Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

@Stevo985 is known (or known of) by the vast majority of VTers in Off Topic.   A significant number of VTers in Off Topic (me included) have no idea who Maya Jama is.   Since fame is apparently 100% subjective, I'm choosing VT Off Topic to be my universe for defining famous (known and recognized by many people, per Cambridge Dictionary).   Therefore, @Stevo985 is much more famous than Maya Jama.

• Like 4

If only google hadn't removed the amount of hits a search produces we would have settled this 6 hours ago.

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I don’t watch or listen to anything Maya Jama is on. I don’t read newspapers or magazines and I don’t frequent The Daily Mail online and I have heard of her and could pick out in a line up. You are just a contrary bunch of bastards. This is like a reverse Bonnie Raitt. 

Bonnie who?

On Maya Jama I had heard her name previously but wouldn't have known what she looked like or what she did.

She's not well known by everybody like someone like Thom Yorke for example...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Bonnie who?

On Maya Jama I had heard her name previously but wouldn't have known what she looked like or what she did.

She's not well known by everybody like someone like Thom Yorke for example...

Who?

4 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

What is grime? Seriously, no idea & too busy to Google 

Wikipedia has it as

Grime is a genre of electronic dance music that emerged in London in the early 2000s. It developed out of the earlier UK dance style UK garage, and draws influences from jungle, dancehall, and hip hop

Edited by Genie

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wikipedia has it as

Grime is a genre of electronic dance music that emerged in London in the early 2000s. It developed out of the earlier UK dance style UK garage, and draws influences from jungle, dancehall, and hip hop

Lost me at dance 🤣

• Like 2

Checked into the Airbnb for a weekend away in Dublin. Walk into the bedroom and there’s a framed cartoon picture of Stevie G looking down on the bed. That’s coming down until just before we leave.  
Seriously though, what grown man has a (poorly drawn) picture of that scouse nobber at the end of the bed?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is that a square 4 burner induction hob. 

I've been looking at one, a larger oblong size one, and they seem to need their own dedicated ring circuit. 

Yep, pretty much square 60*51 or thereabouts. The hob and ovens are on their own dedicated ring circuit from a safety switch.

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

@Stevo985 is known (or known of) by the vast majority of VTers in Off Topic.   A significant number of VTers in Off Topic (me included) have no idea who Maya Jama is.   Since fame is apparently 100% subjective, I'm choosing VT Off Topic to be my universe for defining famous (known and recognized by many people, per Cambridge Dictionary).   Therefore, @Stevo985 is much more famous than Maya Jama.

She's such a niche "famous" celebrity that I've neither heard of her before today nor do I know whether she wears socks like a normal person.

7 hours ago, blandy said:

I bought a new hob for the kitchen. Fancy induction one. It came with a moulded 13 Amp plug. That’s great, right? Just plug it in. Er, no. When I fitted the old hob 20 years ago, it didn’t come with a plug, so I routed a long wire from the safety switch under all the cabinets I was fitting and up to underneath the hob position, put in one of those junctions and then ran another wire to the hob. So there’s no socket anywhere near the hob location. So in order to avoid voiding the warranty by snipping off the moulded plug, I’ve had to fit a socket under the hob. Swapping the hobs over has gone from a 15 minute job to about 3 hours, because of convenience of modern kit. And the new hob is just a tad deeper than the old one, so tomorrow I’ve got to take it back out, and cut away about a centimetre of mdf inside the drawer cabinet thing.

F*** me.

When we got a new induction hob it was absolute nightmare to install….for my FIL.

• Haha 1

On 22/08/2024 at 22:33, T-Dog said:

Hahaha not a chance, mental women are my jam, might start hanging around Women's Prisons....

No need to hang around a prison. Just view/date over 40s on Tinder. All of them unhinged.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I went to a wedding with Maya Jama once. Not WITH her, but she was a guest there.

She arrived late because she'd been on Radio 1 in the morning and when she walked in it was hilarious. The whole room just stopped.

She is absolutely insanely beautiful

She did it on purpose to steal the limelight.

There's something about this women I really don't like and can't out my fingers on it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â