Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The high school my children go to seems to be going down hill at a rate of knots. They seem to be doing increasingly barmy changes losing sight of what their purpose is.

The most recent one is a training day this week.

Yes, they only went back to school last Monday (after a couple of training days tagged onto the end of the 6 week summer holiday). Now in week 2 of the school year they have a training day on Friday. 

I’d love to know what the rationale is for it.

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

The high school my children go to seems to be going down hill at a rate of knots. They seem to be doing increasingly barmy changes losing sight of what their purpose is.

Yes, they only went back to school last Monday (after a couple of training days tagged onto the end of the 6 week summer holiday). Now in week 2 of the school year they have a training day on Friday. 

With it being a Friday, maybe 3 days to fix something architectural?

1 minute ago, limpid said:

With it being a Friday, maybe 3 days to fix something architectural?

It was announced before the end of the last term so it is planned in, just seems really strange that the children lose a day of school in just the second week back.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was announced before the end of the last term so it is planned in, just seems really strange that the children lose a day of school in just the second week back.

Aren't there a fixed number of training days per year? Are you sure they are "losing" a day rather than it just being moved around.

Just now, limpid said:

Aren't there a fixed number of training days per year? Are you sure they are "losing" a day rather than it just being moved around.

Yeah, it's 5 - so probably just moved (particularly if announced before the summer).

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

They’re still settling back in. They are usually tagged onto start or end of school holidays. It just seems random to throw one onto the second Friday of the new school year after a 6 week break.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

They’re still settling back in. They are usually tagged onto start or end of school holidays. It just seems random to throw one onto the second Friday of the new school year after a 6 week break.

Maybe they have a lot of new staff or have implemented a lot of things and want to review them after they have had a few days in? 

Or they have an external training provider coming in who was all booked for the start of the term? 

Or they just want to give students and staff a slightly easier first week back? 

Plenty of possible reasons to have it now. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

After a beautiful holiday in Menorca land back in Brum. Notice the absolute **** state some people left the plane in. 15 minutes before landing the hostess walks round with a bag asking for rubbish, but no, some people just decide they're going to dump all their shit on the floor and walk off. 

Leaving the airport seeing that in the UK they charge for stuff that's free in Spain like luggage trolleys. 

Get to Brum airport. Scramble at the luggage carousel. People standing virtually right on top of it, I mean no point in standing back a bit and just moving forwards when you see your bag, giving everyone room. 

Get outside and there is a massive disorganised queue for taxis. No discernible start to it, we started queuing up behind some people who weren't even in the queue, just hanging about where this massive queue was. But however you looked at it was clear there was a big queue for the taxis, but that doesn't stop people pushing in and trying it on... Made worse as the Taxi drivers were letting them on further up the rank when they just strolled up. This gets people in the queue proper uppity so there are people shouting at each other up and down the queue and having a go at the drivers. 

Welcome back to the UK. 

Birmingham airport is a disgrace full stop. I am surprised it gets away with being so bad at everything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Birmingham airport is a disgrace full stop. I am surprised it gets away with being so bad at everything.

Management chap. They have no idea. definately got worse than it used to be. CEO should have went years ago, instead he got a bumper bonus rising every year.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I flew out of there in June at the height of the mega queues at check-in. Got there 3 hours early and still had to be pulled out the queue because it was due to board and I'd not got through security.

Never again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Training day?

Y’all hardcore

IMG-0773.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Like an IB after only 3 matches 😉

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

They charge the taxi drivers a massive fee to use the rank. I said all the black cab drivers should get together and ask for better facilities if they're paying for them. 

The outside is downright dangerous. Such a cluster **** of routes pedestrians everywhere with no clear pathways. Many of them walking down roads mingling with taxis and buses. 

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

May sound snobby but it's so bad, that its now almost only worth using if you're flying first/business to improve some of the experience (and even then its doesn't overcome all the shortcomings). Otherwise you're charged a fortune to park or be dropped anywhere near, waiting ****ing ages in queues, generally treated like ****, sat in crappy waiting areas, with **** food / duty free options and then have god awful baggage / security protocols.  

So many of the other "smaller" airports are now so much better. Made all the more galling when Bham flights generally cost so much more than flying from London.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I flew out of there in June at the height of the mega queues at check-in. Got there 3 hours early and still had to be pulled out the queue because it was due to board and I'd not got through security.

Never again.

I’d pay more to fly from East Mids if it was an option.

20 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Like an IB after only 3 matches 😉

Tbf that’s an international thing and is unfortunate for us it’s aligns with the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

May sound snobby but it's so bad, that its now almost only worth using if you're flying first/business to improve some of the experience (and even then its doesn't overcome all the shortcomings). Otherwise you're charged a fortune to park or be dropped anywhere near, waiting ****ing ages in queues, generally treated like ****, sat in crappy waiting areas, with **** food / duty free options and then have god awful baggage / security protocols.  

So many of the other "smaller" airports are now so much better. Made all the more galling when Bham flights generally cost so much more than flying from London.

and when you return you’ll be stood by the carousel for 20-30 minutes before they even turn it on and send a few push chairs through. Everything about it is sub-standard (for the size of the area it serves).

• Like 1

On a holiday/flying related theme...  I loathe the people who create these ideas of things like "mini-moons" or "baby-moons" and all that ****

Got married in Sept/Oct and we went away a few days later for a week. That apparently was a mini-moon as the missus wanted to do a safari and this was "only" Istanbul/Cappadocia. **** right off!

(we then did the Safari in June this year, after having had 2 other holidays in between but they also weren't considered honeymoons. Make it make sense) 😬  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â