Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

You know when you have a bottle of something, say ketchup, or shower gel or mayo, and it's got the opening of the bottle at the bottom, so it's designed to be opened from the bottom, cause you know, gravity bringing the goodies the right way - when that bottle is put in the cupboard or fridge upside down (so the purposefully engineered opening (kw.gif) is at the top, in stead of at the bottom) - it doesn't matter if the bottle is full, or nearly empty, why is it upside down. You don't put the butter in the fridge upside down, you don't put a 'right way up' bottle in the fridge upside down, why is my Hellmans standing on it's head.

That really shouldn't piss me off. But it does. Far too much. 

I feel your pain brother. 

10 hours ago, T-Dog said:

You know when you have a bottle of something, say ketchup, or shower gel or mayo, and it's got the opening of the bottle at the bottom, so it's designed to be opened from the bottom, cause you know, gravity bringing the goodies the right way - when that bottle is put in the cupboard or fridge upside down (so the purposefully engineered opening (kw.gif) is at the top, instead of at the bottom) - it doesn't matter if the bottle is full, or nearly empty, why is it upside down. You don't put the butter in the fridge upside down, you don't put a 'right way up' bottle in the fridge upside down, why is my Hellmans standing on it's head.

You've obviously met my wife.   

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, T-Dog said:

You know when you have a bottle of something, say ketchup, or shower gel or mayo, and it's got the opening of the bottle at the bottom, so it's designed to be opened from the bottom, cause you know, gravity bringing the goodies the right way - when that bottle is put in the cupboard or fridge upside down (so the purposefully engineered opening (kw.gif) is at the top, instead of at the bottom) - it doesn't matter if the bottle is full, or nearly empty, why is it upside down. You don't put the butter in the fridge upside down, you don't put a 'right way up' bottle in the fridge upside down, why is my Hellmans standing on it's head.

This is a bone of contention with me and IDKWTCH

She's far tider than me. Cleans more. Generally just better domesticated than me.

But there are two exceptions. The first one is the insides of cupboards and drawers (her technique is open, throw in whatever it is you're putting in, and shut the door very hard so it all just squashes in0.

The second one is anything that comes in a tube or squeezy bottle. It's like living with a(nother) 2 year old. Firstly she stores them in the fridge sideways. On their side. Theirs literally no need. There's a shelf specifically made for condiments.
Then when she squeezes them she squeezes them like king kong. Like fairy liquid, you barely have to touch it. The tiniest squeeze and loads comes out. But she crushes it. Every tube or squeezy bottle in the house is crushed. Because that's how she uses all of them. So every time I come to use them I have to do that annoying thing where you take the lid off and kind of squeeze the sides so that air goes back into the bottle so you can use it again.

Toothpaste, shampoo, ketchup, fairy liquid, creams. EV ER Y THING

And finally she doesn't put the lids back on. Ever. So half the contents are spilling out or smeared around the top of whatever tube it is. It's gross

I've asked her nicely. Really nicely. And I've asked her not so nicely. It's literally what you teach a 3 year old child not to do. Nothing has worked

Drives me insane

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

She's far tider than me. 

I guess your relationship ebbs and flows then?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

she squeezes them like king kong

Made me LOL :D

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Anyway, condiments in the fridge? Controversial...

My sister came to stay recently and put my bottle of Cholula hot sauce in the fridge. Just wrong.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

My sister came to stay recently and put my bottle of Cholula hot sauce in the fridge. Just wrong.

My wife keeps the Encona hot sauce in the fridge. I have no opinion on this, as I never use the stuff. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Anyway, condiments in the fridge? Controversial...

Yeah I don't know why. I've always kept stuff like mayo and ketchup in the fridge. I know you don't have to, it just feels right though

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I don't know why. I've always kept stuff like mayo and ketchup in the fridge. I know you don't have to, it just feels right though

I think they do tell you to don't they? 

My parents never stored ketchup in the fridge though and they're both still alive as am I and my brothers. 

Not sure how nucg actual egg is in heinz Mayo though. 

I suspect ketchup has much more sugar than mayo. 

It’s been done to death and it seems like there’s no right or wrong answer. We keep mayo in the fridge once opened but I don’t think it’s really necessary.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is a bone of contention with me and IDKWTCH

She's far tider than me. Cleans more. Generally just better domesticated than me.

But there are two exceptions. The first one is the insides of cupboards and drawers (her technique is open, throw in whatever it is you're putting in, and shut the door very hard so it all just squashes in0.

The second one is anything that comes in a tube or squeezy bottle. It's like living with a(nother) 2 year old. Firstly she stores them in the fridge sideways. On their side. Theirs literally no need. There's a shelf specifically made for condiments.
Then when she squeezes them she squeezes them like king kong. Like fairy liquid, you barely have to touch it. The tiniest squeeze and loads comes out. But she crushes it. Every tube or squeezy bottle in the house is crushed. Because that's how she uses all of them. So every time I come to use them I have to do that annoying thing where you take the lid off and kind of squeeze the sides so that air goes back into the bottle so you can use it again.

Toothpaste, shampoo, ketchup, fairy liquid, creams. EV ER Y THING

And finally she doesn't put the lids back on. Ever. So half the contents are spilling out or smeared around the top of whatever tube it is. It's gross

I've asked her nicely. Really nicely. And I've asked her not so nicely. It's literally what you teach a 3 year old child not to do. Nothing has worked

Drives me insane

Smash the house up 

• Like 1

Fairly confident the last time fridge condiments came up, i posted a picture of the small print on the back of a bottle of Heinz tomato sauce that said ‘do not refrigerate’.

Then, shortly after that, they changed the labelling to read something like ‘for best results refrigerate once opened’.

Proving Heinz had a source at VT.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â