

It tastes nice, without the worst part

Yummy :) 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It tastes nice, without the worst part

Yummy :) 

Sure mate! But it's like alcohol with no risk of getting drunk. Or sneaking out from the house with no risk of getting caught. 

It's like saying you are against violence yet take pleasure in boxing.

It's a bit 'uncool', and I am really looking for a better phrase, but it's just 'ughhh, just do it properly if you are gonna do it!'  

While I am on a roll, people who go to an all inclusive resort in Egypt/Turkey/Greece, sit by the pool all week and drink beers (absolutely nothing wrong with those things) and then they say 'I have seen/experienced Egypt'.

No, you experienced a swimming pool and a buffet in Egypt. You have not seen Egypt. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Sure mate! But it's like alcohol with no risk of getting drunk. Or sneaking out from the house with no risk of getting caught. 

It's like saying you are against violence yet take pleasure in boxing.

It's a bit 'uncool', and I am really looking for a better phrase, but it's just 'ughhh, just do it properly if you are gonna do it!'  

Yeah but doing it properly in the case of burgers means eating actual meat. Which is kind of a no no when it comes to being a vegetarian

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but doing it properly in the case of burgers means eating actual meat. Which is kind of a no no when it comes to being a vegetarian

Yeah, so eat a veggie burger! Blend some chickpeas, some sweet potatoes, peppers, season it, it's amazing. Lovely. Give me that now. Some salsa relish and it's one of the best things. 

This on the other hand is an absolute abomination;

How the new plant-based burgers stack up to beef | CBC News

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yeah, so eat a veggie burger! Blend some chickpeas, some sweet potatoes, peppers, season it, it's amazing. Lovely. Give me that now. Some salsa relish and it's one of the best things. 

This on the other hand is an absolute abomination;

How the new plant-based burgers stack up to beef | CBC News

It's not though is it. It tastes really nice. 

It's not though is it. It tastes really nice. 

If you think so, cool. It takes 5 mins to blend some veg and nuts and season them and have a really good burger.

It's like saying a McDonalds burger is nice. As a meat lover I will tell you, it is not nice. Sometimes you eat it. But it is not nice - it is not a good burger. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Just now, Mic09 said:

If you think so, cool. It takes 5 mins to blend some veg and nuts and season them and have a really good burger.

Yeah i love me a good veggie burger as well. But they're two completely different things.

It's like saying to someone "don't eat that hot dog, eat a carrot instead"

Lots of people like meat. it tastes lovely. Lots of people also don't' want to eat dead animals.
So a beyond meat burger or the like is the solution to that. Something that tastes like meat but you know, doesn't have the dead animal part

You can say "oh well have a proper veggie burger instead". Great. I could, and I do. But it doesn't taste like meat, and sometimes that's what you're after

Yeah i love me a good veggie burger as well. But they're two completely different things.

It's like saying to someone "don't eat that hot dog, eat a carrot instead"

Lots of people like meat. it tastes lovely. Lots of people also don't' want to eat dead animals.
So a beyond meat burger or the like is the solution to that. Something that tastes like meat but you know, doesn't have the dead animal part

You can say "oh well have a proper veggie burger instead". Great. I could, and I do. But it doesn't taste like meat, and sometimes that's what you're after

I don't get it but cool.

''I am strongly against something but I will pretend I am doing it because it's really good''.

Just like those people that drink pepsi max...

Homer Simpson GIFs | Tenor

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s no evidence it gives you cancer. 

And 200 calories is 200 calories. That’s quite a lot for one small drink. 

If I can have the same taste (and they do taste the same) with less calories why wouldn’t I?

Been ages since I’ve had a fizzy drink, but they absolutely never used to taste the same.

Pepsi Max used to be nicer than Diet Coke (which is horrific), but tasted very much different to regular Pepsi. Might have changed since they reduced sugar or something?

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't get it but cool.

''I am strongly against something but I will pretend I am doing it because it's really good''.

People make those choices all the time - it’s weird not to get it.

Fat Coke from the sizeable plastic bottles is artificially sweetened as well as sugared, so you might as well go diet cos you will still get the taste of bleurgh either way.

Fat Coke from a can is an entirely different creature from the larger bottles. It's still sugared, proper like.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â