Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The only time I drink before midday is Xmas Day. 

The one exception was the Japan/Korea World Cup, where we watched the early games in the pub before going into the office. 

Edited by mjmooney

I remember in  (I think 2006?), I was flying to Toronto with another Villa supporting mate to watch Villa pre season, and our early morning flight from LGW was delayed and delayed, until it was finally cancelled. It was with a small charter airline, so they had no spare planes for when one developed a fault. Rather than get pissed off about the crap comms from the airline, we went to the pub and convinced a fair few of the rest of the passengers to come with us. By the time the airline sorted out a bus to take us to Manchester (!) we'd been in there for about 8 hours.

We were all in (very) good spirits, until the bus driver decided that he wasn't going to stop the bus at any point in the journey from Gatwick to Manchester to let us use the toilet. It didn't go down well. He said he'd call the police if we kept asking. So we kept asking and he gave in. Muppet.

When we got to the hotel in Manchester after midnight, we discovered a booze vending machine and carried on.

Was a good trip. Met up with @3_Penny_Opera in Toronto and we had adventures. There were lovely ladies involved.

Brings a smile to my face for some reason...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anthony said:

We were all in (very) good spirits, until the bus driver decided that he wasn't going to stop the bus at any point in the journey from Gatwick to Manchester to let us use the toilet. It didn't go down well. He said he'd call the police if we kept asking. So we kept asking and he gave in. Muppet.

Reminded me of an occasion I was flying to Dublin to see my cousin for the weekend. Airport had to close cos of a light aircraft semi crash landed but luckily for me I had booked with aer lingus and not O'Leary's crap Ryanair which meant we were transferred to manchestuh for a later flight. No such luck for Ryanair passengers who were basically told to eff off and find a hotel and come back tomorrow. 

Anyway......

To my utter dismay a hen party also boarded the coach and took up the back 4 rows. Proper pissed up squawking bints who had took advantage of the wait for the coach outside by sinking even more cans of lager (god knows where they got em from). We had waited in the cold but dry evening and wasted no time in piling on to the warm coach and sat down. 

Shrieks, squawks, bad singing and loads of oi oi saveloy type noises kept coming from the back. Really annoying.....but....eventually things got a lot, LOT quieter and I couldn't work out why.....until (excuse the pun) the penny dropped or, more accurately it hadn't  or couldn't. There was no on board toilet and the hen party's discomfort was now kicking in. We had about 30 minutes still to go and I was really enjoying the silence, even popping my head around to see nails being bitten, heads in hands and other such discomfort on display !

When we got off the coach there was literally a moose-like stampede for the toilets, with one or two of em falling over in their high heel rush to relieve themselves !

Served em right !

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why has this whole drinking culture surrounding air travel developed? 

I really don't get it. Last thing I want to do in an airport or on a plane is get battered. Seems **** weird to me. 

But the industry has built it up and encouraged it so it's a bit rich them moaning about pissed up passengers now. 

Amen to this. Don't serve alcohol at airports or on planes.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm incredibly disappointed in you.

Most people are.

The very few times I've had drinks on a plane, i've felt rotten after. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â