Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, Wainy316 said:

The usual suspects 😆.  And even though you may want to remain nonchalant, now you've seen her, you all would like to sleep with her wouldn't you.

OK, just Googled her. Nope. Plastic Barbie doll. 

Then again, 70 year old blokes are probably not her target market. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And that lot neatly explains why I've never heard of her. 

'Classic VT' is the assumption that we all routinely experience any of the above. 

It would be pretty much impossible to have never seen or heard her. 

I don’t watch Love Island but I know she hosted it, and have seen numerous adverts for it and other products she’s endorsing.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Plastic Barbie doll

Those bangers are real

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would be pretty much impossible to have never seen or heard her. 

Believe me, it really isn't. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

Over the last 10 years she’s been on loads of TV shows, hosted Love Island for a couple of years, Radio 1 DJ, shed loads of adverts. Dated the most famous grime artist for several years. She hosted this years Brit awards.

Classic VT :lol: 

You should be ashamed of acknowledging that list of TV/Radio - all wank and is partly the reason TV is shit and there's no quality.  Because people watch any old, cheap shit and it saves TV companies money, so they don't invest in making good shows etc. 

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

Over the last 10 years she’s been on loads of TV shows, hosted Love Island for a couple of years, Radio 1 DJ, shed loads of adverts. Dated the most famous grime artist for several years. She hosted this years Brit awards.

Hmm, a list of current culture, which is basically versions of advertising products and promoting celebrity, the monetisation of anything and everything. Stuff which basically, I try and avoid.

I would have to admit, Love Island wouldn’t be my strong game if it came up on a quiz show. The most famous grime artist, sorry, no. Radio 1 DJ’s bloody hell. The Brit awards. It would be just my luck for these to be the categories the week I get to go on a tv quiz show, I would not be winning that speedboat.

I’m not saying that stuff is wrong, it’s just not really for me.

It’s just I’d have been more interested if it had been a Mexican jam festival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Love Island - nope

Radio 1 - nope

Adverts - nope

Grime - nope

Brit Awards - nope

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hmm, a list of current culture, which is basically versions of advertising products and promoting celebrity, the monetisation of anything and everything. Stuff which basically, I try and avoid.

I would have to admit, Love Island wouldn’t be my strong game if it came up on a quiz show. The most famous grime artist, sorry, no. Radio 1 DJ’s bloody hell. The Brit awards. It would be just my luck for these to be the categories the week I get to go on a tv quiz show, I would not be winning that speedboat.

I’m not saying that stuff is wrong, it’s just not really for me.

It’s just I’d have been more interested if it had been a Mexican jam festival.

They aren’t for me either, but I am aware of them and I’m aware she has featured on them. 

There was quite a bit of media coverage a few weeks back when she split with Stormzy. I couldn’t tell you the name of any of his songs, but I know he’s quite a big deal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not accusing anyone here, but I suspect often on VT people take pride in not knowing who very very famous people are. It's a bit odd.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

They aren’t for me either, but I am aware of them and I’m aware she has featured on them. 

There was quite a bit of media coverage a few weeks back when she split with Stormzy. I couldn’t tell you the name of any of his songs, but I know he’s quite a big deal.

He was there too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

When you say media coverage, what media?

Not a trick question. I’ve got talk radio in the car and in the kitchen. I rarely miss Newsnight. I read both the Welsh and Scots versions of Nation. S4C. Byline times is a frequent read and I often pick up bits of The Times and Guardian on twitter. 

All of these appear to have let me down here.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When you say media coverage, what media?

Not a trick question. I’ve got talk radio in the car and in the kitchen. I rarely miss Newsnight. I read both the Welsh and Scots versions of Nation. S4C. Byline times is a frequent read and I often pick up bits of The Times and Guardian on twitter. 

All of these appear to have let me down here.

Stormzy and by extension Maya Jama would have plenty of coverage in the Guardian

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not accusing anyone here, but I suspect often on VT people take pride in not knowing who very very famous people are. It's a bit odd.

It’s not pride in not knowing from me.

It’s bafflement that because one person reads The Mirror, or follows Rylan on TikTok, or listens to news that has music playing in the background so you don’t switch channels, or watches the one show, there’s a presumption EVERYONE must be in the same place.

I don’t presume everyone watches Waldemar Januszczak on BBC 4 giving practical examples of how impressionist painting was executed. I don’t presume everyone knows the output from Bubblewrap’s twitter account.

It feels like a pretty easy concept to grasp, rather than presuming people are pretending, or being wilfully ignorant. It’s just there’s lots of stuff and different people consume different bits then in the Venn diagram of life they meet up on VT and some presume we all have the identical shared experience. That’s the odd take.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Stormzy and by extension Maya Jama would have plenty of coverage in the Guardian

I’ve seen Stormzy articles and a whole ‘thing’ about his black union flag stab vest, yep.

Now Stormzy has been mentioned, I might even have known he was ‘grime’. 

I don’t think I would ever have bothered reading about his girlfriend. Instant zone out.

• Like 2

I just see it as when you get older (and VT and it's folk are getting older), you'd filter out shit like Love Island :lol: But each to their own. 

I know of Stormzy because he wore a stab vest at a festival and I constantly get him mixed up with Lukaku when I see pictures of him.  I might be able to guess a song of his because Grime to me is truly terrible and most of the songs from different artists sound the same (again, I've no interest in getting to know Grime either).  

But I didn't have a clue about his girlfriend.  I wouldn't know who Noel Gallagher's wife (now ex) is if she punched me in the face either, because - who gives a shit? 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â