Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I didn't really think I was a lager snob until recently in this thread (👀)...!

Asahi is my personal preference; it's good on tap but I genuinely don't think anything comes close in bottled form.  It's so refreshing.

I'd probably happily drink most lagers but would stray from Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg.  I usually go for IPA/NEIPA anyway because I'm a hipster ****.

I do like Asahi in bottle form. It was always our drink of choice on hot evenings in HK. Ice cold bottles of Ashai at Joe Bananas bar. Maybe a cigar. Yes I am an insufferable oaf. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

there's a place in bewdley that does it on tap, only ever seen it in 2 or 3 places

On tap at The Railway in Brum

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

All this talk.abiut different lagers and ales, yet no love for a nice cider.

Gimme a good scrumpy any day. 

I'm sure there are a few tractor driving wurzels on here who like them! ;) 

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sure there are a few tractor driving wurzels on here who like them! ;) 

I have memories of the Fawcett Inn in Fratton, Pompey having their own cider years ago. comedy even before a drop was drunk. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I met the guy staying at the royal hotel in Brighton, I'm 6ft, he might be the biggest man I've ever met (KW) made me feel tiny 

Is that the hotel on the corner directly opposite the pier? He does look like a unit tbf, , so I probably wouldn't tell him he pisses me off for fear of him striking me.

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

Is that the hotel on the corner directly opposite the pier? He does look like a unit tbf, , so I probably wouldn't tell him he pisses me off for fear of him striking me.

It's not the royal it's the grand, the big old white one, rooms are shit, breakfast is the best in the world - seriously the breakfast is the best in the world 

I stepped out the front door and he was getting out of a cab 

Nice guy you might be disappointed to know 😂 but I'm told his books are rubbish 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

It's not the royal it's the grand, the big old white one, rooms are shit, breakfast is the best in the world - seriously the breakfast is the best in the world 

I stepped out the front door and he was getting out of a cab 

Nice guy you might be disappointed to know 😂 but I'm told his books are rubbish 

I think we might be thinking about the same hotel. If so, I'm glad someone else has stopped there. The last time we were there, I'm sure my bed was basically an ironing board with a towel draped over it. Felt like there were mannequins hiding in the wall, that type of place.

And **** Richard Osman, the big lanky brainbox.

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He's OK. 'Zahnder' on the other hand can get in the sea. 

Is that his sidekick on that quiz show (can't remember the name)

3 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Wish you could get it here. Have a friend in town with a solid cidery but he doesn’t make scrumpy. Probably for good reason, can’t see the California cider demographic drinking it 

Hard cider over there isn't it?

Hard to get a definition of 'scrumpy' in any formal sense. Just a kind of ubiquitous term that covers most small scale cider production although using any old apples (small sharp ones especially) would be perhaps traditional and not being fizy, although it can be fizzy. Conjours up visions of cloudy demi-johns in barns but isn't neccessarily that rough.

There is a friend who tells a story of pulling into a farm with a scrumpy for sale sign down in Devon many years ago who was asked what he wanted, so he asked what do they have, he got the reply

"well, we've got sleeping cider or fighting cider or laughing cider"

Get some apples and make your own I say :thumb:

1 minute ago, Jon said:

I wouldn't bother googling it. 

It's pointless 

Ha, excellent work - I know the show now! Catchphrase ain't it ;) 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Get some apples and make your own I say 

Have done. It was dangerous stuff. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Hard cider over there isn't it?

Hard to get a definition of 'scrumpy' in any formal sense. Just a kind of ubiquitous term that covers most small scale cider production although using any old apples (small sharp ones especially) would be perhaps traditional and not being fizy, although it can be fizzy. Conjours up visions of cloudy demi-johns in barns but isn't neccessarily that rough.

There is a friend who tells a story of pulling into a farm with a scrumpy for sale sign down in Devon many years ago who was asked what he wanted, so he asked what do they have, he got the reply

"well, we've got sleeping cider or fighting cider or laughing cider"

Get some apples and make your own I say :thumb:

Disregard what I said. Yeah, plenty of hard cider here. I was thinking of something else that isn’t scrumpy. My bad 🍻

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Scrumpy has no extra juice or sweetener added to it like cider does. You don’t pasteurize the finished product, and it usually isn't carbonated. 

When I was about 16 me and some mates got hold of something called The worlds strongest cider. It smelled if biscuits and it was **** lethal. I hated cider so I had a single swig but my mates were comatose off the back of it. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â