Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Peroni and Moretti are far nicer than Carling. I'm not a beer snob, in fact beer snobbery really pisses me off. I like fizzy lager so **** everyone with their pale ales and gingernut flavoured microbrewery shite

It's simple taste. They're way nicer

Yep, Asahi is way dryer than Madri, and most lagers in my experience

I appreciate this is kind of anti the point you are making... but I would drink the crap out of a gingernut flavoured ale. sounds incredible

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm a social chameleon with drinks :)  Went out twice after work last week

1) Three pints of lager in the cheapest pub in Brum, The Railway. 

2) Four pints of various ales in the marvellous Prince of Wales, a cask ale haven.

I'm happy with anything really!

The lager I had was Madri and Asahi. Was there a difference in taste? Yeah, marginally. Not enough to make a difference though. 

In a blind taste test, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between most lagers

Isn't Madri the original Carling Black Label receipe just rebooted. Never seen sight of Spain or anything remotely Spanish. I got that from a reliable source

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

All this talk.abiut different lagers and ales, yet no love for a nice cider.

Gimme a good scrumpy any day. 

Because people like to keep their teeth.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because people like to keep their teeth.

I've got all my teeth.

Spoiler

Nice and safe, in a jar, in the closet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was buying a beer at Bordeaux airport because we needed somewhere to sit waiting for a delayed flight, and that shithole of an airport only has one cafe with about 5 seats behind it.

Anyway, the cashier says "something something French beer or Heineken".

"I'll have the not-Heineken please." That got a laugh out of her and another woman in the queue.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Was buying a beer at Bordeaux airport because we needed somewhere to sit waiting for a delayed flight, and that shithole of an airport only has one cafe with about 5 seats behind it.

Anyway, the cashier says "something something French beer or Heineken".

"I'll have the not-Heineken please." That got a laugh out of her and another woman in the queue.

She was laughing because she gave you Heineken anyway and you loved it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

People who feel the need to swing their car out one way, in preparation to turn their car the opposite way. F*ck off! You’re not in a flatbed lorry, and you’re not drag racing. You’re driving a Nissan Juke in Birmingham! Just turn **** left!!!

One for the boring thread, but when turning on a bike, you always start the manoeuvre by leaning towards the opposite direction.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

People who feel the need to swing their car out one way, in preparation to turn their car the opposite way. F*ck off! You’re not in a flatbed lorry, and you’re not drag racing. You’re driving a Nissan Juke in Birmingham! Just turn **** left!!!

Oh dear lord.  This, this and more this👆

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Typing #avfc into Twitter and copying and pasting every single tweet you see onto VillaTalk isn’t adding any value to this site

Helps you win the day it seems though. 

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Helps you win the day it seems though. 

We’d all win the day if we posted 927 tweets every day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

Isn't Madri the original Carling Black Label receipe just rebooted. Never seen sight of Spain or anything remotely Spanish. I got that from a reliable source

Could be. Same brewery.

I don't mind a Madri. Its nothing special, but on a hot day, it'll do!

Just now, Xela said:

Could be. Same brewery.

I don't mind a Madri. Its nothing special, but on a hot day, it'll do!

Cruzcampo is my new friend

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

Again, there’s such a big difference between them! 😳

Lager innit? Maybe I don't have a cultured enough palate to tell the difference. Too many carolina reaper chillis burning my taste buds away! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

All this talk.abiut different lagers and ales, yet no love for a nice cider.

Gimme a good scrumpy any day. 

Wish you could get it here. Have a friend in town with a solid cidery but he doesn’t make scrumpy. Probably for good reason, can’t see the California cider demographic drinking it 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â