Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

My dog is an absolute legend, we love him to bits but he’s in a bad way. Only 7 years old but back end of last week started to randomly yelp in pain. We thought maybe a leg, knee, hit issue but he wasn’t otherwise absolutely fine. Eating, drinking, walking etc. no problems at all.

Visited the vet yesterday and they say he has an issue in his neck, a trapped nerve / slipped disc type issue. 
They’ve given us a load of pain killers and muscle relaxants but no massive improvement. He still seems to be in a fair bit of pain when it gets triggered. It seems like a certain position of leg/neck and he gets a really sharp pain and he screams out.

Yesterday was horrible as every time he tried to lie down sleep he’d set it off and be in pain. So much so he was falling asleep standing up and then setting it off when he inevitably twitched.

Today seems to be a bit better in that he can lie down to sleep but then sets it off when he wakes and tries to move.

Hopefully we see some improvement over the next few days otherwise surgery is the only option. 

Sad times. 

Sorry to hear that Dave. Must be a worrying time and it is horrible when a loved family member isn't well.

Hopefully he gets better without surgery or if they do have to do surgery it sorts out the problem. Good luck...

• Thanks 1

The internet, and the reports of the demise of Gary Shaw.

After dozens of stories of his passing, we get loads of stories he's not dead.

Pretty pathetic if someone is on the wind-up, making him look like Shrodingers Cat FFS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genie said:

My dog is an absolute legend, we love him to bits but he’s in a bad way. Only 7 years old but back end of last week started to randomly yelp in pain. We thought maybe a leg, knee, hit issue but he wasn’t otherwise absolutely fine. Eating, drinking, walking etc. no problems at all.

Visited the vet yesterday and they say he has an issue in his neck, a trapped nerve / slipped disc type issue. 
They’ve given us a load of pain killers and muscle relaxants but no massive improvement. He still seems to be in a fair bit of pain when it gets triggered. It seems like a certain position of leg/neck and he gets a really sharp pain and he screams out.

Yesterday was horrible as every time he tried to lie down sleep he’d set it off and be in pain. So much so he was falling asleep standing up and then setting it off when he inevitably twitched.

Today seems to be a bit better in that he can lie down to sleep but then sets it off when he wakes and tries to move.

Hopefully we see some improvement over the next few days otherwise surgery is the only option. 

Sad times. 

Sad to hear, and maybe a bit of a out there situation, but i've seen a few shorts on Youtube of dog chiropractors 

Might be someone local to you? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sad to hear, and maybe a bit of a out there situation, but i've seen a few shorts on Youtube of dog chiropractors 

Might be someone local to you? 

Right after seeing this he just had a massive few seconds of yelping 😢

He goes about his usual business fine, then he’ll go to sleep, then as he wakes up and goes to stand he often screams like crazy. The dog yelp is one of the worst noises in existence. It’s awful. 

It seems like it’s putting weight on his front legs after sleeping is the main trigger. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

@Xela just found a dog and horse chiropractor with excellent reviews in Staffordshire. I’ve sent her an email as it’s late but will hopefully get in touch tomorrow morning directly 👍

Fingers (and paws) crossed for you and your pooch. 🤞

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, osmark86 said:

American crowds chanting USA just makes me cringe to the core.

One of the American things I'm most embarrassed by.   I think it was the 2018 winter Olympics where the athletes started the chant as they were marching into and around the stadium.  Made my skin crawl.  That's just so disrespectful to all the other nations.   The ceremonies are supposed to be about all the world athletes coming together and these clowns are making it all about flexing.   This is one of many reasons I will always root for my native Norway in any competition involving both countries.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Right after seeing this he just had a massive few seconds of yelping 😢

He goes about his usual business fine, then he’ll go to sleep, then as he wakes up and goes to stand he often screams like crazy. The dog yelp is one of the worst noises in existence. It’s awful. 

It seems like it’s putting weight on his front legs after sleeping is the main trigger. 

Maybe see a different vet for a second opinion? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, il_serpente said:

One of the American things I'm most embarrassed by.   I think it was the 2018 winter Olympics where the athletes started the chant as they were marching into and around the stadium.  Made my skin crawl.  That's just so disrespectful to all the other nations.   The ceremonies are supposed to be about all the world athletes coming together and these clowns are making it all about flexing.   This is one of many reasons I will always root for my native Norway in any competition involving both countries.

Yeah that chant and the larger than life attitude is just so crass imo

I think me being Swedish and not very patriotic just makes me so weirded out when I hear a bunch of people frantically chanting the name of their country of citizenship. I get wanting your country to win (I do too), but I dunno lol, just feels overly nationalistic and cringe can't help it.

11 hours ago, Genie said:

@Xela just found a dog and horse chiropractor with excellent reviews in Staffordshire. I’ve sent her an email as it’s late but will hopefully get in touch tomorrow morning directly 👍

Listen out for the duck sounds when they speak.

• Like 1

Huel. I don't want to drink your bastard drink or meal replacement bollocks.

And for the record I've never once had a protein shake or any of that shite and thought hmm I'm full up now! No lunch or dinner for me.

Get me some **** chicken. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Huel. I don't want to drink your bastard drink or meal replacement bollocks.

And for the record I've never once had a protein shake or any of that shite and thought hmm I'm full up now! No lunch or dinner for me.

Get me some **** chicken. 

I tried a Huel trial back when it was first a thing. How anyone managed to keep even so much as a sip down is beyond me. Vomit inducing slurry with a hefty price tag. 

The actual real food Huel do it pretty good.

And by pretty good I mean good enough to satisfy you if you're on a diet. I wouldn't choose to eat it otherwise

But yeah the shakes are horrible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The actual real food Huel do it pretty good.

Back when I tried it, it was just the grain shakes. Interested to hear they have more of an offering now. I've been subscribing to Muscle Foods for the last year and (just to keep things on-topic) their customer service is horrendous so I'm looking for a move. Will check it out. 

Ordered some stuff from a new (to me) company. 

Took a week to arrange the delivery. 

It's coming in at least 2 separate deliveries. One on a pallet. The other bits, Yodel.

Yodel just arrived. Opened up-the parcel as the box seemed quite small for what was in order that they would be delivering. And I was right, most of it wasn't there. Check the shipping invoice. 3 Yodel numbers. 2 have been delivered (no they haven't...!) and one is apparently separately still out for delivery. What are the chances I actually get everything I bought?

Also the pallet delivery, which apparently will turn up tomorrow, I have to check on arrival before the driver leaves, otherwise they say I can't return anything as damaged. That's not going to be awkward at all - don't go anywhere mate while I inspect this stuff on my drive. 

There are times I hate distance retail.

24 minutes ago, choffer said:

Back when I tried it, it was just the grain shakes. Interested to hear they have more of an offering now. I've been subscribing to Muscle Foods for the last year and (just to keep things on-topic) their customer service is horrendous so I'm looking for a move. Will check it out. 

Yeah I just use them for their ready meals. you can get them in big bags or in little individual pots.

They're basically like pot noodle/ready past style meals but healtheir. Low calorie, lots of protein etc

Again, nothing I would eat normally, but for convenience when you're trying to watch what you eat they're decent

You're right though, the original shakes were horrible. And I assume they were aimed at psychopaths who don't actually like eating

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Also the pallet delivery, which apparently will turn up tomorrow, I have to check on arrival before the driver leaves, otherwise they say I can't return anything as damaged. That's not going to be awkward at all - don't go anywhere mate while I inspect this stuff on my drive. 

This bit is illegal under DSR, assuming this is a personal purchase rather than B2B.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

This bit is illegal under DSR, assuming this is a personal purchase rather than B2B.

I thought that, but I've never looked at the actual wording to see if there's any get outs or loopholes this might fall under.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â