Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

9 hours ago, choffer said:

Checked into the Airbnb for a weekend away in Dublin. Walk into the bedroom and there’s a framed cartoon picture of Stevie G looking down on the bed. That’s coming down until just before we leave.  
Seriously though, what grown man has a (poorly drawn) picture of that scouse nobber at the end of the bed?

Christian Purslow 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In laws staying over. They stink. They smoke, a lot. Even when they don't smoke they stink. I'm not even sure it's their clothes, it just emanates from them.

At least get them to do something useful like install an induction hob for you

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

She did it on purpose to steal the limelight.

There's something about this women I really don't like and can't out my fingers on it.

Nah she really was on Radio 1 in the morning so she genuinely was late. 

Not saying you’re wrong about her. I get the whiff of arrogance as well. 

But on this occasion the lateness was justified

Maya Jama is basically the antithesis of who I am and what my interests are, but she's mainstream enough that I know who she is through osmosis.

I'm sure she's a lovely person but I have an innate distaste for anyone who you suspect got where and what they are through their looks. You feel like she's is one accident with a kettle 15 years ago from being nobody. There's little to no substance there, she's famous for how effectively her looks make people want to shoot ropes.

Posted (edited)

The new style of 'beat the robot' ai captcha that have come out recently. The new Microsoft one especially. Tiny little images and a requirement to correctly match 10 out of 10.

AI training for free.

It's one thing when it takes a few seconds, this takes minutes. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

Google Maps. You used to be able to search for a restaurant, see the info, reviews, website, and the map. Click on that, you're in, and you can see where it is/get directions.

Now there's a map there, but you can't click on it. Okay there's a Directions button, but it still loads up into a separate Google Maps website rather than being the same page. Plus, you might not want directions but just to look at the map of the surrounding area, in which case you have to clear the directions.

Why the **** have they done this? It worked perfectly before.

The EU attached bottle caps. This makes it difficult to drink from the bottle and, more importantly, to actually re-attach the cap. I have to rip it off anyway to be ablw to screw the lid back on normally with ease.

What problem does this solve? Who is taking the time to recycle a plastic bottle and not putting the cap back on? You crush the bottle, squeeze the air out, and screw the lid on to keep it compact. Are there millions of rogue bottle caps littering the streets while the bottles are all being recycled? I can't see it somehow. Can we not be trusted to operate bottle caps anymore?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Google Maps. You used to be able to search for a restaurant, see the info, reviews, website, and the map. Click on that, you're in, and you can see where it is/get directions.

Now there's a map there, but you can't click on it. Okay there's a Directions button, but it still loads up into a separate Google Maps website rather than being the same page. Plus, you might not want directions but just to look at the map of the surrounding area, in which case you have to clear the directions.

Why the **** have they done this? It worked perfectly before.

Related to this I guess. "Google removed the direct link to Maps in search results due to the EU's Digital Markets Act, which promotes fair competition. EU users now need to visit the Maps website directly or use the "Directions" option."

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Related to this I guess. "Google removed the direct link to Maps in search results due to the EU's Digital Markets Act, which promotes fair competition. EU users now need to visit the Maps website directly or use the "Directions" option."

Yep. It's not changed in the UK.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

**** EU!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The new style of 'beat the robot' ai captcha that have come out recently. The new Microsoft one especially. Tiny little images and a requirement to correctly match 10 out of 10.

AI training for free.

It's one thing when it takes a few seconds, this takes minutes. 

Don't use Microsoft crap.

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm already on Google! I've already chosen Google! How can that be unfair competition?

If I wanted another map I would have already Googled, ironically, "other shit map website".

Google maps is shit and always has been shit. It’s also getting worse

It also powers shit things like U**r and that powers U**r to rip off all its customers because they base their prices on Googles totally shit routing algorithm.

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm already on Google! I've already chosen Google! How can that be unfair competition?

If I wanted another map I would have already Googled, ironically, "other shit map website".

Bing maps says "It looks like you want to drive off a cliff, can I help you with that?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Google maps is shit and always has been shit. It’s also getting worse

It also powers shit things like U**r and that powers U**r to rip off all its customers because they base their prices on Googles totally shit routing algorithm.

I though Uber moved to Mapbox. Not got time to check at the moment though.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

I though Uber moved to Mapbox. Not got time to check at the moment though.

If they did I didn’t realise. Google maps is still shit though :D 

13 minutes ago, limpid said:

Bing maps says "It looks like you want to drive off a cliff, can I help you with that?"

I've never had any experience of their routing because I've never wanted to

Google has got so bad that I use it to discover where a road is and then turn it off. Almost guaranteed my route is quicker and shorter, even with road closures I navigate around them better.

And I’m absolutely sick to death of passengers telling me I'm going the wrong way because they are using google maps in the car to make sure I’m going the right way.

48 minutes ago, limpid said:

Don't use Microsoft crap.

All my son wants for his birthday is Minecraft. Need Microsoft accounts for us both to set the parental controls.

The new AI captcha stuff isn't just Microsoft, they're just particularly bad.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â