Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

Google maps is shit and always has been shit. It’s also getting worse

It also powers shit things like U**r and that powers U**r to rip off all its customers because they base their prices on Googles totally shit routing algorithm.

What’s the alternative? And I don’t mean for driving.

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm already on Google! I've already chosen Google! How can that be unfair competition?

If I wanted another map I would have already Googled, ironically, "other shit map website".

Wasn’t there a thing a while back that businesses were complaining that Google displayed so much information that the websites never actually got the visits from the person browsing. 

Could that be related to this? Ie if you find a restaurant on Google and it displays all this stuff like photos and menus etc you never actually visit the website for that business

which can be an issue. Depending on the business

• Like 1

"Playful yet subversive, Harry Styles' remarkable story unfolds from heartthrob beginnings to the most distinctive artistic voice today."

🤢

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, villaajax said:

I could to with a therapeutic rant which I think it mostly on topic.

I know everything could be worse and there will be people envious to be in my position in some cases but there is nothing in my life that I'm content with, it's like I've gotten everything from a cursed monkey paw, something just has to be off about it.

I own my own home. I bought it about 8 years ago with my mum after my dad passed away as it seemed like a sensible idea at the time. She's since signed her half over to me so it's 100% my house, or at least it will be after another 28 years of payments to the bank... but it's the home my family have been in since well before I was born and so despite having a partner who she spends most of her time with, my mum doesn't want to move in with him full time so she'll spend half the week with him, then over the weekend she brings him to my house. I get along with him for her sake but the guy is just your standard ill informed yet very opinionated English man and I believe that's rubbing off on my mum too. Why don't they just spend their time at his house?

On top of that, my brother asked if he could come and stay for a couple of weeks while he sorts out some paperwork. He's now been here 5 months. He does the online shop and cooks to be fair to him, since he is a chef, but, I miss cooking for myself. I enjoy my own food more on the whole. I kind of miss shopping on occasion because that was an opportunity to be by myself.

We have some very strong disagreements on things and there are a lot of things that just bug me. He's very messy, he will take stuff out the cupboards and leave it. He never puts the caps back on anything. Always leaves the bathroom tap dripping. Vapes indoors and gums up the windows. Now, we're pretty much all guys here, and us single guys have our urges... but if you satisfy those urges, at least clean the toilet seat off when you're done. Don't leave it for your brother or mum to clean up the following morning. In the end I left him a note as it was happening every single day. He hid in the spare room for 3 days after that polite note.

We want out for dinner the other day for mum's birthday and a neighbour asked what his plans were "I don't have any" so I take it from that he's basically moved in.

I also have my sister's dog here. He's a nice dog and pretty obedient but he was abused by previous owners and left to die. As a result of his injuries and surgery, he's very prone to pooing himself. My bedding is currently in the wash. My sister works away a lot and so doesn't have the lifestyle to have a dog, so I am basically the full time carer for a dog that I don't want, who poos all over my house and doesn't always play nice with my own dogs.

I don't enjoy my job but it gets me away from this for a bit. As soon as I get to work I look forward to leaving, then when my day is up, I don't want to go home. I have nowhere else to be. Right now I'm actually sat in my car in my garage writing this as I've found it's the only space I really have to myself.

As noted, I'm single. I'm very introverted, have no self confidence and every girl I have ever built up the courage to ask out has messed me around, which just makes me feel worse each time. So after a lot of convincing I finally gave in and gave Bumble a go, which I've been on for nearly 2 months. Out of all the girls I swiped right on, one actually matched, which was great because out of all of them, she's the one I thought was the best match and we got talking and the conversation was flowing pretty well so I decided to ask if she'd like to meet. Then I got hit with the "that sounds good but I'm busy at the moment". I've heard this a few times before so I know the score but I thought fine, I really like this girl and would love to meet her. She said she was busy over the weekend and most of last week. I did hear from her once or twice in between but the conversation from her side slowed right down. So I decided to ask if she was free this coming week or weekend. I've had no response.

I want to tell her "I get it, I've always been a backup option at best so I'm all too familiar with the signs". But that little bit of hope I have keeps saying "she might genuinely be busy" and if I knew that was true, I would happily wait. She's also Dutch so I would expect her to be blunt if she wasn't interested but who am I trying to convince?

Is it too much to ask for a little peace in my own house that I threw my life savings into? To get a little enjoyment from something I spend 8 hours a day doing? To meet someone who would at least give me the opportunity to prove in person that they could do a hell of a lot better?

Sorry to read that mate, whilst you’re clearly not happy with several things it also seems like you only need some tweaks rather than a major overhaul to improve things.

Is selling the house either privately or to family a possibility? Any sort of business involving family ends badly in my experience. Seems like they are taking advantage of your relaxed nature.

A clean break on the home front might resolve a number of the annoyances. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

"Playful yet subversive, Harry Styles' remarkable story unfolds from heartthrob beginnings to the most distinctive artistic voice today."

🤢

Harry who?

• Haha 2

On 24/08/2024 at 13:38, fightoffyour said:

Google Maps. You used to be able to search for a restaurant, see the info, reviews, website, and the map. Click on that, you're in, and you can see where it is/get directions.

Now there's a map there, but you can't click on it. Okay there's a Directions button, but it still loads up into a separate Google Maps website rather than being the same page. Plus, you might not want directions but just to look at the map of the surrounding area, in which case you have to clear the directions.

Why the **** have they done this? It worked perfectly before.

I've found a few Google bits to be a little less friendly over recent updates. My whole love of Google is pure simplicity, if Google can't do it (hello Maps) then I'll use another service (meet Waze - which, ironically, believe you own, but still kicks Maps right in the flaps), but I'm slowly getting more and more annoyed about their developments.

• Like 1

My missus watching the latest in trash reality dating programmes - Love is Blind UK.

Another load of vacuous wannabes being paired up after talking blind to each other...from behind screens, blindfolds or effing buckets on their heads for all I care.

Honestly....as if love island, married at first sight or other equally sh!te productions weren't enough, i now have this utter tripe to put up with.

My man cave can't come quick enough. Just need someone who's ITK with sheds 😉

18 hours ago, Xela said:

I know its easy to say mate, but you need to be a bit assertive.

Mom - "I love you Mom, and you are welcome to stay over every now and again, but I don't want your fella staying over. Its my house, and I want to relax here"

Brother - "Can we talk about a formal rent agreement? If you are staying, it'll be £500 per month. If not then you'll need to look for your own place"

Sister - "Can you come and collect your dog please. I don't have the capacity to look after him anymore"

Take it from there. 

It always amazes me how much people get walked over.

I'm the youngest in my family by 7 years and was always somewhat of a punching bag.

But by the time you're a late stage teenager?  

Lol **** that.

Take control and stop being a wuss.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

My missus watching the latest in trash reality dating programmes - Love is Blind UK.

Another load of vacuous wannabes being paired up after talking blind to each other...from behind screens, blindfolds or effing buckets on their heads for all I care.

Honestly....as if love island, married at first sight or other equally sh!te productions weren't enough, i now have this utter tripe to put up with.

My man cave can't come quick enough. Just need someone who's ITK with sheds 😉

felix-hagan-hmm-thinking.gif

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It always amazes me how much people get walked over.

I'm the youngest in my family by 7 years and was always somewhat of a punching bag.

But by the time you're a late stage teenager?  

Lol **** that.

Take control and stop being a wuss.

internet-tough-guy-tough.gif

Tell your mum and brother to do one, basically.

I'm introverted, shy, lack confidence. Living alone was the best thing that happened to me and gave me all the confidence and self worth I needed. I was a 30 old year old, absolute no hoper.

5 years later I got a kid and a family.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Xela said:

I know its easy to say mate, but you need to be a bit assertive.

Mom - "I love you Mom, and you are welcome to stay over every now and again, but I don't want your fella staying over. Its my house, and I want to relax here"

Brother - "Can we talk about a formal rent agreement? If you are staying, it'll be £500 per month. If not then you'll need to look for your own place"

Sister - "Can you come and collect your dog please. I don't have the capacity to look after him anymore"

Take it from there. 

That's not assertive. Assertive is 

"CAN YOU ALL JUST F*** OFF YOU F****ING MUGGGGGGGGS!. 😂

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Currently looking at Google maps, looking for gardens with lots of sheds to burn down. 

You won't find them on Google Maps, but Burning Shed are well worth investigating. 

Screenshot_2024-08-26-19-05-57-91_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â