Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

36 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I remember when the 'new' Stansted airport opened, it was such a leap forward; efficient, exciting, modern and clean. Nowadays, although it looks the same on the outside, it's simply a thoroughly unpleasant experience on every level. Huge queues, grubby and messy, things broken, toilets closed, deliberately enormously long winding walks to get to the gate, poor choice of food, again with massive queues. Thinking about it makes me depressed. London City on the other hand...

As bad as Stansted is, I’d take it over LGW, every day of the week. 

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Are Ryanair paying out millions in compensation then, or is it always “extraordinary circumstances”

13 hours ago, Xann said:

Not sure, I don't use them or Stansted?

Stansted records its traffic stats by flight number.

This is tonight, but we know it's not just tonight from the figures.

WTF is that all about?

Screenshot2024-09-16at22_56_10.png.d75efa2a4e0a653aa28801a0b9c5c30d.png

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've flown Ryanair in and out of Stansted. Admittedly it was a few years ago, but they were on time. I guess I got lucky. 

I use Ryanair into and out of Stansted on a very regular basis. Probably twice a month every month, and while there are delays the odd time, generally they're on time. I would hazard a guess that their Bucharest service might be getting affected by the continental European ATC mess spearheaded by the French.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've flown Ryanair in and out of Stansted. Admittedly it was a few years ago, but they were on time. I guess I got lucky. 

I haven't 

They cancelled my flight last minute...

Got the compo but I was flying out to cologne for a wedding, rebooked on the spot for a Brum to Dusseldorf flight, got caught speeding on the way between airports and had to book the parking spot right outside the terminal door in order to make it on time, cost me a bastard fortune 

22 hours ago, Genie said:

Are Ryanair paying out millions in compensation then, or is it always “extraordinary circumstances”

Needs to be 3+ hours to get anything, not sure what those bandings actually entail, i've just had Lufthansa reject a claim for a cancelled flight, got a claims consultant involved who apparently took them to court (I very much doubt it) £120 for me and £140 for them x 6

Frustrating part of it is Lufthansa could have just paid me straight up rather than bullshitting me over not being their fault 

Would also be interested in the delayed departure but perfectly fine arrival, one thing I've learnt over the years flying between Germany and the UK is it's a 90 minute flight but they're not full speed in a straight line, I've taken off 30 mins late and landed on time, they can make it up, harder thing is losing that landing spot, I've also wasted time circling Frankfurt 

Also ryanair are the only airline I've ever seen that don't do a connecting flight, if I fly say Hahn to Brum via Dublin they quite specifically state it's 2 individual flights rather than a connecting one and it's all the passengers risk, for all the guff around ryanair it's quietly one of the worst things I think they do, not seen any other airline with that policy 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Needs to be 3+ hours to get anything, not sure what those bandings actually entail, i've just had Lufthansa reject a claim for a cancelled flight, got a claims consultant involved who apparently took them to court (I very much doubt it) £120 for me and £140 for them x 6

Frustrating part of it is Lufthansa could have just paid me straight up rather than bullshitting me over not being their fault 

Would also be interested in the delayed departure but perfectly fine arrival, one thing I've learnt over the years flying between Germany and the UK is it's a 90 minute flight but they're not full speed in a straight line, I've taken off 30 mins late and landed on time, they can make it up, harder thing is losing that landing spot, I've also wasted time circling Frankfurt 

Also ryanair are the only airline I've ever seen that don't do a connecting flight, if I fly say Hahn to Brum via Dublin they quite specifically state it's 2 individual flights rather than a connecting one and it's all the passengers risk, for all the guff around ryanair it's quietly one of the worst things I think they do, not seen any other airline with that policy 

Arrival time is when the plane door opens; departure time is irrelevant. I've had a Ryanair very late before and they absolutely tan it across the taxi and cabin crew pretty much open the door while it's still moving in order to beat the 3-hour mark.

Edited by fightoffyour

Would prefer to put this on the UCL thread but it appears to be locked.....but....watching Madrid last night they had the sleeve badge of the trophy with 15 on it. Now my memory may be failing me but I am sure that's not 15 Champions League victories but ALL of them from day one of the European cup - I stand to be corrected. 

So....if that's true.....why cant/didn't we have our 1 trophy badge on our sleeves ?

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Would prefer to put this on the UCL thread but it appears to be locked.....but....watching Madrid last night they had the sleeve badge of the trophy with 15 on it. Now my memory may be failing me but I am sure that's not 15 Champions League victories but ALL of them from day one of the European cup - I stand to be corrected. 

So....if that's true.....why cant/didn't we have our 1 trophy badge on our sleeves ?

It's smalltime unless you've won 15 😏

• Like 2

Yeah...the star.....WE know its meaning but does the rest of Europe ?

I'm just nitpicking here Dave, I realise. I am just mildly surprised the club has missed a chance to make more money for the club shop 🤑

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Serious answer, you only get that badge if you've won 5+ Champions Leagues (including European cups) or 3 in a row. 

So I believe the only teams you'll see with it are Real Madrid, Milan, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca and Ajax

Ajax are the ones that have "only" won 4, but 3 of them were in a row so they get a badge

I assume it's all just made up as they go along. But that's the logic I believe

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

It's not locked.

Why has this whole drinking culture surrounding air travel developed? 

I really don't get it. Last thing I want to do in an airport or on a plane is get battered. Seems **** weird to me. 

But the industry has built it up and encouraged it so it's a bit rich them moaning about pissed up passengers now. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Pick up at nursery. Kid comes out, dummy in mouth, can't have been more than 2 years probably closer to 18 months.

Phone in hand so presume they went in with it.

"Oh yeah we can't get it off him." The mother exclaimed.

Well you can. You just take it out their hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pick up at nursery. Kid comes out, dummy in mouth, can't have been more than 2 years probably closer to 18 months.

Phone in hand so presume they went in with it.

"Oh yeah we can't get it off him." The mother exclaimed.

Well you can. You just take it out their hands.

Parenting little ones is a lesson in life. People who make the easy, often lazy choices will struggle long term. 

People who make the difficult, unpopular but ultimately correct choices early will be rewarded with better behaviour and an ongoing respect for the decisions you make.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

But the industry has built it up and encouraged it so it's a bit rich them moaning about pissed up passengers now.

its not "the industry" as a whole though is it.

Its the airlines rightly complaining but its the airports that get them drunk

Airports are incredibly difficult to make profitable. They rent out units to pubs (especially a cheap well known chain), pubs don't have the usual duty of care with regards to being drunk because people who are the problem will come in and down three or four pints in a short space of time, pub doesn't care because they'll be someone else's problem by the time the alcohol completely takes effect, same with the airports themselves. The idiots are also probably still relatively sober when they get on the plane. Airports are delivering pissed up timebombs onto planes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

its not "the industry" as a whole though is it.

Its the airlines rightly complaining but its the airports that get them drunk

Airports are incredibly difficult to make profitable. They rent out units to pubs (especially a cheap well known chain), pubs don't have the usual duty of care with regards to being drunk because people who are the problem will come in and down three or four pints in a short space of time, pub doesn't care because they'll be someone else's problem by the time the alcohol completely takes effect, same with the airports themselves. The idiots are also probably still relatively sober when they get on the plane. Airports are delivering pissed up timebombs onto planes

Passengers are also very keen to get on the plane so won’t play up at the pub for risk of getting held back. Best behaviour until in the plane seat. 

I do have to add though I don’t think I’ve ever experienced any drunken behaviour on any flights I’ve been on. 

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â