Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, Genie said:

My take is I really don’t care, if someone says cob, bap, bun, roll, batch I know what they’re talking about. It doesn’t matter.

Heard all of those before except for cob (in this context), new one to me 

7 hours ago, imavillan said:

Brummies always call it a cob

I beg to differ, especially when when you're mentioning baps

now, that's a whole different meaning for me

When I hear baps my immediate thought is Fantasy Premier League 🙄

This is called "Fralla" in 90% of the Swedish landmass.

ynznkPjEEeWMrvecib-CHQ-Gkruni18Eeq4BJ3lQ

Only the southern tip inhabited by (apart from me) numpties call it "Bulle" Bulle in the rest of the country is this:

6161_kanelbulle_95g_opv_med.jpg

The **** state of this semi-danish peninsula :( 

• Like 4

**** Prius driving Uber jizzblob earlier. Approached the roundabout in the right hand lane, then indicates left and tries to cut across 2 lanes. 

Must have got his taxi licence in Mogadishu. Or Wolverhampton. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I cannot believe the vitriol towards Gregory and Gregory (Greggs)

Between the most bottom end breakfasts (it's Maccies, it is what it is, I enjoy it, but it's filth) and Greggs (it's a bacon cob, and a coffee for a lot less) or a Phillpots, cold, bacon and lettuce sandwich and a choca mohca body shocker coffee for £79 pound...

Greggs knows what it is, it knows where it belongs - Anyone else cusses it again and I'll fight ya :D 

Greggs give me 3 free coffees a week because of Virgin Media/o2, and an extra monthly free one for using confused.com. In my eyes they’re performing a public service!

• Like 2

One that’s annoyed me for a while… the quality of the “HD” coverage on match of the day. 

It’s **** dreadful. It’s barely HD at all. And it’s been like that for years

I’m not technical enough to know why that might be, but it pisses me off

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I cannot believe the vitriol towards Gregory and Gregory (Greggs)

Between the most bottom end breakfasts (it's Maccies, it is what it is, I enjoy it, but it's filth) and Greggs (it's a bacon cob, and a coffee for a lot less) or a Phillpots, cold, bacon and lettuce sandwich and a choca mohca body shocker coffee for £79 pound...

Greggs knows what it is, it knows where it belongs - Anyone else cusses it again and I'll fight ya :D 

Agree on Maccies. Pure greasy filth, but you can't beat a double sosser and egg muffin and hash browns every now and again.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Agree on Maccies. Pure greasy filth, but you can't beat a double sosser and egg muffin and hash browns every now and again.

The problem is once it’s gone I feel just as hungry, if not hungrier than when I started. 

7 hours ago, T-Dog said:

That would be fine in isolation but it's bought and destroyed several quality establishments to get there is the issue. 

hasbulla-hasbik.gif

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

One that’s annoyed me for a while… the quality of the “HD” coverage on match of the day. 

It’s **** dreadful. It’s barely HD at all. And it’s been like that for years

I’m not technical enough to know why that might be, but it pisses me off

It's not a technicality. Just put your glasses on. 😂

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

The problem is once it’s gone I feel just as hungry, if not hungrier than when I started. 

Then you go to Greggs :P 

• Haha 2

On 15/08/2024 at 20:06, sidcow said:

Speaking of Greggs elsewhere.... Greggs. 

The shittest Bakery ever that took over tons of better bakers and closed them down just to avoid competition. 

Now they have a virtual monopoly they peddle their inferior shite that at least used to be cheap but is now expensive and half the size it used to be because they've no one to challenge them. 

My god Starkeys was 4 times the bakers that Greggs are, superior in every product.. Three Cooks twice the baker. 

It actually makes me angry. I'd give my right arm for a Starkeys sausage roll. They were a thing of absolute beauty. 

And of any small baker does try to start up in their patch (which is everywhere), they just close them down by reducing prices or buying them to close down. 

Bastards. 

I remember Three Cooks. There was one in Sutton from memory. Also Braggs, as people have mentioned.

There is a very good bakers in Lichfield called Hindleys. There used to be a chain of them (there was one by Horts in Five Ways) but just the one shop now. Always a big queue. 

Also a decent bakers called Birds in Lichfield. Lots of stores across the East Midlands region - sure @Davkaus and @bobzy will know of them.

It's not all Gregg's fault, it's the whole country 

Bakeries in the UK are a race to the bottom, people don't want £2 donuts and sausages rolls, they want 5 of them for 50p with no consideration as to how they shouldn't possibly be able to make them so cheap

Also dont think people ever stop to think about how "fresh" this stuff is, it's all part baked or thaw and serve, Greggs and supermarket bakeries have done a great job of convincing people that stuff is made there rather than being delivered part baked frozen and just finished off there thanks to a pre set oven 

That said festive bakes are to die for

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's not all Gregg's fault, it's the whole country 

Bakeries in the UK are a race to the bottom, people don't want £2 donuts and sausages rolls, they want 5 of them for 50p with no consideration as to how they shouldn't possibly be able to make them so cheap

Also dont think people ever stop to think about how "fresh" this stuff is, it's all part baked or thaw and serve, Greggs and supermarket bakeries have done a great job of convincing people that stuff is made there rather than being delivered part baked frozen and just finished off there thanks to a pre set oven 

That said festive bakes are to die for

Case in point

That's a £3 box of depression, not a clue why people would do it, that's garbage 

FB_IMG_1724050065365.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Case in point

That's a £3 box of depression, not a clue why people would do it, that's garbage 

FB_IMG_1724050065365.jpg

A lazy way to satisfy your work colleagues on your birthday 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â