Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, Genie said:

I do have to add though I don’t think I’ve ever experienced anti drunken behaviour on any flights I’ve been on. 

I have once, Thompson flight from Girona. We were massively delayed due to a part needing to be flown out from Luton

But anyway... it will come as no shock, that the arseholes on the plane were knuckledragging sty dwellers

• Like 1

The only behaviour I can recall being an issue was on a flight back from Jamaica about 2008. One of the flight attendants had a seat halfway down the cabin during landing in the UK. 
A bloke gets his phone out and starts messing with it. Cabin crew asked him several times to put it away as it was not allowed but he did not. Cabin crew made a short call to the captain during landing and then when we were down we were all told to wait in our seats. Armed police came into the place and took this guy away.

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

its not "the industry" as a whole though is it.

Its the airlines rightly complaining but its the airports that get them drunk

Airports are incredibly difficult to make profitable. They rent out units to pubs (especially a cheap well known chain), pubs don't have the usual duty of care with regards to being drunk because people who are the problem will come in and down three or four pints in a short space of time, pub doesn't care because they'll be someone else's problem by the time the alcohol completely takes effect, same with the airports themselves. The idiots are also probably still relatively sober when they get on the plane. Airports are delivering pissed up timebombs onto planes

Is it? I was on a aeroplane the other week and they couldn't wait go get offering champagne and miniature spirits. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Is it? I was on a aeroplane the other week and they couldn't wait go get offering champagne and miniature spirits. 

I guess this wasn’t the usual Ryanair flights that are the main problem?

Just now, Genie said:

I guess this wasn’t the usual Ryanair flights that are the main problem?

No Jet2. But every airline I've ever flown with is the same. Drinking on flights seems to be projected as part of the experience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No Jet2. But every airline I've ever flown with is the same. Drinking on flights seems to be projected as part of the experience. 

It’s the levels I think. 

Most airlines will happily cater for the majority who would like a drink or 2 to relax. I read the other day Michael O’leary was complaining about passengers arriving at their planes already drunk which is the issue. Not people having 2 or 3 drinks over 3 hours. It’s very difficult to manage unless they ban alcohol at airports and on flights completely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s the levels I think. 

Most airlines will happily cater for the majority who would like a drink or 2 to relax. I read the other day Michael O’leary was complaining about passengers arriving at their planes already drunk which is the issue. Not people having 2 or 3 drinks over 3 hours. It’s very difficult to manage unless they ban alcohol at airports and on flights completely.

His issue is probably that they are drinking in the airport and not on his planes. He doesnt care

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

His issue is probably that they are drinking in the airport and not on his planes. He doesnt care

I think it becomes his issue when they have to make diversions because of the unruly passengers, or when his staff are threatened or intimidated. I’m not sure how often that happens but I guess it’s expensive.

Edited by Genie

Finally started cataloguing my CD collection via Discogs, chiefly driven by the fact that I keep buying shit I already have

Oh but here comes the great part.  I have spent days painstakingly piling stuff up and keying it onto Discogs to make sure I'm logging the absolutely correct release version of everything (to say nothing of the obscure stuff I need to actually add to Discogs, and I'm a stickler for details so I will spend a good 30 minutes on a single submission). 

My fingers are almost in a permanent shriveled claw-shape.

THERE IS A **** BARCODE SCANNER ON THE APP. 😭

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Finally started cataloguing my CD collection via Discogs, chiefly driven by the fact that I keep buying shit I already have

Oh but here comes the great part.  I have spent days painstakingly piling stuff up and keying it onto Discogs to make sure I'm logging the absolutely correct release version of everything (to say nothing of the obscure stuff I need to actually add to Discogs, and I'm a stickler for details so I will spend a good 30 minutes on a single submission). 

My fingers are almost in a permanent shriveled claw-shape.

THERE IS A **** BARCODE SCANNER ON THE APP. 😭

There are even even better apps out there that improves on the Discogs scanner

I've used one called Record Holder for ages now but there are plenty others too

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

its not "the industry" as a whole though is it.

Its the airlines rightly complaining but its the airports that get them drunk

Airports are incredibly difficult to make profitable. They rent out units to pubs (especially a cheap well known chain), pubs don't have the usual duty of care with regards to being drunk because people who are the problem will come in and down three or four pints in a short space of time, pub doesn't care because they'll be someone else's problem by the time the alcohol completely takes effect, same with the airports themselves. The idiots are also probably still relatively sober when they get on the plane. Airports are delivering pissed up timebombs onto planes

I'm sure those scenarios do exist. But I think a problem that isn't realised is the flyer who takes a half or a full Xanax just before the plane. They can often react very badly with not very much alcohol at all. Like black out memory and wild behaviour. I've seen it in non-plane settings, and plenty of people take them either to calm themselves or to try and sleep through a flight. When I see proper mill-ups in the aisle of a plane I always just assume at this stage there is sleep medication involved somewhere rather than just alcohol alone.

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Pick up at nursery. Kid comes out, dummy in mouth, can't have been more than 2 years probably closer to 18 months.

Phone in hand so presume they went in with it.

"Oh yeah we can't get it off him." The mother exclaimed.

Well you can. You just take it out their hands.

A functioning phone? Or an old one they're just using as a toy

If it's the former then that's mental.

If it's the latter then that's fine, imo. Our nursery has a box full of old remotes/phones/calculators etc. The kids are obsessed with playing with those things

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What always amazes me is seeing people necking booze in airport bars at 7.00am. 

I wouldn't neck it, but I always have a beer at the airport before a holiday. Regardless of the time of day

• Like 2

I'll always have a wee dram or two pre-flight to calm the nerves a bit, any time of day.  Usually helps me with feeling sleepy during so can nod off easier.

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't neck it, but I always have a beer at the airport before a holiday. Regardless of the time of day

Airports, away days and festivals.  The three occassions I'll have a drink at any hour (only one or two at an airport may I add).

50 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What always amazes me is seeing people necking booze in airport bars at 7.00am. 

Have you gone through passport control? If yes proceed to holiday mode :D 

• Like 2

The only time I've seen someone so pissed they were dragged off the plane, it was an off duty flight attendant, in uniform. That must have been a hell of a hangover.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â