Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Speaking of Greggs elsewhere.... Greggs. 

The shittest Bakery ever that took over tons of better bakers and closed them down just to avoid competition. 

Now they have a virtual monopoly they peddle their inferior shite that at least used to me cheap but is now expensive and half the size it used to be because they've no one to challenge them. 

My god Starkeys was 4 times the bakers that Greggs are, superior in every product.. Three Cooks twice the baker. 

It actually makes me angry. I'd give my right arm for a Starkeys sausage roll. They were a thing of absolute beauty. 

And of any small baker does try to start up in their patch (which is everywhere), they just close them down by reducing prices or buying them to close down. 

Bastards. 

Talking of this, was Braggs a company that Greggs took over or did Greggs just change their name?

57 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Talking of this, was Braggs a company that Greggs took over or did Greggs just change their name?

Another taken over by Greggs. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Another taken over by Greggs. 

In Leeds they took over Thurstons. Which, tbf, was no better. But coincidentally (?), the really good Leeds baker (Ainsleys) went tits up at around the same time. Some of their shops were taken over by Couplands - who are truly awful, even worse than Greggs. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

The shittest Bakery ever that took over tons of better bakers and closed them down just to avoid competition. 

Now they have a virtual monopoly they peddle their inferior shite that at least used to be cheap but is now expensive and half the size it used to be because they've no one to challenge them. 

My god Starkeys was 4 times the bakers that Greggs are, superior in every product.. Three Cooks twice the baker. 

It actually makes me angry. I'd give my right arm for a Starkeys sausage roll. They were a thing of absolute beauty. 

And of any small baker does try to start up in their patch (which is everywhere), they just close them down by reducing prices or buying them to close down. 

Bastards. 

the breakfast baps are OK...just OK. they're an improvement on the pre packaged shite you get in the likes of costa and these days you don't see many coffee shops doing decent, fresh, breakfast rolls. they always seem to be mass produced rubbish with bugger all meat inside.

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

the breakfast baps are OK...just OK. they're an improvement on the pre packaged shite you get in the likes of costa and these days you don't see many coffee shops doing decent, fresh, breakfast rolls. they always seem to be mass produced rubbish with bugger all meat inside.

Bacon yes, but their sausage baps are an abomination. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bacon yes, but their sausage baps are an abomination. 

😉😀

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

My take is I really don’t care, if someone says cob, bap, bun, roll, batch I know what they’re talking about. It doesn’t matter.

You're no fun anymore. 

• Haha 2

Brummies always call it a cob

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

My take is I really don’t care, if someone says cob, bap, bun, roll, batch I know what they’re talking about. It doesn’t matter.

I beg to differ, especially when when you're mentioning baps

now, that's a whole different meaning for me

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You're no fun anymore. 

It’s about as much fun as the “debate” of which side of the toilet roll the paper should fall 🙂 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Brummies always call it a cob

I beg to differ, especially when when you're mentioning baps

now, that's a whole different meaning for me

Fair one, I’ll allow that. 

• Like 1

I think Cob is more of a Black Country, maybe west Birmingham word.  Maybe it was more widespread and is retreating that way.  I tend to think of it as more of a larger, rustic bun than a bap.

Back to the Greggs breakfast baps.  The bread for them is pretty horrible as well now I think about it.  So yes, essentially the bacon is good........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A batch is an actual loaf of bread in many parts of the country :D 

So no, you don't, you just think you do :P 

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Now they have a virtual monopoly they peddle their inferior shite that at least used to be cheap but is now expensive and half the size it used to be because they've no one to challenge them. 

Bastards. 

Don't get mad, get even. My Greggs shares are up 10% in a couple of months, they seem to be doing really well, opening branches everywhere. 😁

Edited by stuart_75
typo

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

A batch is an actual loaf of bread in many parts of the country :D 

So no, you don't, you just think you do :P 

If someone offers me a cheese or bacon batch I will not be expecting a full loaf of bread 😁

2 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Don't get mad, get even. My Greggs shares are up 10% in a couple of months, they seem to be doing really well, opening branches everywhere. 😁

Yes, it amazes me how many people rave about them.  People do like shit food as we've covered here before.

Roll/bun - Southerners but universal enough to be a recognised term everywhere

Cobs - Brummie, black country and much of the East Midlands

Barmcake - Manc clearings in the woods

Bread cake - Yorkshire clearings in the woods

Muffin - Lancashire clearings in the woods

Batch - Coventry and Nuneaton clearings in the woods

Baps - Bewbies!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â