Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

17 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Make it make sense

It’s too late now I’m afraid. You can either pay through the nose to keep her happy, or pay through the nose to get divorced.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Maybe they have a lot of new staff or have implemented a lot of things and want to review them after they have had a few days in? 

Or they have an external training provider coming in who was all booked for the start of the term? 

Or they just want to give students and staff a slightly easier first week back? 

Plenty of possible reasons to have it now. 

They've just had the summer off, the lazy shits!*

*I think teachers do a great job really and have my full respect

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

After a beautiful holiday in Menorca land back in Brum. Notice the absolute **** state some people left the plane in. 15 minutes before landing the hostess walks round with a bag asking for rubbish, but no, some people just decide they're going to dump all their shit on the floor and walk off. 

Leaving the airport seeing that in the UK they charge for stuff that's free in Spain like luggage trolleys. 

Get to Brum airport. Scramble at the luggage carousel. People standing virtually right on top of it, I mean no point in standing back a bit and just moving forwards when you see your bag, giving everyone room. 

Get outside and there is a massive disorganised queue for taxis. No discernible start to it, we started queuing up behind some people who weren't even in the queue, just hanging about where this massive queue was. But however you looked at it was clear there was a big queue for the taxis, but that doesn't stop people pushing in and trying it on... Made worse as the Taxi drivers were letting them on further up the rank when they just strolled up. This gets people in the queue proper uppity so there are people shouting at each other up and down the queue and having a go at the drivers. 

Welcome back to the UK. 

Minimum flight should be £1000. Lets get travel back to the good old days. 

573352aadd08957d568b460a-width-1136-form

• Like 1

My parents would regularly mention the story of the couple that got married at the church in the morning before they did.

Long story short, took the mother on law on the honeymoon, got divorced when they got back.

Scandinavian Airlines

IMG-0777.webp

https://www.businessinsider.com/vintage-photos-of-plane-food-2016-5

But in-flight dining hasn't always been bland, according to archive images recently released by Scandinavian Airlines to celebrate its 70th anniversary.

The Norwegian airline's collection of vintage photos, which we first spotted on The Daily Mail, show passengers from the 1950s through to the 1980s enjoying gourmet meals such as caviar, lobster, and a whole leg of ham at 35,000-feet.

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

They charge the taxi drivers a massive fee to use the rank. I said all the black cab drivers should get together and ask for better facilities if they're paying for them. 

Most airports do, even some train stations do.

Utilities companies. Why are they so shit? I'm having a nightmare with all of them.

Firstly British Gas. A few months ago I accidentally submitted an incorrect gas meter reading. I shouldn't be submitting readings anyway. I've got a smart meter. But they're all not working in my area apparently and nobody can tell me when they'll be fixed.
So anyway I read the wrong number off the meter and submitted it and it ended up with them thinking I'd used £2000 worth of Gas in one month.

So the direct debits went up massively. It has taken me honestly about 6 weeks of constant back and forths with them to get it sorted. Submitting new readings, changing direct debits, re-changing direct debits because they keep reverting etc. Why is it that hard? Surely it's obvious where the error is. Just take it off and use the new readings. 

Then yesterday I get a text from SSW saying my water bill of £776 is due. What the ****?

Turns out my direct debit ran out in February, because it was only set up to pay off the debt from my old flat which was £450. Except it wasn't, it was about £60, and they can't tell me where the other £400 came from. So once that was paid off the direct debit didn't start paying off my new property's bills. 

"So you'll have to pay that off in 6 months" was all they kept saying :D 

Despite there being £400 worth of erroneous charges and it being their fault the direct debit wasn't set up properly.

It's already been 4 phone calls. I dread to think how much longer I'll be back and forth with them until it's sorted

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Firstly British Gas.

Don't get me started. I've lost count of the number of times I've nearly lost it with them. The OH is with them for gas and electric. Her gas bills are fine but her electric is £1500 a month. She has a nice flat but it's not much bigger than mine but she's spent the last 18 months in a battle with them. All she's trying to do it to establish why her usage is through the roof. They've made so many appointments and failed to turn up to almost all of them. The ones that have turned up have invariably told her that they're not the right person to review. We know the meter is working but can't work out why the consumption is so high. Everyone at BG agrees that she is using in a month, what most houses use in a year but she is still no further forward. I suspect either someone is leeching off her supply or her ancient boiler is not working right as we've done so many tests ourselves. BG are simply not interested. They take the money every month so that's all they care about. 

(It's a rental, old refurbed factory. Her options to have a smart-meter or replace the boiler are therefore limited).

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I made a similar post a few weeks ago after a long weekend in Sweden.

Returning here after a few days away really highlighted how run down, broken, and full of lazy inconsiderate words removed this country is.

I'd be out of here in a heartbeat if we didn't need family support for childcare. The country is a dump.

That's not true, I live here.

Wait..

monkey-robot.gif

• Haha 4

As someone who deals with utility companies as a part of my job and their billing. I've had dozens the past year and my theory is they're all absolutely on the arse so are trying it on as much as possible to improve cash flow.  Incorrect billing, extra charges, late payment fees for invoices never sent,  being billed for properties that aren't yours, delay, dispute, do anything possible to get that extra money in their account and keep it for as long as possible.

Water. Elec.

They're all **** scum.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â