Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

59 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

When I worked in West Brom it was a box of samosas. It was way more popular than cakes. 

As you all know, I'm not a curry fan, but I love a good samosa (meat or veg). Used to work with a Sikh lass who regularly brought in a boxful (her mum made them), and they were to die for. 

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I've never understood why people have to bring cakes/treats in on their birthday? Feels like it should be the other way around. 

I don’t understand why people celebrate birthdays if the truth be known

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Footage from Bicks last birthday.

Just imagine there's way more candles on the cake.

One for every day he's survived 

a-thousand-wax-candles-virtualdream.gif

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I've never understood why people have to bring cakes/treats in on their birthday? Feels like it should be the other way around. 

Nah, that way round you're expecting your work mates to remember / care

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah, that way round you're expecting your work mates to remember / care

It's more why do I need to buy stuff for people I work with just because it's my birthday. 

If I want to share the day with them, then fair enough. 

But why is there an expectation that I'll go out and get treats for other people?

On 18/08/2024 at 09:32, Genie said:

The problem is once it’s gone I feel just as hungry, if not hungrier than when I started. 

you're doing it wrong

you need to go customise, and add the extra patty and bacon to make a triple saus and egg muffin with bacon. then you're full.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you're doing it wrong

you need to go customise, and add the extra patty and bacon to make a triple saus and egg muffin with bacon. then you're full.

Is that your stomach or your arteries which are stuffed full?

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's not all Gregg's fault, it's the whole country 

Bakeries in the UK are a race to the bottom, people don't want £2 donuts and sausages rolls, they want 5 of them for 50p with no consideration as to how they shouldn't possibly be able to make them so cheap

Also dont think people ever stop to think about how "fresh" this stuff is, it's all part baked or thaw and serve, Greggs and supermarket bakeries have done a great job of convincing people that stuff is made there rather than being delivered part baked frozen and just finished off there thanks to a pre set oven 

That said festive bakes are to die for

I also think this country, more than a lot of others, gravitate towards chains and names that they recognise.

I bet if you put a Greggs and an independent bakery on the same street with the same prices, Greggs would take a hell of a lot more than the independent bakery.

Same with costa/starbucks etc compared to an independent coffee shop.

When you add in the fact that the independent places will almost always be more expensive (because they have to be) then they've got no chance

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I don’t understand why people celebrate birthdays if the truth be known

This is the least surprising thing I've read on VillaTalk this decade

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I also think this country, more than a lot of others, gravitate towards chains and names that they recognise.

I bet if you put a Greggs and an independent bakery on the same street with the same prices, Greggs would take a hell of a lot more than the independent bakery.

When you add in the fact that the independent places will almost always be more expensive (because they have to be) then they've got no chance

on the contrary, where you do get a good independent place on a high street, i do find they're the more popular. i live very near a main high street and the independent cafe will be packed with a 30 min wait for a table by 9am on a typical saturday or sunday whilst the costa that's 1 minute walk away is empty. i do think there's been a shift in this direction in recent years

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, no distance apart here we have a Costa with its crap milky coffee and we have an indie coffee shop that has better coffee and homemade cakes and the indie shop works with the homeless getting them their first job, a bit of a CV to use to move onwards and upwards. It isn’t a hobo caff, it’s a good coffee shop. it’s always costa that is full.

But then, there are multiple indie record shops in town selling new records for £15, and then there’s HMV where everything is £38. People go to HMV.

Cardiff Market has become a street food venue, you can spend to any budget, you can grab a 50p cake, a £1 pastie, burger n chips, posh burger n chips, £5 for chicken curry n noodles, or something more adventurous from all around the world. Meanwhile, there is a queue out the door at Mac Donald’s.

People are odd.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same with costa/starbucks etc compared to an independent coffee 

I've travelled around a small bit in the UK and it always feels like every town, village and city is the same. Boots, Greggs, Ladbrokes and a weather spoons. Everything is the same and there's no character or uniqueness left. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Case in point

That's a £3 box of depression, not a clue why people would do it, that's garbage 

FB_IMG_1724050065365.jpg

Me picking up a 11am snack

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's not all Gregg's fault, it's the whole country 

Bakeries in the UK are a race to the bottom, people don't want £2 donuts and sausages rolls, they want 5 of them for 50p with no consideration as to how they shouldn't possibly be able to make them so cheap

Also dont think people ever stop to think about how "fresh" this stuff is, it's all part baked or thaw and serve, Greggs and supermarket bakeries have done a great job of convincing people that stuff is made there rather than being delivered part baked frozen and just finished off there thanks to a pre set oven 

That said festive bakes are to die for

Is Greggs even a bakery anymore? It doesn't do any baking. No loaves or fresh stuff. Just warmed up sausage rolls for the chavvy parents and their kids with double barrelled christian names. Still, at least the processed pork treat keeps Fifi-Grace and Kayden-Jai happy for a few mins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â