Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Fairly confident the last time fridge condiments came up, i posted a picture of the small print on the back of a bottle of Heinz tomato sauce that said ‘do not refrigerate’.

Then, shortly after that, they changed the labelling to read something like ‘for best results refrigerate once opened’.

Proving Heinz had a source at VT.

Sauce…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s been done to death and it seems like there’s no right or wrong answer. We keep mayo in the fridge once opened but I don’t think it’s really necessary.

There is a right answer.

If you open up a product, keeping it in the fridge will keep it fresher for longer.

Obviously most of the stuff we eat is so packed with crazy cancerous chemicals that it could survive outside of the fridge. But, to make sure it stays fresh, you keep it in the fridge.

Restaurants put open sauces in fridges overnight for that very reason. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2024 at 14:19, GarethRDR said:

The metrics of fame are ultimately intangible and unknowable.  Much like the very bottom of my laundry basket.

Know whats at the bottom of mine?

Maya Pajama's

🥁

The bastardisation of the "Tenable" format on social media.

I've seen loads and loads of videos on social media of people doing versions of Tenable (the quiz show if you haven't heard of it)

Football tenable, Movie tenable etc etc tiktokers or whatever playing it with their mates.

Sounds interesting enough. But they almost always bastardise the format.

The whole point of tenable is it's a list of ten things, but there is an order. So it will be "The top 10 best selling albums of all time" or "The ten most popular christian names in the UK". And the goal is to name those 10. The whole idea is there is an order so it gives you clues along the way. If you said "Thriller" and it was only number 2, you'd know you're missing the most obvious one. That kind of thing

But on social media it's always something like "Name 10 players who have won the golden boot" or "Name 10 movies starring Matt Damon"

NO! It can't just be choose 10 things out of a hundred possibilities. There needs to be an order

I'm well aware it's likely nobody else will care about this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The bastardisation of the "Tenable" format on social media.

I've seen loads and loads of videos on social media of people doing versions of Tenable (the quiz show if you haven't heard of it)

Football tenable, Movie tenable etc etc tiktokers or whatever playing it with their mates.

Sounds interesting enough. But they almost always bastardise the format.

The whole point of tenable is it's a list of ten things, but there is an order. So it will be "The top 10 best selling albums of all time" or "The ten most popular christian names in the UK". And the goal is to name those 10. The whole idea is there is an order so it gives you clues along the way. If you said "Thriller" and it was only number 2, you'd know you're missing the most obvious one. That kind of thing

But on social media it's always something like "Name 10 players who have won the golden boot" or "Name 10 movies starring Matt Damon"

NO! It can't just be choose 10 things out of a hundred possibilities. There needs to be an order

I'm well aware it's likely nobody else will care about this

I didn't care (or even know about it) until I read your post, but now I do. I like Tenable and it must be protected !! Bloody kids shit on everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I didn't care (or even know about it) until I read your post, but now I do. I like Tenable and it must be protected !! Bloody kids shit on everything.

It's not even just kids. 

But I'd say 90% of the ones I've seen are just "name 10 of these things", completely missing out a massive element of the game

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not even just kids. 

But I'd say 90% of the ones I've seen are just "name 10 of these things", completely missing out a massive element of the game

So you’re saying it’s UnTenable 

• Haha 2

Hey, I've got a great idea for a VT Tenable:   Name 10 running inside jokes on VT associated with a particular poster in no particular order.

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

Hey, I've got a great idea for a VT Tenable:   Name 10 running inside jokes on VT associated with a particular poster in no particular order.

The time he pretty much deleted a forum? That poster? 

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The time he pretty much deleted a forum? That poster? 

To be clear, 10 different running jokes associated with 10 individual posters.  Not saying I can think of 10 myself.

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

To be clear, 10 different running jokes associated with 10 individual posters.  Not saying I can think of 10 myself.

Dave. 
Sheds. 
The taxi licensing authority of the city of Wolverhampton. 
Sockless posters. 

Thats for starters. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Dave. 
Sheds. 
The taxi licensing authority of the city of Wolverhampton. 
Sockless posters. 

Thats for starters. 

Henry the vaccuum

A certain ex-pat's lack of a road/driveway

DHUTWU

A certain poster's typos

A Fab Four fanboy

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Henry the vaccuum

A certain ex-pat's lack of a road/driveway

DHUTWU

A certain poster's typos

A Fab Four fanboy

A renamed search engine 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Who was the original 50/50 guy?

• Like 1

A US Leeds fanboy posing as a Villa supporter.

Perhaps instead of saying "running jokes" it would have been better to use the term "meme," as this is a social media site.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â