Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 hours ago, Xela said:

"Any1 knoe wot time Asdas opens?" 

Use google you fat slag. You could get the answer quicker than it took to type the question on Facebook. 

yes to be fair it's not limited to villatalk at all...facebook, whatsapp groups...it does my head in

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Was it one of my posts that triggered you? :D

I'd be cooking in darkness if @bickster didn't do my lightbulb shopping for me !

i wouldn't feel right digging out individuals...just depends if you were one of the 50 people who asked when the CL fixtures will be announced!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i wouldn't feel right digging out individuals...just depends if you were one of the 50 people who asked when the CL fixtures will be announced!

Phew, not me, but I know a man to ask....

• Haha 2

The amount of Twitter guff in the main channel is starting to annoy me a lot. I have no issues with people posting actual news that comes from Twitter. But the amount of threads that get bumped with people sharing things from Twitter that are completely useless is annoying. Anyone can just go and follow the official Villa twitter account, re-posting everything here feels unnecessary and a complete waste of time even opening most threads now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bickster said:

They don’t need advertising

Was just about to say the same thing. My facebook feed is wall to wonderwall posts about the bloody thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The amount of Twitter guff in the main channel is starting to annoy me a lot. I have no issues with people posting actual news that comes from Twitter. But the amount of threads that get bumped with people sharing things from Twitter that are completely useless is annoying. Anyone can just go and follow the official Villa twitter account, re-posting everything here feels unnecessary and a complete waste of time even opening most threads now. 

Do you mean people or do you mean person?

• Haha 3

Is it me or a generation thing? The sight of beanie wearing, every Apple product wearing, nob heads taking up space in a perfectly acceptable indie coffee shop as 'work from home' c-units. 

They sit there for hours nursing an flat white for 8 hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had a meal and then went to a pub to play some pool.  This weirdo turns up on a stool with his dog and just sits there watching us play.  Eventually he tells us we're setting up the triangle wrong and I think 'here we **** go'.  10 minutes later my mate asks if he wants to join in, then he gets his chalk out his pocket and goes off to get his cue out the car.  The dog he left behind is even thinking 'here we **** go again'.  Get totally hustled until he 'accidentally' pots the white and black at the same time to hand me a win, like I'm a complete gimp.  What a weirdo.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

David Beckham advertising Stella.

I mean, I can take some liberties. The thought of Redknapp wearing Skechers for one, but watching Beckham sip a Stella on hot ones takes the biscuit.

Naaa.  Rednapp all day.

At least Beckham don't speak.

Footballer legend Jamie Rednapp.

"Being a footballer, I'm used to not using my hands".

Ohh,***k off you complete an utter word removed!! 🤣

Thanks for the replies on my little rant guys. You're all right, I should be having that conversation with my family and I have had a chat with my mum at least and she said she can now see things from my point of view, however it doesn't really change anything. She has said that if I met someone, she would move in with her partner but until that time comes, she feels she has no reason to. My brother is a difficult one though as he really has nowhere else to go. I don't know if he's fallen out with all his friends here but he doesn't seem to have any contact with them. They're all pretty much married and have families anyway so it's not like they'd have space for him. As I mentioned, he's a chef and has spent the past several years working in different countries but he doesn't seem to have any interest in getting a Dutch (EU) passport, which he could do, so he ends up having to mess around with paperwork in order to stay anywhere with just a British passport and so that never works out.
I had 2 months at the end of last year where I had my home completely to myself and it felt great. Just the peace and calm. Feeling free. I even had a look at what rental prices are like around here and I knew they would be bad but I was shocked. Some places around here are over £2000 per month, but that's Oxfordshire for you I guess.
As I expected, the girl I matched with on Bumble had been asked out by someone else before I did, so she said that she wanted to see how that went and wasn't the kind to double date and wished me well, which I think is fair. I've noticed that her profile is still up though... I know it's not the done thing but if it's still up in a month's time or so, would it be out of the question to check in with her? I'm not too proud to ask and I really do like her a lot.

2 hours ago, villaajax said:

As I expected, the girl I matched with on Bumble had been asked out by someone else before I did, so she said that she wanted to see how that went and wasn't the kind to double date and wished me well, which I think is fair. I've noticed that her profile is still up though... I know it's not the done thing but if it's still up in a month's time or so, would it be out of the question to check in with her? I'm not too proud to ask and I really do like her a lot.

Leave it. She was trying to let you down gently. 

• Like 2

On 30/08/2024 at 11:16, PieFacE said:

Had this very same complaint myself in this thread a couple of times.

One person in particular must just spend all day on twitter searching #AVFC and reposting every tweet he can find.

It adds no value to the site. It just fills it up with guff

• Like 2

There was one bloke through the Euros that was just posting anything and everything from a well known banterous twitter account, not even leaving their own comment or view.

It got to the point I was questioning whether they were profiting from it. Should be banned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Had this very same complaint myself in this thread a couple of times.

One person in particular must just spend all day on twitter searching #AVFC and reposting every tweet he can find.

It adds no value to the site. It just fills it up with guff

It's weird, he will now go missing until the January window.  I don't get how he gives this much of a shit about who we sign but then when the football starts, nothing.

Shit, are my ears bleeding? well no, there's no blood or any liqu......

Ah, MrsVM is listening to Kate Nash very loudly, that's what it is.

🎶Tal king at the mic ro phone

Like lib ret to at an op ra

Not a good one where the

notes change when I____ SPEAK____🎶

FML

21 hours ago, villaajax said:

Thanks for the replies on my little rant guys. You're all right, I should be having that conversation with my family and I have had a chat with my mum at least and she said she can now see things from my point of view, however it doesn't really change anything. She has said that if I met someone, she would move in with her partner but until that time comes, she feels she has no reason to. My brother is a difficult one though as he really has nowhere else to go. I don't know if he's fallen out with all his friends here but he doesn't seem to have any contact with them. They're all pretty much married and have families anyway so it's not like they'd have space for him. As I mentioned, he's a chef and has spent the past several years working in different countries but he doesn't seem to have any interest in getting a Dutch (EU) passport, which he could do, so he ends up having to mess around with paperwork in order to stay anywhere with just a British passport and so that never works out.

Sell your house and buy a one bed flat. Sorted!

As for your brother, is he paying rent? If not then you can see why he is no rush to sort anything out. 

ps You still got your Mustang?!

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â