Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Keep them around, they trap and eat more annoying things, like flies.

Unless they are above a certain size, then blowtorch!!!!

I think I'd prefer the flies.

Microsoft Outlook

I mean it's completely shit anyway.
But my most recent complaint is I decline and/or delete a meeting or a series of meetings.

Then I turn my back for 5 seconds and when I open my calendar, it's back.

"Exchange serve recreated this meeting that was missing from your calendar"

IT WAS MISSING FOR A REASON YOU STUPID ****!

Tried every solution a google search has offered up but so far nothing. Every day I open my calendar and every day that daily 4pm call that I've been declining and deleting for the last 3 months is back

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Microsoft Outlook

But my most recent complaint is I decline and/or delete a meeting or a series of meetings.

Tried every solution a google search has offered up but so far nothing. Every day I open my calendar and every day that daily 4pm call that I've been declining and deleting for the last 3 months is back

If you solve this please post a fix. Exactly the same issue, coincidence being mine is at 4pm as well. 

• Like 1

This is the second time this has happened to me , so perhaps on me.

Buy some pork scratchings, can't wait to eat them. Those clear bags with writing on them, not too much branding. Turns out they are chilli flavoured pork scratchings, and they are not just hot, they're offensively hot.

Why on earth would I need to look at a bag of scratchings to see what flavour they are, they should be pork scratching flavour.

Yet this is the second time it has happened so I should have looked.

...and it will happen again, as it's been 35 years I've been buying pork scratching , it's muscle memory at this point just to grab them at the till. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Or conkers apparently (at least that's  what my mum says) 

Edit: And it's only £20 for a bag of 10 on Amazon

£20 for a bag of 10 conkers?! I’m going to start collecting them 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Microsoft Outlook

I had this same issue with the Villa fixture dates.  I signed up to that thing from a Villa email that added all the fixture dates to my google calendar.  But then they added extra dates like when they went on sale, then added rubbish dates for prize draws, etc. So i deleted all the dates out of my calendar, but every time i deleted them the next morning they would all appear again!

I'm not making that mistake this season!!

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

I had this same issue with the Villa fixture dates.  I signed up to that thing from a Villa email that added all the fixture dates to my google calendar.  But then they added extra dates like when they went on sale, then added rubbish dates for prize draws, etc. So i deleted all the dates out of my calendar, but every time i deleted them the next morning they would all appear again!

I'm not making that mistake this season!!

Can you send me the on sale dates cos they didn't sync 

Posted (edited)

Coffee shops that don't have a dedicated barrista. I'm only here for 2 slices of toast but there are 2 people in the queue in front of me and it's going to take 20 minutes to make their mokkochockofluckolattes*.

*at £4 a cup for bloody coffee. Why didn't they just make it at home or use the kettle at work? Madness. Don't see these "coffee shop" places lasting long selling stuff at that quite ludicrous price 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Coffee shops that don't have a dedicated barrista. I'm only here for 2 slices of toast but there are 2 people in the queue in front of me and it's going to take 20 minutes to make their mokkochockofluckolattes*.

*at £4 a cup for bloody coffee. Why didn't they just make it at home or use the kettle at work? Madness. Don't see these "coffee shop" places lasting long selling stuff at that quite ludicrous price 

Pure laziness them people that use coffee shops. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On a semi serious and related note, there's a Costa drive through next to work. I use it fairly often, no big love of Costa, but it's coffee and it's next to work.

Sometimes the queue for the drive thru is enormous. LIke 10 cars. With nobody seeming to notice that you can just park and go inside. So often I do just that to miss the queue.

But some of the time when I get in there I just get completely ignored. And I mean for like 5-10 minutes. With the 3 or 4 people in there purely servicing the drive thru. I get that it's busy, but surely one person can serve theguy standing at the counter.

It's still quicker than waiting in the drive thru queue though. I take great pleasure in walking out and seeing the transit van driver waiting for his flat white has moved  spaces in the queue in 10 minutes

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

On a semi serious and related note, there's a Costa drive through next to work. I use it fairly often, no big love of Costa, but it's coffee and it's next to work.

Sometimes the queue for the drive thru is enormous. LIke 10 cars. With nobody seeming to notice that you can just park and go inside. So often I do just that to miss the queue.

But some of the time when I get in there I just get completely ignored. And I mean for like 5-10 minutes. With the 3 or 4 people in there purely servicing the drive thru. I get that it's busy, but surely one person can serve theguy standing at the counter.

It's still quicker than waiting in the drive thru queue though. I take great pleasure in walking out and seeing the transit van driver waiting for his flat white has moved  spaces in the queue in 10 minutes

Costa and Starbucks both prioritise the drive thru. Whereas McDonalds etc prioritise the delivery drivers then the drive thru then the people that walk in

Posted (edited)

Speaking of Greggs elsewhere.... Greggs. 

The shittest Bakery ever that took over tons of better bakers and closed them down just to avoid competition. 

Now they have a virtual monopoly they peddle their inferior shite that at least used to be cheap but is now expensive and half the size it used to be because they've no one to challenge them. 

My god Starkeys was 4 times the bakers that Greggs are, superior in every product.. Three Cooks twice the baker. 

It actually makes me angry. I'd give my right arm for a Starkeys sausage roll. They were a thing of absolute beauty. 

And of any small baker does try to start up in their patch (which is everywhere), they just close them down by reducing prices or buying them to close down. 

Bastards. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â