Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't get how he gives this much of a shit about who we sign but then when the football starts, nothing.

I think a lot of fans are obsessed about transfers, more so than the actual football being played. Or it feels that way. Player has a bad game? New signing needed. Its like 'winning' the transfer window is everything. Every new signing gives a dopamine hit. It doesn't help with people like Romano and the like feeding people all the tripe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sell your house and buy a one bed flat. Sorted!

As for your brother, is he paying rent? If not then you can see why he is no rush to sort anything out. 

ps You still got your Mustang?!

Good point, up the rent (from zero potentially) and it might motivate him to think about leaving. 

22 hours ago, villaajax said:

Thanks for the replies on my little rant guys. You're all right, I should be having that conversation with my family and I have had a chat with my mum at least and she said she can now see things from my point of view, however it doesn't really change anything. She has said that if I met someone, she would move in with her partner but until that time comes, she feels she has no reason to. My brother is a difficult one though as he really has nowhere else to go. I don't know if he's fallen out with all his friends here but he doesn't seem to have any contact with them. They're all pretty much married and have families anyway so it's not like they'd have space for him. As I mentioned, he's a chef and has spent the past several years working in different countries but he doesn't seem to have any interest in getting a Dutch (EU) passport, which he could do, so he ends up having to mess around with paperwork in order to stay anywhere with just a British passport and so that never works out.
I had 2 months at the end of last year where I had my home completely to myself and it felt great. Just the peace and calm. Feeling free. I even had a look at what rental prices are like around here and I knew they would be bad but I was shocked. Some places around here are over £2000 per month, but that's Oxfordshire for you I guess.
As I expected, the girl I matched with on Bumble had been asked out by someone else before I did, so she said that she wanted to see how that went and wasn't the kind to double date and wished me well, which I think is fair. I've noticed that her profile is still up though... I know it's not the done thing but if it's still up in a month's time or so, would it be out of the question to check in with her? I'm not too proud to ask and I really do like her a lot.

Are you Dutch? And if so, is this a Dutch thing? The feeling entitled to overstay unless you have a really important reason to not want them there?

I know you said this was the original family home, but if I was you, and considering how you said before it’s a case of neither work or home life giving you a break from the other, I’d be tempted to let them all know that you’ve made the hard decision to sell and move to somewhere smaller, and once it’s sold they’ll obviously need to pack up/ get their dog. I’d chose a valuation, and if anyone said “but we should keep it in the family”, I’d say “well that’s how much it’s up for?”

Maybe that’s drastic, but it does feel like you’re being taken advantage of, and this may be the only way that doesn’t involve more serious talks and the potential fallout arguments “you kick me out / forced me to collect my dog etc”

• Like 1

On 30/08/2024 at 10:05, rodders0223 said:

David Beckham advertising Stella.

I mean, I can take some liberties. The thought of Redknapp wearing Skechers for one, but watching Beckham sip a Stella on hot ones takes the biscuit.

Seen it, it's just weird, for all the episodes and the stars that have done it it just looks daft and a bit desperate 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seen it, it's just weird, for all the episodes and the stars that have done it it just looks daft and a bit desperate 

He doesn't even drink it and I'm not sure he even speaks 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He’s done other drinks too

screenshot_2023-03-23_142124.png?w=1280&

Yeah I knew about that one so the link to alcohol isn't the thing and I'd guess Stella in America doesn't have the negativity surrounding it that it does in the UK it's more just the placement of it and how weird the whole thing is

Edit - maybe it's more hot ones seem like they sold out than Beckham 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Enlist a VTer to go and “move in“ with you as your new partner so your family has to leave.

End up with VTer staying there as well as family.

I’ll do it, I live closest to him I think.

@villaajax can I play with your Lego and wrestling figures? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's 7.30am. Him over the road who bought a house this year and has been building an extension all summer just drove up onto his drive with the manitou again. When he does this he's usually about to move the 6 or 7 little skips he's got out there so noisy manitou, beepy reverse beeper, clang clang bang clang as he shifts the metal skips about on the tarmac of his drive.

Don't get me wrong I'm awake and up and about and a builder myself, I know things can be noisy. But I'm also aware that without permission you're not supposed to start working in a residential area before 8am. He's hardly doing himself any favours in welcoming himself to the neighbourhood.

I really don't wanna be THAT guy but if he starts up now I think I might have to be the one to go and have a chat with him. Selfish word removed.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mottaloo said:

He doesn't even drink it and I'm not sure he even squeaks

Checks out, his video has fewer views than the Donald Duck one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's 7.30am. Him over the road who bought a house this year and has been building an extension all summer just drove up onto his drive with the manitou again. When he does this he's usually about to move the 6 or 7 little skips he's got out there so noisy manitou, beepy reverse beeper, clang clang bang clang as he shifts the metal skips about on the tarmac of his drive.

Don't get me wrong I'm awake and up and about and a builder myself, I know things can be noisy. But I'm also aware that without permission you're not supposed to start working in a residential area before 8am. He's hardly doing himself any favours in welcoming himself to the neighbourhood.

I really don't wanna be THAT guy but if he starts up now I think I might have to be the one to go and have a chat with him. Selfish word removed.

I remember being really impressed that my builders used to start at 7.30/7.45 daily when I had my extension done. To be fair though, I rarely heard much noise from them at that time, as they were often prepping stuff or doing (relatively) quieter jobs until 8.

• Like 1

This is a super minor one, but it drives me mad

Our office supplies free fruit in the kitchen areas. Bananas are like gold dust and are always gone, yet there are always loads of apples leftover. Just buy more bananas and less apples

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I remember being really impressed that my builders used to start at 7.30/7.45 daily when I had my extension done. To be fair though, I rarely heard much noise from them at that time, as they were often prepping stuff or doing (relatively) quieter jobs until 8.

This is the correct way. Nail guns and circular saws going off at 730 though, just a lack of thought.

In fairness to him today he parked it up and been quiet as a mouse so my early morning grumpyness was unfounded this morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

This is a super minor one, but it drives me mad

Our office supplies free fruit in the kitchen areas. Bananas are like gold dust and are always gone, yet there are always loads of apples leftover. Just buy more bananas and less apples

Ours has lemons and limes too.

On 30/08/2024 at 11:16, PieFacE said:

The amount of Twitter guff in the main channel is starting to annoy me a lot. I have no issues with people posting actual news that comes from Twitter. But the amount of threads that get bumped with people sharing things from Twitter that are completely useless is annoying. Anyone can just go and follow the official Villa twitter account, re-posting everything here feels unnecessary and a complete waste of time even opening most threads now. 

This this this. 

I go into a topic hoping for some actual news or an opinion of a player or employee of the club, but nah, it's just a photo of Morgan Rogers from twitter giving a thumbs up to the camera. Then there will be the exact same photo a few hours later only posted by somebody different on twitter 'Morgan Rogers. That's the tweet.' 

I think this website would be so much better if Twitter was banned on here. Hell, with the cesspit it has become under Musk and many people on here deleting their accounts on there, it would be a nice stand against it from VT anyway. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â